Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News: Republicans Cindy and Meghan McCain Support Gay Marriage Movement

Ellis

People are entitled to their opinions. Just because someone with some affluence believes something doesn't mean everyone in the country does.
Nope, but it doesn't make it wrong OR right. For example, I'm sure affluent people support marriage apartheid (thank you RRND for that). Doesn't make it right.

Nope, but it doesn't make it wrong OR right. For example, I'm sure affluent people support marriage apartheid (thank you RRND for that). Doesn't make it right.

Heck, in South Africa many affluent people supported Apartheid. Affluent people often support stuff that isn't right.

I'm not going to voice my opinion on gay marrage because I don't wan't it to taint my argument. How about this idea....

Take government out of marrage. No need for the courthouse. No tax benefit. Government couldn't care less. If you want to have some kind of ceremony to announce your love for another person, good for you. But there is no legal benefit or down side to being married. Would that make both sides happy?

I'm not going to voice my opinion on gay marrage because I don't wan't it to taint my argument. How about this idea....

Take government out of marrage. No need for the courthouse. No tax benefit. Government couldn't care less. If you want to have some kind of ceremony to announce your love for another person, good for you. But there is no legal benefit or down side to being married. Would that make both sides happy?

Or everyone gets the civil unions and benefits and the religous people can go to chuch and get their religous ceremonies after.

Or everyone gets the civil unions and benefits and the religous people can go to chuch and get their religous ceremonies after.

Something like that....I'm not going to say I have all the details figured out but isn't marriage historically a religious thing? why is the government even involved?

Something like that....I'm not going to say I have all the details figured out but isn't marriage historically a religious thing? why is the government even involved?

Because once the government starts deciding to give tax benefits or tax breaks and or even pays for things they can have a say.

That is why churches are also suppose to stay neuteral or lose their 501 3c status.

Makes too much sense :mad:

Because once the government starts deciding to give tax benefits or tax breaks and or even pays for things they can have a say.

That is why churches are also suppose to stay neuteral or lose their 501 3c status.

I don't know much about the church thing but in my plan the government stays out of it. So they don't give benefits or pay for anything. Then they can stay out of it.

I don't know much about the church thing but in my plan the government stays out of it. So they don't give benefits or pay for anything. Then they can stay out of it.

It benefits the government and a country as a whole to have people get married provide stable enviroments and have children. That is why they do it.

That's crap....half of all marriages end in divorce. Maybe at one time your statement was true but I think that time has passed.

Yes those people get together create wealth together and children then they split up and start over creating more wealth so there is a benefit to it, plus they help create and industry.

Yes those people get together create wealth together and children then they split up and start over creating more wealth so there is a benefit to it, plus they help create and industry.

And explain to me how the government sponsoring it makes it different then if it was done without government involvement?

Archived