Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Outsiders QB Rankings

Farbod21

I think that the jury has announced the verdict. It ain't good.

I think one of the interviews I heard this week (maybe Jaws on 106.7) said it best

Parapharasing 'when he gets time to throw, which isn't often, but when he gets time to throw he is not making the plays you expect your starting QB to make.'

Hopefully shanny can get something out of him or trade him somewhere.

I think that the jury has announced the verdict. It ain't good.

I think one of the interviews I heard this week (maybe Jaws on 106.7) said it best

Parapharasing 'when he gets time to throw, which isn't often, but when he gets time to throw he is not making the plays you expect your starting QB to make.'

Hopefully shanny can get something out of him or trade him somewhere.

I think your right, Shanny will figure out Campbell real quick and deal with him accordingly.

Here comes the JC defense league in 3,2,1............

no matter how hard you want to make up stuff to bash Campbell, and post laughable FO convoluted formulas based on everything but actual stats

it doesn't matter, it will be up to Shanny & Son

so hate away :evilg:

It looks like he's hurt a lot by the sacks and the fumbles. Overall, tho, his DVOA is slightly under average, which isn't bad considering all the issues the offense has had.

Overall, it wasn't a great year for Campbell, but it wasn't a great year for any part of the offense, which only occasionally looked NFL caliber. I doubt many QBs would have done better under the situation last season.

Dont know if this has been posted. Campbell, even with many career highs, ranks very very low. 20th to be exact. For players that started every game, hes arguably the worst QB in the league according to this calculation...

I guess you think that because you didn't look far enough down the list to find the name "Cutler". Sanchez missed one game, which I guess spares him from this odd distinction (odd because it somehow exonerates all the QBs who were bad enough to be benched).

Your right. This year 23 QBs played in >60% of their teams plays. So he wasnt the worst. He was 20/23.

I also missed your word arguably as well.

I, like many here, are just a little sick of the Jason Campbell threads, seriously..yeah I know I could not come in the thread, or reply... but the dead horse has been flogged, resurrected and killed again, and buried. Thanks for the fresh take so haters can rejoice and homers can defend! kudos.

What really strikes me is the quality of QB in the league right now. This is a far gone time from 5+ years back when it seemed there was a large void...

Brady, Manning, Rivers, Brees, Farve, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Manning, Ryan, McNabb, Palmer, Shaub, I even hate to do it but Romo sits to pee...

There's a good batch of QB's playing now

What really strikes me is the quality of QB in the league right now. This is a far gone time from 5+ years back when it seemed there was a large void...

Brady, Manning, Rivers, Brees, Farve, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Manning, Ryan, McNabb, Palmer, Shaub, I even hate to do it but Romo sits to pee...

There's a good batch of QB's playing now

I don't think Ryan belongs on that list (though Warner does) but yes, we are at a real high point in QB quality right now.

Do you mean this SPECIFIC argument? Sides might change but the general arguments been going on since at least 40+ years.

This specific argument. It seems like it's gone on forever. I know the Sonny/Billy debate went on for a longer period of time, but this has gotten so ridiculous.

no matter how hard you want to make up stuff to bash Campbell, and post laughable FO convoluted formulas based on everything but actual stats

I agree. You can easily use wins or stats rather than FO's forumulas. I actually like some of their articles, until they start to delve into their crystal ball analysis.

Not even sort of, and neither does Palmer.

Palmer is a weird case. He wasn't great statistically this year, but has been in the past. However, his team is winning and he has a lot to do with that. I think the stats are kind of a fluke (every time I watched them, receivers were dropping a lot of balls), so I would put him up there, but understand why some wouldn't.

I doubt many QBs would have done better under the situation last season.

Every QB on the Redskins has performed better than Jason Campbell when they have played since Jason was drafted.

Your claim is based on nothing but your own hope for that to be the case. Nothing concrete supports that conclusion at all.

So since what we need is to fix our O Line the most the best thing that can happen is if we resign Campbell. He is the best choice we have. I think JC has handled this whole situation better than any player I have ever seen. JC has been a total stand up dude. Even when I went to SD for our last game of the season JC was by far the coolest guy to talk to. Some players wont even look your way but JC talked to you and did it in a way that didnt seem like he was in a hurry to get away from you. Would it be nice to have a Manning, Brady or Brees? Heck ya. But it is not needed to win a super bowl. I am also willing to be anyone that JC is our starting QB week 1 next season. So if you are a true Skins fan shouldnt you root for him to do good?

20th and worst in the league isn't exactly the same is it? We get it, Campbell isn't very good. next.

Well, most of us do. :D

Archived