Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not so fast puke fans....

stoney26

I don't really put a lot of stock into the Vikings statistical ranks during the season. They played the Lions 2x, the Rams, the Packers without Clifton and Tauscher (not sure about that and too lazy to look it up, but I know the Packers were giving up LOTS of sacks early in the year), the Bears, the Seahawks, the 49ers, etc. Not exactly the cream of the crop of NFL offenses.

All I heard for the past 13 years (14 if you include this January) is how Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996.

Now we finally do ... but It's not a big deal because Philly just wasn't Philly the past two weeks?

That is pure bologna.

This is the new knock on Dallas? Beating a division rival who has owned us in years past in the playoffs? The Eagle team who never lost in the 1st round with McNabb/Reid? The same Eagle team who has arguable the most talented roster in the NFL?

:doh:

One thing alot of Dallas haters is forgetting:

That rush D -- not so good right now. Pat Williams probably won't play. EJ Henderson, MLB -- on IR. They're starting a kid at MLB. Think about that. Although they're ranked pretty high, without both of them, they're pretty ordinary. I like the Cowboys this week -- especially with this Bubba-wannabe spouting his mouth -- they need a new schtick, man!

How they stack up to me:

Offense

QB- Vikings- Romo sits to pee has been on as of late, but when the Vikings offense is clicking I think Brett is much more capable than Romo sits to pee

RB- Vikings (AP wins this by himself, but I also think Chester Taylor could start on Dallas)

OL- Vikings

WR- Vikings (landslide)

TE- Dal as a corps, but Shiancoe over Witten individually

Defense

DL- Vikings

LB- Dal

Secondary- Dal. I think Dallas's secondary is extremely overrated, but the Vikings' consists mostly of people I have never heard of.

Before I get flamed by Cowboys fans for taking Shiancoe over Witten- consider this. Shiancoe has been an absolute beast in the red zone this year. He is Brett's #1 target down there, and for good reason. Witten has almost double the yardage as Visanthe, but I chalk that up to the fact that Dallas has nothing but mediocrity at WR outside of Austin.

How they stack up to me:

Offense

QB- Vikings- Romo sits to pee has been on as of late, but when the Vikings offense is clicking I think Brett is much more capable than Romo sits to pee

RB- Vikings (AP wins this by himself, but I also think Chester Taylor could start on Dallas)

OL- Vikings

WR- Vikings (landslide)

Defense

DL- Vikings

LB- Dal

Secondary- Dal. I think Dallas's secondary is extremely overrated, but the Vikings' consists mostly of people I have never heard of.

Before I get flamed by Cowboys fans for taking Shiancoe over Witten- consider this. Shiancoe has been an absolute beast in the red zone this year. He is Brett's #1 target down there, and for good reason. Witten has almost double the yardage as Visanthe, but I chalk that up to the fact that Dallas has nothing but mediocrity at WR outside of Austin.

hahaha

good post, thanks for the laughs

I wouldn't say much more capable. More experience maybe.

RB- Vikings (AP wins this by himself, but I also think Chester Taylor could

start on Dallas)

Agreed that when compared with any individual RB that we have AP is greater. But, did you know that the 3 headed monster rushed for 1966 yards for 13 tds with a 4.9 avg? I'd take that type of production over a guy that has been known to fumble.

OL- Vikings

Disagree. You have to compare them against the opposing D line - I have a feeling that their subpar play will be exposed by Dallas. Vikes Oline isn't firing on all cylinders right now.

WR- Vikings (landslide)

Agreed. Although I'd like to think it's a little closer than a landslide.

Preposterous.

DL- Vikings

Disagree.

LB- Dal

Landslide

Extremely? Burgandy googles.

Shiancoe. No way. No how.

If the pukes win I will definetly give them my respect. If they go to Minny and win in that dome against Farve, they will deserve everyones respect. But beating a mediocre Eagle team at home doesnt earn **** in my book.

First of all, it is Favre, not Farve. I would think someone who knew how well a team matched up against another would at least know how to spell the QBs name.

Secondly, I just do not see how this will be an offensive shoot-out, as some here are making it out to be. The Cowboys have allowed ONE team this year, the Giants, to score more than 21 points on them. ONE. This despite going against teams like the Saints (17 pts.), the Eagles (16 pts., 0 pts., 14 pts.) and the Chargers (20 pts.). All of them were considered offensive juggernauts, yet the Cowboys defense slowed them down and sometimes stopped them outright.

The Cowboys allowed a full 62 points less in the regular season than the Vikings did (250-312), despite starting off slowly. The Cowboys defense has gotten better as the season as wore on, whereas the Minnesota defense has, seemingly, gotten worse.

The Vikings have more sacks than the Cowboys but only by 6 and both teams are known to get after the QB. However, Anthony Spencer started out slow and did not register his first sack until after midseason. Since then he has six sacks and is seemingly in the QBs face constantly. Demarcus Ware also leads the league in QB pressure, by a wide margin, and could also be in Favre's face constantly.

Offensively, both have excellent teams. Favre and Peterson are both amazing. Romo sits to pee has had (arguably) as good of a season has Favre. He has thrown for more yards but with less touchdowns and has one more interception. To be fair, however, three of Romo sits to pee's interceptions came in one game against the Giants early in the season. Since then he has been damn near flawless with the ball.

Minnesota has also played a weaker schedule than Dallas, with a combined win/loss record for the Vikings of 113/143 compared to Dallas at 125/131. Not a huge difference but the going is easier when you have the Lions on your schedule twice a year. :hysterical:

Finally, the Vikings went into the playoffs on a cold streak. Yes, I know they beat the Giants 44-7 but the Giants had given up, putting players on IR and they just wanted the season to be over. Dallas, by comparison, has entered on a hot streak. Closing out on a win streak against some tough opponents (excepting the 'Skins). Dallas fans know first hand what going in cold can mean to a team (witness the Cowboys 2007).

Now, all of this means nothing. It is the playoffs and it is a totally new season. You asked for reasons why the Cowboys can win and I gave a few but it means nothing. The game is going to be decided on the field and you can throw everything from the regular season out the window.

Do I think the Cowboys can win? Hell yeah, I do. They are playing with a fire and intensity the last 4 games that they have lacked in a long, long time. The defense is playing lights out, the offense is making few mistakes. That said, they will have to continue this if they hope to beat the Vikings. The Vikings are an excellent team, lead by an experienced QB and a great RB. The Cowboys are going to have to play their best ball to beat them. It is not a foregone conclusion either way.

Sorry for the temp interruption, but....:)

For people reporting "personal attacks" in this thread, here's what that means on ES: directly making insulting/harassing etc. comments about a specifically identified poster's life outside of ES (their personal life) and going beyond their posted content.

We allow all kinds of slams that don’t go too far, if they are tied directly to the content of the poster and connected to the conversation in play. But keep in mind that anytime some rude comment is made, you may be at risk in any number of ways, all of which are up to moderator judgment using all our rules as a guide.

Also remember that the mods here know what flies and what doesn't, and that if you think you know more than they do and go to "point something out" to them you better damn well be right (and you never are) or you can easily be getting your self a ticket to a temp ban just as rule 18 warns.

My advice: just post on the topics in each thread or any poster's actual content , and worry about your own business. Report any post you feel is a rule violation via the regular process. That way you may be ignored for not knowing what you're talking about, but you won't get into any trouble.

I love how all you puke fans think your actually going somewhere in the playoffs.

The pukes beat an OVERRATED, INJURED, UNBALANCED, MCNABB LED, Philly team, at HOME, against some of the worst play calling I have ever seen in my life. Andy Reids playcalling made Jim Zorn look like Bill Walsh on Saturday. Lets see if any of you donkeys are back next week after you have to play a REAL team with a running game on the road.

Im guessing there might be 2-3 of the regualar pukes fans back. The rest of you will be back under the bridge you came from.

So lets debate puke fans....Tell me why the pukes have a chance against the mighty Vikings and ill tell you why your crazy.

See the other team always sucks AFTER we throttle them. Please be honest... did you think we would destroy the eagles two weeks in a row and for a third time in a season with the playoffs on the line? ... against a coach who has never lost in the first round... with a coach/qb who hadn't won in the post season. Stop playin' yourself dog. The vikes are a cold and a flawd team right now. This is not to say that they can't beat us especially at home. .... just don't come back Monday making excuses as to why we won.

I hate the Cowboys. His "analysis" is horrible. Way off in many areas.

Im not gonna go over his whole post (because its ridiculous) but Shiancoe over Witten? come on man. Get with reality. Going by his own "analysis" and putting Shiancoe over Witten for that reasoning, then hed have to put Shiancoe over Cooley, Gates, Clark, etc... All because he has more TDs. I mean Witten broke 1000 yards receiving and was 9th in the league in receptions (94) which doubles Shiancoes total; and hes one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

But who am I kidding, Shiancoe was second amongst TEs in TDs this year, hes clearly the second best TE in the league, right behind Vernon Davis.

OP is just desperately hoping. Nothing that he says is factually based.

The Eagles were RED hot coming into Dallas in Week 17. They have as much talent as any roster in the league. They have had loads of experience and success in big games, other than the Superbowl. They're not overrated at all, they simply do not match up with Dallas AT ALL.

The Vikings pass offense also relies on the big play, like the Eagles. Difference is, McNabb is extremely tough to bring to the turf while Favre will be an absolute statue back there as the pass rush closes in. I don't see the Vikings being able to handle the Cowboys pass rush at all.

How about this......why dont you tell us Cowboy fans why we should not win this weekend.....

You talk about the Vikings having a running game? .....Dallas had more rushing yards this year then the Vikes.......Want to talk about QB's....OK Dallas had more passing yards then the Vikes....so you want to tell me why Dallas is going to lay down and rollover for the Vikes?

Why I think the Boys win going away this weekend...because Favre will play like the 40 year old QB he is this weekend, not some hot shot 26 year old.....I look for at least 3 ints from him......Dallas will win this game because of their D

The Cowboys are overrated and are riding a high due to poor officiating. They have been getting calls that would normally not be called. That pass interference call would have never been called in the regular season. Yes the Cowboys have a great running attack but the Vikings have a great run defense that will limit their effectiveness.

And if you want to talk about QB's that throw INT's when pressured you can also say that about Romo sits to pee. When his running game is gone and he is under pressure he throws errant passes just like Favre because he idolizes Favre. So it will be an iteresting game to say the least. The Cowboys finally got the monkey off their back by winning their first playoff game after 13 years so Favre is due to win his first playoff game against the Cowboys since this is the year of firsts.

The Cowboys are overrated and are riding a high due to poor officiating. They have been getting calls that would normally not be called. That pass interference call would have never been called in the regular season. Yes the Cowboys have a great running attack but the Vikings have a great run defense that will limit their effectiveness.

So it has come to this......your hate for the boys is so strong and you can not come up with a valid reply so now all you have left is to say "the Cowboys are only playing good because of the officials"?

Sorry I am not even going to lower myself to such a level to debate that statement.....but if that is what you want to believe, go with it.....

In my mind the big matchup is going to be the Dallas O line vs the Vikings D line.

As a Cowboys fan, I like the chances of LD, Gurode and Kosier over Williams and Williams.

And although I think Flozell is capable of handling Allen on a good day, the Hotel is too up and down to to have complete confidence in. But I'm not too worried because I'm sure Phillips, Bennett and TC/Barber will be chipping him all day anyway.

Bottom line is that if the Vikings front four can't get pressure on Romo sits to pee, nobody else on the Vikings D will. And it they can't pressure Romo sits to pee, the Boys win easily.

Cowboys 27 Vikings 14

And if you want to talk about QB's that throw INT's when pressured you can also say that about Romo sits to pee. When his running game is gone and he is under pressure he throws errant passes just like Favre because he idolizes Favre. So it will be an iteresting game to say the least. The Cowboys finally got the monkey off their back by winning their first playoff game after 13 years so Favre is due to win his first playoff game against the Cowboys since this is the year of firsts.

How was that not pass intereference? The DB ran into the receiver without playing the ball... thus affecting the WR's ability to catch the football.

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. Defensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is thrown until the ball is touched.

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(B) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

© Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference

What QB doesn't throw INT's when they are pressured?

Where did you hear this? I couldn't find anything on it. If its true, its a tremendous blow to the vikes D that nobody is talking about.

He is listed as questionable right now.

Vikings Injuries:

Injuries

Date Player Status

1/3/2010 J. Kennedy thumb (Doubtful)

1/3/2010 V. Shiancoe thigh (questionable)

1/3/2010 P. Williams elbow (questionable)

1/3/2010 E. Frampton ankle (Probable)

1/3/2010 S. Hutchinson shoulder (Probable)

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/teamstats.asp?team=16

Cowboys Injuries:

Injuries

Date Player Status

1/9/2010 P. Watkins knee (questionable)

1/9/2010 M. Barber knee (Probable)

1/9/2010 T. Choice concussion (Probable)

1/9/2010 M. Colombo ankle (Probable)

1/9/2010 T. Newman knee (Probable)

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/teamstats.asp?team=06

The Cowboys errr Pukes :) are playing much better football since the Saints game. These aren't the same pukes since November.

After they barely beat the lowly Chiefs and my Redskins :( I would have agreed with you, however this team has gelled at the right time, when it matters most.

I think all the talk about December and Choking Romo sits to pee lit a fire under their arses.

Look for a close game this weekend.

See the other team always sucks AFTER we throttle them. Please be honest... did you think we would destroy the eagles two weeks in a row and for a third time in a season with the playoffs on the line? ... against a coach who has never lost in the first round... with a coach/qb who hadn't won in the post season. Stop playin' yourself dog. The vikes are a cold and a flawd team right now. This is not to say that they can't beat us especially at home. .... just don't come back Monday making excuses as to why we won.

There was no doubt in my mind the pukes would beat an injured, overrated, philly team, at HOME the last game of the season and there was definetly no doubt they would win last weekend. Especially with Reids refusal to even try to run the ball. The Vikes are NOT a cold and flawed team. They lost to a division rival on the road in a primetime game (which they almost came back and won) and a Carolina team who was the hottest team in the entire NFL at the end of the season.

Plain and simple, the pukes MUST run the ball to win the game. The Vikes are a dominant run defense. Once they shut down Jones and Barber, Garrett will abandon the run then its up to Romo sits to pee, in the loudest dome in the NFL, against the BEST pass rush in the NFL this year. This is what will happen. Take it to the bank. Vikes win by 10.

And stop with all this nonsense about the Vikings playing Detroit twice. The pukes played the Washington Zornskins twice. If I remember correctly, the Lions beat the skins this year.

There was no doubt in my mind the pukes would beat an injured, overrated, philly team, at HOME the last game of the season and there was definetly no doubt they would win last weekend. Especially with Reids refusal to even try to run the ball. The Vikes are NOT a cold and flawed team. They lost to a division rival on the road in a primetime game (which they almost came back and won) and a Carolina team who was the hottest team in the entire NFL at the end of the season.

Plain and simple, the pukes MUST run the ball to win the game. The Vikes are a dominant run defense. Once they shut down Jones and Barber, Garrett will abandon the run then its up to Romo sits to pee, in the loudest dome in the NFL, against the BEST pass rush in the NFL this year. This is what will happen. Take it to the bank. Vikes win by 10.

And stop with all this nonsense about the Vikings playing Detroit twice. The pukes played the Washington Zornskins twice. If I remember correctly, the Lions beat the skins this year.

Bookmarked!

Archived