Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC: U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

China

U.S. Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Coded references to New Testament Bible passages about Jesus Christ are inscribed on high-powered rifle sights provided to the United States military by a Michigan company, an ABC News investigation has found.

The sights are used by U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and in the training of Iraqi and Afghan soldiers. The maker of the sights, Trijicon, has a $660 million multi-year contract to provide up to 800,000 sights to the Marine Corps, and additional contracts to provide sights to the U.S. Army.

U.S. military rules specifically prohibit the proselytizing of any religion in Iraq or Afghanistan and were drawn up in order to prevent criticism that the U.S. was embarked on a religious "Crusade" in its war against al Qaeda and Iraqi insurgents.

One of the citations on the gun sights, 2COR4:6, is an apparent reference to Second Corinthians 4:6 of the New Testament, which reads: "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Other references include citations from the books of Revelation, Matthew and John dealing with Jesus as "the light of the world." John 8:12, referred to on the gun sights as JN8:12, reads, "Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Trijicon confirmed to ABCNews.com that it adds the biblical codes to the sights sold to the U.S. military. Tom Munson, director of sales and marketing for Trijicon, which is based in Wixom, Michigan, said the inscriptions "have always been there" and said there was nothing wrong or illegal with adding them. Munson said the issue was being raised by a group that is "not Christian."

Click on the link for the full article

Is ABC turning into Fox News? Trying to turn something into a big deal by manipulating the story?

:hysterical:

you are thinking this is the first time? come on- all the networks do this all the time, they always have, they always will.

I don't see how this is "trying" to turn something into a big deal. This undermines the US governments effort to play down the holy war aspect of this seriously. If a guy shot up a crowd of people in a mall and you were told that it wasn't for religious reasons... and then later learned he had religious messages scrawled on his weapons would that impact the way you saw the mass murder? You bet.

This moronic company needs to get on board with the mission or lose their contract.

Appranently I'm the only one so far that finds that choice on the part of the company rather twisted, though I know their stated rationale. And I'm hardly a reactionary.

I don't think it's a big deal in context to all the whacko stuff that's a part of daily life.

But then, I've know for a long long time (even before the tailgate or even the internet) that a huge slice of humanity is pretty ****ed in the head in one way or the other. :)

Of course the internet really brings it.:laugh:

I don't see how this is "trying" to turn something into a big deal. This undermines the US governments effort to play down the holy war aspect of this seriously. If a guy shot up a crowd of people in a mall and you were told that it wasn't for religious reasons... and then later learned he had religious messages scrawled on his weapons would that impact the way you saw the mass murder? You bet.

This moronic company needs to get on board with the mission or lose their contract.

That contract began with the markings on their products since the inception of their company. The DOD obviously had no problem with it while awarding the contract to begin with. Then add in that not a single issue has come about from this during the entire contract period, despite many thousands of the sights in the field, and we have a mountain out of a molehill and a non-news event.

That contract began with the markings on their products since the inception of their company. The DOD obviously had no problem with it while awarding the contract to begin with. Then add in that not a single issue has come about from this during the entire contract period, despite many thousands of the sights in the field, and we have a mountain out of a molehill and a non-news event.

When were they awarded the contract? Was it a no bid contract? Who over-saw the contract?

The DOD should have a problem with it for the same reason I mentioned above. As for "non-news" I'm pretty sure the side we are fighting (that being Al Qaeda) is trying desperately to turn the conflict into a holy war. Aiding them in this effort is not helpful.

So is the mountain just the people who didn't know about it and will expereince a "wft" moment (quite reasonably), or is the "mountain" also composed of the rush of many to blow it off as meaningless? :)

It takes much soil and rock to make a mountain.:silly:

And then there are trees on most mountains.

And maybe some squirrels in those trees. :D

The DOD should have a problem with it... as should Christian. Bible verses on instruments of death is a twisted use of The Word.

While I'd agree with the premise that its strange to have biblical verse references on a weapon, I am not certain that it's "twisted" either. As a Christian, I think that anything that may lead our soldiers to read more of the word is potentially a good thing.

again, not a real big deal and it certainly isnt anything close to the headline of "secret" Jesus code.

Actually, as I think about it, I would find who knew that was on the sights when they approved that contract, sanction them in some fashion, and tell the company to remove such material from our purchases or find an alternative supplier if it can be done (I'm sure it could) without any loss of fielding an effective weapon.

There should be no ****ing Buddhist, Christian, Muslim, LDS, JW, or atheistic promotional material imprinted on our military equipment.

Seems pretty dumb on the part of the company on a number of levels.

From a Christian perspective, I don't get why you'd put such a thing on a weapon of any kind. Seems ridiculous.

From a business perspective, I don't know why you'd engage in such nitnoid behavior that could possibly jeopardize such a huge contract (and as a result, the livelihoods of many/all of your workers).

And finally, all of the passages seem to really be out in left field as to the context. Of the passages quoted:

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life

What's their purpose? Neither passage is "bad ass" and would be inspirational to the common soldier, or given their meaning, appropriate for a weapon of war. Are they meaning to say that the soldier, by using the sight to kill a bad guy they're somehow shining a light? I just don't see what's intended here.

Religion of peace, anyone? :evilg:

So do soldiers get different equipment dependent on their religion? Or do the Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist and the soldiers of no-faith also get the Christian death messages on their weapon?

You got there first :laugh:

****ing people.:rolleyes:

I don't know why I spend so much time helping them. :halo:

Seems pretty dumb on the part of the company on a number of levels.

From a Christian perspective, I don't get why you'd put such a thing on a weapon of any kind. Seems ridiculous.

From a business perspective, I don't know why you'd engage in such nitnoid behavior that could possibly jeopardize such a huge contract (and as a result, the livelihoods of many/all of your workers).

They do have a rationale jp, I'm sure, and maybe one more for PR and another one a little more deeply layered---PR one something along the line of "sending our prayers and faithto guide and protect our brave soldiers." Who could argue with that other than a dirty American-hating <add your terms of choice> :D

I look at this like I look at the Movie Pulp fiction.....I didn't think Jules was prostulatizing when he said...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord WHEN I LAY MY VENGENCE UPON YOU."

Likewise folks who quote bible verses on weapons meant to kill folks, might think it's religious, but those reading it likely think it's just cold-blooded **** to say to a mother's son, before poping a cap in there arse.

It's just not really what I think Christianity is about... maybe it's just me.

Was Oppenheimer being religion at the Trinity Nuclear Tests when he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita

"Now I become Death, the destroyer of worlds", or did he just think it was something apropoe to say?

Archived