Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not so fast puke fans....

stoney26

Look in the mirror, buddy. We were told that getting a bye while backing into the playoffs was just as good as winning a wild card game. Now you guys are thumping your chest because you actually won a playoff game. Which is it? pick a lane and stay in it.

Who said those things? Not me.

Who is thumping their chest? Not me and not any other Cowboys fan that I see on this forum.

I see Cowboys fans that are pleased with the progress we made this season but I don't see anyone acting like we just won the Super Bowl... not even close... that would make the ATN look MUCH different.

Who is thumping their chest? Not me and not any other Cowboys fan that I see on this forum.

I see Cowboys fans that are pleased with the progress we made this season but I don't see anyone acting like we just won the Super Bowl... not even close... that would make the ATN look MUCH different.

You guys are all yapping about progress. You can't claim progress after having had a 13-3 season with homefield locked up. Aint buying it. You got blown out of the water your last playoff game. Looked like you didn't even belong on the field with the Vikes. At least you were competitive against the Giants.

Progress since last year? Marginal.

Progress overall since Wade took over. Nope.

You guys are all yapping about progress. You can't claim progress after having had a 13-3 season with homefield locked up. Aint buying it. You got blown out of the water your last playoff game. Looked like you didn't even belong on the field with the Vikes. At least you were competitive against the Giants.

Progress since last year? Marginal.

Progress overall since Wade took over. Nope.

Wishful thinking, my friend. I mean, yes we're rivals, but why not look at it objectively?

Okay, you guys finally won a playoff game in 13 years. I guess that is some progress. But judging by those standards, the Raiders are more succesful because they went to the Bowl 8 years ago!! :rotflmao:

What? The Raiders have regressed for nearly a decade now with no signs of life. The Cowboys improved as a team and finally made some big steps. Nobody is saying they are SB champs, it's just a fact that they made some nice steps in 2009.

What? The Raiders have regressed for nearly a decade now with no signs of life. The Cowboys improved as a team and finally made some big steps. Nobody is saying they are SB champs, it's just a fact that they made some nice steps in 2009.

Hell your situation was probably better in 03 when you went 10-6 and made the playoffs with Tuna, and it looked like the Turds were on the upswing only for you to go 6-10 in 04, and 9-7 and no playoffs in 05 before rebounding to again make a wc appearance in 06. And that was with Tuna as your coach, not Stay Puft.

The bottom line is, Jerrah doesn't know what he's doing, you have a mediocre coach, Romo sits to pee is still a perennial choker in big games, and your team was horribly overrated this year. I bet the Turds don't even make the playoffs next year let alone win a div. round playoff game.

Hell your situation was probably better in 03 when you went 10-6 and made the playoffs with Tuna, and it looked like the Turds were on the upswing only for you to go 6-10 in 04, and 9-7 and no playoffs in 05 before rebounding to again make a wc appearance in 06. And that was with Tuna as your coach, not Stay Puft.

The bottom line is, Jerrah doesn't know what he's doing, you have a mediocre coach, Romo sits to pee is still a perennial choker in big games, and your team was horribly overrated this year. I bet the Turds don't even make the playoffs next year let alone win a div. round playoff game.

HAHAHA wow, I'm done with the thread. You've shown your lack of football knowledge if you think the 2003 Cowboys were better than the 2009 Cowboys. Wow...

HAHAHA wow, I'm done with the thread. You've shown your lack of football knowledge if you think the 2003 Cowboys were better than the 2009 Cowboys. Wow...

:ciao:

Keep putting words in my mouth, you're entertaining me. Where did I say the 2003 team was better than the 2009 one? Read this very carefully..... I said the team's situation was better in 2003 then it is now. You had just made the playoffs, Tuna was locked up for a while to mold the team his way, and Jerrah was staying out of the way.

HeHateMe even stated that he thought if Tuna had stayed that you would have been in the Super Bowl again by now. Are you going to tell me that you're glad you have Stay Puft as opposed to Tuna?

The 'Girls should have fired Wade. You'll never get to the Superbowl with him. Watch when things go bad he'll start to panic and he'll throw anyone under the bus if it means keeping his job. As a head coach i have no respect for that man. I still remember his two years coaching the Broncos.... oh, he was bad.

:ciao:

Keep putting words in my mouth, you're entertaining me. Where did I say the 2003 team was better than the 2009 one? Read this very carefully..... I said the team's situation was better in 2003 then it is now. You had just made the playoffs, Tuna was locked up for a while to mold the team his way, and Jerrah was staying out of the way.

HeHateMe even stated that he thought if Tuna had stayed that you would have been in the Super Bowl again by now. Are you going to tell me that you're glad you have Stay Puft as opposed to Tuna?

Parcells was a complete shell of his former self. He was a great personnel guy, but did not have the energy or fire left to be a head coach. He was not the Giants' Parcells by any stretch of the imagination.

And, yes, at this point I would rather have Wade. He's a defensive genius and it brings stability where Parcells was like Favre where you never knew if he was going to return.

This roster is better at basically every position than the 2003 team. This team won the division and a playoff game, nothing the 2003 team even came close to. This team won big games in December, something the 2003 team couldn't do. Every knew the 2003 team was an overachieving team that benefited from a semi-soft schedule.

It is absolutely ludicrous to even suggest the 2003 team was in a better situation.

The 'Girls should have fired Wade. You'll never get to the Superbowl with him. Watch when things go bad he'll start to panic and he'll throw anyone under the bus if it means keeping his job. As a head coach i have no respect for that man. I still remember his two years coaching the Broncos.... oh, he was bad.

Oh now its "never get to the superbowl" with Wade, last year it was the Boys will "never win a playoff game" with Wade.....wow it has to suck to get proven wrong so often.....Why dont you just say the Boys had a pretty good year and move on and lets all see what next year brings when it gets here

Always difficult to predict what will happen. Injuries play such a big part. Your lack of them contributed to puke record.

That said, no reason Romo sits to pee won't put up his usual numbers. Austin looks like the real deal and you have one of the best TE's in football.

Your defense should be just as good next year since I assume everyone is returning.

At least JJ has figured out your possible weakness in your Oline. They will be one year older and stayed healthy pretty much the season. It will be a long year if they can't protect Romo sits to pee. It would force the coordinator to get creative with his game plans which he doesn't appear he is good at. Any coordinator can run an offense when the Oline is protecting the QB and the receivers can get open downfield.

Always difficult to predict what will happen. Injuries play such a big part. Your lack of them contributed to puke record.

That said, no reason Romo sits to pee won't put up his usual numbers. Austin looks like the real deal and you have one of the best TE's in football.

Your defense should be just as good next year since I assume everyone is returning.

At least JJ has figured out your possible weakness in your Oline. They will be one year older and stayed healthy pretty much the season. It will be a long year if they can't protect Romo sits to pee. It would force the coordinator to get creative with his game plans which he doesn't appear he is good at. Any coordinator can run an offense when the Oline is protecting the QB and the receivers can get open downfield.

Fair assessment.

Discovering that Doug Free can play was huge for this team though. He is young and appears more than capable of replacing Flo. Drafting an additional lineman should definitely be in the gameplan for 2010 draft to help out the line.

Fair assessment.

Discovering that Doug Free can play was huge for this team though. He is young and appears more than capable of replacing Flo. Drafting an additional lineman should definitely be in the gameplan for 2010 draft to help out the line.

ummm, Doug Free is trash. You clearly missed the Vikings game...

The Cowboys situation only looks good when observed in a vacuum. They gained a HUGE advantage by being the healthiest team in the league. In contrast, the Redskins and Eagles were among the most injured teams. The Giants were middle of the road in terms of health and made the situation worse by hiring an incompetent, bumbling fool to take over for Spags at DC. Everything went the Cowboys way this season, and they still got embarassed in the divisional round. They're going to have a much, much tougher road in 2010. And they now have the worst head coach in the division.

Dallasnews.com:More at the link.

GAMES LOST BY STARTERS

Here is the injury chart for the 2009 NFL season, listing the number of games lost by starters due to injury, the number of starters who finished the season on reserve lists, the number of players who started all 16 games and the key injury. There are 16 possible starts at each of the 22 positions. So the maximum games lost at any one position is 16. For instance, New Orleans left offensive tackle Jammal Brown suffered a season-ending sports hernia in training camp. So that's 16 games off the top. He was replaced in the lineup by Jermon Bushrod, who missed the fourth game of the season with a sprained ankle. But that would not count in the team total because the 16 of Brown are already on the books at the position. To count Bushrod's would be double-counting at a single position. Division champs in CAPS; other playoff teams in bold:

Team  	        G/L 	IR 	16G 	Key injury          	G 
COWBOYS 	14 	0 	10 	RT Marc Colombo 	7 
MINNESOTA 	16 	1 	10 	CB Antoine Winfield 	6 
ARIZONA 	17 	1 	11 	TE Stephen Spach 	5 
Denver 	           17 	2 	8 	RT Ryan Harris    	8 
NY Jets 	           18 	1 	10 	DT Kris Jenkins    	10 
Kansas City 	23 	1 	4 	S Jerrad Page     	11 
Tennessee 	24 	3 	7 	OLB David Thornton 	5 
Baltimore 	26 	1 	10 	CB Fabian Washington 	6 
Tampa Bay 	28 	1 	8 	S Jermaine Phillips 	14 
NEW ENGLAND 	34 	0 	6 	LT Matt Light     	5 
San Francisco 	36 	1 	12 	CB Walt Harris     	16 
Green Bay 	40 	3 	10 	C Jason Spitz     	11 
Atlanta 	           46 	4 	10 	DT Peria Jerry    	14 
Miami 	           48 	5 	5 	QB Chad Pennington 	13 
Pittsburgh 	49 	2 	12 	DE Aaron Smith 	           11 
Chicago 	50 	4 	6 	MLB Brian Urlacher 	15 
NY Giants 	51 	4 	6 	S Kenny Phillips 	           14 
Houston 	52 	6 	10 	G Chester Pitts 	           14 
Oakland 	52 	2 	8 	WR Chaz Schilens 	11 
SAN DIEGO 	54 	2 	8 	NT Jamal Williams 	15 
Carolina 	56 	5 	7 	OLB Thomas Davis 	8 
Seattle 	           57 	2 	6 	LT Walter Jones   	16 
CINCINNATI 	59 	4 	7 	TE Reggie Kelly 	           16 
Cleveland 	60 	7 	5 	ILB D'Qwell Jackson 	10 
Washington 	61 	5 	9 	G Randy Thomas 	14 
Detroit 	           63 	5 	3 	RT Daniel Loper 	            8 
INDIANAPOLIS 	63 	3 	6 	WR Anthony Gonzalez 	15 
NEW ORLEANS 	67 	3 	7 	LT Jammal Brown 	16 
Philadelphia 	70 	3 	8 	MLB Stewart Bradley 	16 
Jacksonville 	71 	5 	8 	DE Reggie Hayward 	15 
St. Louis 	75 	6 	5 	DT Adam Carriker 	16 
Buffalo 	           103 	8 	6 	CB Leodis McKelvin 	13

Oh now its "never get to the superbowl" with Wade, last year it was the Boys will "never win a playoff game" with Wade.....wow it has to suck to get proven wrong so often.....Why dont you just say the Boys had a pretty good year and move on and lets all see what next year brings when it gets here

Ok he won a playoff game. "You guys RULE!":dallasuck

The bottom line is......your team was horribly overrated this year.

Jeff, in a good number of your posts, you talk about how much more Wade should have done with "all of the talent the Cowboys have." Here, you say "the Cowboys were horribly overrated."

Which is it? At least be consistent.

Really it comes down to this: The Cowboys exceeded most expectation of them this year. only 8 teams progressed as far as they did, and only 4 teams had flat out "better" seasons. They're a good team with most of their skill players and defense under 30, so they look like they should be contenders again next year. They do have problems on the offensive line where age has become an issue, they lack a sure replacement for Flozell Adams at LT and they are not a great pass blocking team, much of which is covered up by Romo sits to pee's pocket presence and elusiveness.

Really it comes down to this: The Cowboys exceeded most expectation of them this year. only 8 teams progressed as far as they did, and only 4 teams had flat out "better" seasons. They're a good team with most of their skill players and defense under 30, so they look like they should be contenders again next year. They do have problems on the offensive line where age has become an issue, they lack a sure replacement for Flozell Adams at LT and they are not a great pass blocking team, much of which is covered up by Romo sits to pee's pocket presence and elusiveness.

Going into the Playoffs EVERYONE was saying they were the best team. They were favored by a point at Minnesota. At the beginning of the year nobody was counting on the Cowboys because of the "Choke" Factor. Then they had everyone convinced only to choke.... again. Different year, same Cowboys.

Going into the Playoffs EVERYONE was saying they were the best team. They were favored by a point at Minnesota. At the beginning of the year nobody was counting on the Cowboys because of the "Choke" Factor. Then they had everyone convinced only to choke.... again. Different year, same Cowboys.

People were saying they were the hottest team, not the best. Against MN they were holding their own and moving the ball until Flozell went down, at which point it turned into an old fashioned beat down. A choke job implies losing to an inferior team, which isn't what happened.

ummm, Doug Free is trash. You clearly missed the Vikings game...

I guess you didn't tune in, unless you're thinking of Colombo. Colombo was absolutely beaten like a rented mule. Colombo put forth one of the worst performances I've ever seen from an OL. Free wasn't bad at all against the Vikings, all things considered.

I guess you didn't tune in, unless you're thinking of Colombo. Colombo was absolutely beaten like a rented mule. Colombo put forth one of the worst performances I've ever seen from an OL. Free wasn't bad at all against the Vikings, all things considered.

Definitely the worst performance Colombo has ever had for us.

He's usually a very good player for us.. a very consistent player... he just had one AWFUL day that day.

Slow out of his stance, didn't keep his feet moving as he engaged Ray Edwards, and wasn't quick enough in dropping back to force Edwards too deep to make a play.

People were saying they were the hottest team, not the best. Against MN they were holding their own and moving the ball until Flozell went down, at which point it turned into an old fashioned beat down. A choke job implies losing to an inferior team, which isn't what happened.

Inferior teams choke all the time. That's part of the reason they are inferior.

Dallas was favored going in to Minnesota. Thus Vegas and betters thought they were better. I listen to ESPN radio all morning and a lot of thoise guys and there guests were saying Dallas was the best team in the NFC, Like you said they were the hottest, but I guess that counts for something.

Archived