Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sage Rosenfels and Rex Grossman QB in 2010

KirkNC

I took a break from the forum for a few months because I got fed up with reading "Bench Jason, start Colt!!!11!!!!!one!" I logged in today to see what the consensus on the new hirings, etc., and saw this thread title. It was so ridiculous that I had to click through to see if the OP was joking.

I'm taking another break.

Jason Campbell will be the starting QB for the Washington Redskins on opening day. He will be playing in a Mike/Kyle Shanahan offense designed around his skill set (yes he has some skills). I expect he will have some success, but not enough to save his job. Our first round draft pick will start the following year (or possibly the end of next year).

Rex Grossman is a fantastic QB... about 25 percent of the time. The other 75 percent he totally sucks.

Seriously, have you ever seen a guy who looks sooo good a minority of the time, and sooooooo bad the majority of the time? It's mindboggling, really.

Sage Rosenfelds? Meh. I'd rather have JC, to be honest.

Keep Campbell, let Colt compete, and draft LeFevour. Hopefully one of those guys can step up with some Shanahan coaching and we could solidify at least one spot (two if we get lucky and trade down) on an aging, broken offensive line. Almost no quarterback is worth a damn with his head on a swivel.

Originally Posted by Jeff in D.C. viewpost.gif

Why are a bunch of people so high on Troy Smith? What has he ever done to warrant consideration as an NFL starting QB?

I just think he deserves a shot..

Dont forget that he won the starting job in B-More before losing it to illness..

He beat out a bunch of a scrubs on the Ravens roster to "earn" the starting gig. That isn't saying much.

I took a break from the forum for a few months because I got fed up with reading "Bench Jason, start Colt!!!11!!!!!one!" I logged in today to see what the consensus on the new hirings, etc., and saw this thread title. It was so ridiculous that I had to click through to see if the OP was joking.

Better wait until after JC is cut or traded because until then it'll probably be more of the same. ;)

Better wait until after JC is cut or traded because until then it'll probably be more of the same. ;)

No, I'm pretty sure it will continue until Brennan gets cut.

Judging Grossman with the bears could be a mistake... take a look at cutler with the bears vs with denver. Cutler 26 ints with the bears this past season.

True but the 2006 Bears were much better than the 2009 version. The year they made the SB they had 2 OL in the Pro Bowl, 3 defensive starters, a kicker, kick returner, and STer. Rex didn't have to carry the team he was just along for the ride. From 2006-07 Chicago got 9 touchdowns out of Hester in the return game. That takes pressure off the QB. He also still had Berrian who was a pretty good WR and Thomas Jones who is the top back for the top rushing offense in the league. Only twice in Grossman's career has he thrown more TD's than interceptions. His rookie year 2-1 and the SB year 23-20. Campbell has never accomplished this miraculous spectale of QB play.

Edit- Before someone jumps on my back I'm saying Campbell has never thrown more INT's that TD's, not the other way around.

If we draft a QB in the early rounds -- we're still going to need a veteran QB as stop-gap while the rookie sits and learns.

Apparently these two have some experience with Kyle Shanahan's offense -- which gives them a little more value. After all, we are going to need someone who can guide the other Redskins players in developing a comfortable expertise with the new offense.

Obviously Campbell is probably still in the mix -- but learning new systems quickly and being reliable enough with it to engrain good habits/familiarity for his team-mates, is not one of his strengths.

Rosenfels may be the best fit as the Skins's 2010 stop-gap vet, but may have too high of a price-tag. I haven't followed Grossman much, but I recall his performances as being extremely uneven; something we don't need.

so we can go 4-12 with campbell, but rex grossman would make us 2-14? LOL

some of you act like we just went 10-6 and need a QB to keep us at that level.

BLC, I think what you need to do is step back and just not get into any conversations that involve Campbell in any way, shape or form. It's obvious that you cant talk rationally or logically about him.

Have you seen ****ing Rex Grossman play?! You say JC is the worse, Grossman might be the worse QB the league has ever seen. EVER. And he plays WORSE outside, in crappy weather. Like it gets here in November, December and January. He is the worse possible choice for QB here. Now, if we were a Dome team, he might be a consideration for a backup spot. But to bring him in here would be a waste of time. I mean, you do want to find a guy that is better than JC, right? I'm assuming (and we know what that does) that you want to upgrade the position. Well to do that, you need to bring in guys that are actually better.

2-12 would be a miracle with Grossman. 0-16, sounds about right.

I would rather have Colt Brennan in a heartbeat that Grossman. And he cant even beat out Todd Collins, who is as old as I am. I would much rather have Pennington in here, at least he can actually play the potision in a way that doesnt remind me of a 3 year old like Grossman does. What we need to do is try to get some talent there and see who comes out on top in a open competion. Not bring in the absolute worst avaliable players and basically give the position to Campbell, right? I'm guessing that is what you want, unless your hate for him is so deep now that you actually want him around as a starter, just to you can keep attacking him constantly because it's all you have to live for.....;)

So, if we're going to bring in QB for a open competition (and I think we should) lets actually go and get some guys that have some talent.

BLC, I think what you need to do is step back and just not get into any conversations that involve Campbell in any way, shape or form. It's obvious that you cant talk rationally or logically about him.

Have you seen ****ing Rex Grossman play?! You say JC is the worse, Grossman might be the worse QB the league has ever seen. EVER. And he plays WORSE outside, in crappy weather. Like it gets here in November, December and January. He is the worse possible choice for QB here. Now, if we were a Dome team, he might be a consideration for a backup spot. But to bring him in here would be a waste of time. I mean, you do want to find a guy that is better than JC, right? I'm assuming (and we know what that does) that you want to upgrade the position. Well to do that, you need to bring in guys that are actually better.

2-12 would be a miracle with Grossman. 0-16, sounds about right.

I would rather have Colt Brennan in a heartbeat that Grossman. And he cant even beat out Todd Collins, who is as old as I am. I would much rather have Pennington in here, at least he can actually play the potision in a way that doesnt remind me of a 3 year old like Grossman does. What we need to do is try to get some talent there and see who comes out on top in a open competion. Not bring in the absolute worst avaliable players and basically give the position to Campbell, right? I'm guessing that is what you want, unless your hate for him is so deep now that you actually want him around as a starter, just to you can keep attacking him constantly because it's all you have to live for.....;)

So, if we're going to bring in QB for a open competition (and I think we should) lets actually go and get some guys that have some talent.

i would rather have anyone other than jamarcus russell behind center next to campbell. grossman is not very good, but he'd be something different. and i think youre going way overboard about how bad grossman is. hes the kinda guy that has one wow game then 3 terrible ones, but hes hardly the worst in the league.

campbell is bad, i dont care if we move to another bad QB, i just wanna see SOMEONE ELSE taking snaps.

and we can agree, lets let colt take some snaps. again, something different is needed. for all we know the team might respond to a change behind center. we'll never know until we try.

so in closing: im ok with anyone other than jamarcus russell. lol

Archived