Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FedEx Field

dcoles11

The field at FedEx seems to always turn to sand painted green to look like grass as soon as the weather turns bad.

Why don't they just go to field turf like a lot of other teams have?

The Steelers should as well, year and after year people are critical of their their field once winter rolls in.

Maybe we could get a burgundy field... kinda like Boise St.'s blue one :hysterical:

Wonder if there is a rule against that. it would look funny though.

A nice fresh green field would be awesome though. And we need to get rid of those faded burgundy pads on the walls around the field.

Maybe we could get a burgundy field... kinda like Boise St.'s blue one :hysterical:

That would be unique and kinda' sweet. I like you thinking. ;).

One thing I've always wanted us to do, is to have painted endzone's, gold background, burgundy Redskins and helmet as is now, ala the SB's we've been in. Just a personal thing, but it just adds something to the look of the field to me.

Hail.

Football should be played on real grass; not asphalt covered with plastic fake grass and chewed up tires. Football was not intended to be "pretty".

This. Heinz Field is awesome, forget the critics. Muddy, dirty, rough football in the winter is great.

Football should be played on real grass; not asphalt covered with plastic fake grass and chewed up tires. Football was not intended to be "pretty".

+1

Would love to see our grass painted burgundy though. Real grass and colored burgundy with gold lettering and numbers? Awesomeness would ensue.

I just dislike how ugly our field looks compared to other teams who use grass as well. Almost seems sort of cheap to me. Then again, I have no idea how much that stuff costs and I sort of don't want to find out.

The field at FedEx seems to always turn to sand painted green to look like grass as soon as the weather turns bad.

Why don't they just go to field turf like a lot of other teams have?

The Steelers should as well, year and after year people are critical of their their field once winter rolls in.

FedEx is always in good condition..this year was horrible because U2 did a concert there..and they layed down wood for a base "floor" and it killed most the grass from the 40 yard line or so towards the players tunnels

I think that if the field is bad that its an advantage for the home team because they know where to run through or not.

I disagree. This isn't high school ball where the field you practice on is the same one you play on.

Maybe it's because Portis was our main dude for such a long time, but it seems like our players have a ton of trouble keeping their feet underneath them when the field conditions are poor.

Usually they do an great job with the field. This "always looks like painted dirt" statement is way way off base. Most times, I'm surprised how good the field looks. This year was a little different b/c of U2 maybe, but for the most part the field looks great.

Of all the things to ***** about regarding Fedex, this is not one of them.

I like you!

Thank God you said that. I get so upset seeing these "newer" school fans who want the NFL turned into a glorified Arena League. Football (College and NFL) should be played outdoors in the elements, and on natural grass period.

It says a lot about teams who can tough out the elements in November and December vs. those sissy teams in their fancy super domes on fancy fake grass, playing in fancy 72 degree temperatures. It's all a bunch of malarkey if you ask me. Man up, grow a sack, and get dirty you pansies!

Actually had a work event at the ratbirds stadium and got to go on the field and their synthetic grass whatever field and thought it was pretty cool I never seen anything like it. Never thought there ever be a day in my life where I would like an artifcial type grass.

Archived