Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not so fast puke fans....

stoney26

Lol did u actully read the article or did u just see Dallas was num 1? They had carolina at what 4 or 5? That means nothing.

I actually read the article.

I'm not sure I understood all of it....:silly:

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the Cowboys at 2 and the Vikings at 14.

BTW, did you see their form letter?

The point is many poke fans are talking Super Bowl champs because they beat the eagles in a wild card game. As if it's a done deal. When you consider they own the eagles this year, and played them twice in 6 days at home both games.... not really a huge accomplishment.

Where are these fans? Can you point them out please? I can say jibberish and not back it up as well.

Where are these fans?

They beat the Eagles 3 times in a row. They beat the Eagles when they were hot on a 6 game win streak.

Like I said before, I wish I could play the stock market like you use facts - AFTER they occurred.

It's funny how they suck when Dallas beats them, eh?

it has nothing to do with winning the division or what the Redskins haven't done. Considering there previous big talk, only to see playoff failure (or miss the playoffs completely) maybe some should wait until they earn it, before boasting as if it's a done deal.

If saying that the run they are on is a big accomplishment - and you taking that as boasting - so be it.

It all sounds like a bunch of sour grapes to me though.

:hysterical:

I haven't seen one post here where anybody has said that the Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl, let alone winning it. Can you show me one?

Not all puke fans post on the ATN.

Many new puke fans I know, who were Packer fans last week, have already told me the pukes are going to the SB.

I love how all you puke fans think your actually going somewhere in the playoffs.

The pukes beat an OVERRATED, INJURED, UNBALANCED, MCNABB LED, Philly team, at HOME, against some of the worst play calling I have ever seen in my life. Andy Reids playcalling made Jim Zorn look like Bill Walsh on Saturday. Lets see if any of you donkeys are back next week after you have to play a REAL team with a running game on the road.

Im guessing there might be 2-3 of the regualar pukes fans back. The rest of you will be back under the bridge you came from.

So lets debate puke fans....Tell me why the pukes have a chance against the mighty Vikings and ill tell you why your crazy.

You, sir, are a dolt...

As much as I hate Dallas like any Skins fan I'm not going to talk out of my arse just because I don't like them. They are playing good football right now and the Defense is on top of their game right now, excellent D. I really don't see either team running away with it but it can certainly go either way. with that said, GO VIKINGS! lol

As much as I hate Dallas like any Skins fan I'm not going to talk out of my arse just because I don't like them. They are playing good football right now and the Defense is on top of their game right now, excellent D.

Yes...except they can't play the Eagles every weekend. Green Bay made them look pretty bad...so did SD.

And, everyone will look back at the puke team later today and say, "How did we ever think they were that good."

Well, everyone except a few of us here in the ATN.

Maybe I am a dolt. I had to google it to see what it meant. :rotflmao:

:D

I knew you'd take it with a laugh (and, not unsual for me, I was making a point about "how it works" around here for those who might catch it). :)

Per the only important thing today (as I just said on a private ES channel) here's to a (wishfully dismal) cowboy loss, the traditional disappearance of those cowboy fans who only show up here only after a win, and new reason for ATN to celebrate the annual crushing of cowboy hopes and hypes. That's as much fun as my other beloved tradition of Festivus. :D

Well, we'll just have to disagree on the Romo sits to pee assessment. Romo sits to pee does have the ability to lead us to victory without great success in the run game... if we give him time to throw.

The Vikings defense looked pretty suspect against the Panthers and Bears. If they play like that, then I like the Cowboys' chances.

On the flip side, the Cowboys have done pretty well at stopping the run (although we haven't faced an Adrian Peterson level of RB yet this season). And our pass defense has improved tremendously over the past several weeks.

It could definitely be a defensive ballgame with the team that makes the fewest mistakes being the winner.

Yes.

There's a list of things that could happen where we win the game without having much success in the run game.

Romo sits to pee and our passing offense could play great. Look what Matt Moore and Steve Smith did to them... look what Cutler and the Bears did to them.

Our defense could cause some real problems with their offense and force turnovers.

orly.gif

In case you haven't noticed, the Vikings OL has completely crumbled down the stretch. In weeks 13-16 (I'm not counting the Giants game because they played a team with nothing to play for that had completely mailed it in) the Vikings lost 3 out of 4 games. They allowed 12 sacks in those 4 losses, and Favre was hit and hurried many more additional times.

In contrast, the Cowboys gave up only 7 sacks over their final 4 games and went 3-1 in that stretch. This includes games against Shawn Merriman, Will Smith, Brian Orakpo, Andre Carter, Albert Hanyesworth, and the blitzing Eagles D that has always give the Cowboys fits. This was not against bad competition AT ALL. So clearly, the Cowboys OL is playing at a much higher level at this point than the Vikings OL is.

Now, let's compare the Vikings pash rush to the Cowboys pass rush in that same stretch.

In their last 4 actual games played (weeks 13-16), the Vikings compiled a measly 5 SACKS. Their pass rush has slowed down dramatically from where it was in the beginning of the year. There's no wonder why they went 1-3 in this stretch. Their OL gave up more than twice as many sacks than their defense compiled.

In the Cowboys' last 4 games, they compiled 13 sacks, nearly three times the amount. The Cowboys are clicking on all cylinders right now while the Vikings are playing easily their worst football of the season.

I don't know why you believe the Vikings are just going to flip a switch and become the team they were in September. Look at the 07 Cowboys and the 08 Giants. Both teams were red hot entering December. Both teams floundered in the last month. Both teams lost their divisional round game after having a bye week off. YOU CANNOT FLIP THE SWITCH BACK ON LIKE THAT.

I look for the Vikings to be one and done, just like the 07 Cowboys and the 08 Giants. Cowboys win 23-17.

:movefast:

Archived