Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My First Ever Redskins Draft Picks AKA The Mike Iupati Love Thread

Commander Adama

This is my first attempt ever at what I would like if the Redskins drafted. Please let me know what you guys think!

Trade with San Francisco their 1st Round Pick 13 and Pick 17 for Redskins Pick 4 plus 2011 Round 3.

Round 1 Pick 13: Rolando McClain LB or Ryan Mallett QB. Ryan Mallet could develop behind Jason Campbell for a year or 2, but Rolando McClain is a more "sure-thing" type pick.

Round 1 Pick 17: Bryan Bulaga OT. A very promising LT prospect that could fit in with Shanahan's Schemes.

Round 2: Mike Iupati OG. This is definitely my man-crush player. The man just throws defenders all over the place. At 6'6" he's a monster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFMZROcNZ8

Round 4: Montario Hardesty RB or Toby Gerhart RB. I would prefer Hardesty at this pick, because he seems to be an all-around type running back, but if he is off the board, Gerhart is the big linebacker-sized RB that could punish defenses.

Round 5: J.D. Walton C. Seems like he could be the hard-working, smart prospect for Center backup.

Round 6: Traye Simmons CB. Interesting Prospect.

Round 7: Brandon Brinkley CB. Interesting Prospect.

:helmet:

I like what you did there. I like the McClain pick, he is a stud and we could always use a starter on the defensive side of the ball (Rocky, London, and Rolando). However, Mallet I'm not so sure on, I'd rather have Clausen or Bradford honestly, but all that depends on the combine and what kind of scheme the coaches wanna run. I love that you have 3 lineman in your picks, I think a new center is def needed and we can for sure find a good one later in the draft. I love the OT and G picks. Two CB's in the later rounds is eh though, I'd say pick one CB and then a BPA type thing where we end up with maybe more O-line help or another LB/DT

Ryan Mallett does NOT fit a WCO by any means. As far as trading down, its a great idea and I like most of the players you chose to draft. Mallett would be my only concern.

Mallett is also supposed to announce today that he will be returning to school.

Link: http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_blog_post.asp?pID=5103

I've read some good stuff about Iupati, as well. I've even seen that he may go in the 1st round

No way we go linebacker in the 1st. Also everything I'm hearing has Baluga going way earlier than that. Possibly even before Okung. Iupati I know nothing about, but 6'6" is pretty tall for a guard. Any possibility he can play tackle?

No way we go linebacker in the 1st. Also everything I'm hearing has Baluga going way earlier than that. Possibly even before Okung. Iupati I know nothing about, but 6'6" is pretty tall for a guard. Any possibility he can play tackle?
It's very possible he could transition. If you look at his highlights you can see he is very mobile, plus very physical. In one highlight you can see he pulls and boxes in the defender to make a huge hole for the defender. You can also see where he just throws defenders down on the ground like they were ragdolls. Sorry, that's my man-crush kicking into gear :silly:

It's very possible he could transition. If you look at his highlights you can see he is very mobile, plus very physical. In one highlight you can see he pulls and boxes in the defender to make a huge hole for the defender. You can also see where he just throws defenders down on the ground like they were ragdolls. Sorry, that's my man-crush kicking into gear :silly:

Sounds like my kind of player. Thats what I like about Baluga, he is one nasty SOB on the field.

Iupati and Bulaga.....I'll be very excited if we could come out of the draft with them both. I'd have no problem trading some picks to move up to get them. Iupati has long arms and moves well for a large man, and he is a high character person. I watched both the Iowa and Idaho bowl games and both players looked very good (saw Iowa play several times this season).

Decent list!

I can't agree on Mallett in the first round, though. Way too high for that guy plus he might stay in college for another year.

Have a feeling the Skins draft picks are going to increase by the time April rolls around. :evil:

Thanks ill! I totally agree I can see us getting a lot more picks by the time of the draft, and to be honest, I am all for it. Would love to see us have a very young group of guys. The only older guy on the team that I think we definitely need to keep is London Fletcher. He is a high character guy who is quietly a huge leader on Defense. I can see Orakpo taking over the leadership duties as he progresses, but I see him being a lot more vocal.

This is my first attempt ever at what I would like if the Redskins drafted. Please let me know what you guys think!

Trade with San Francisco their 1st Round Pick 13 and Pick 17 for Redskins Pick 4 plus 2011 Round 3.

Round 1 Pick 13: Rolando McClain LB or Ryan Mallett QB. Ryan Mallet could develop behind Jason Campbell for a year or 2, but Rolando McClain is a more "sure-thing" type pick.

Round 1 Pick 17: Bryan Bulaga OT. A very promising LT prospect that could fit in with Shanahan's Schemes.

Round 2: Mike Iupati OG. This is definitely my man-crush player. The man just throws defenders all over the place. At 6'6" he's a monster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFMZROcNZ8

Round 4: Montario Hardesty RB or Toby Gerhart RB. I would prefer Hardesty at this pick, because he seems to be an all-around type running back, but if he is off the board, Gerhart is the big linebacker-sized RB that could punish defenses.

Round 5: J.D. Walton C. Seems like he could be the hard-working, smart prospect for Center backup.

Round 6: Traye Simmons CB. Interesting Prospect.

Round 7: Brandon Brinkley CB. Interesting Prospect.

:helmet:

:doh: Starting ROT is who? Heyer? lol.

Whos your starting center?

Mallet isn't going to be in the draft this year.

No thought about LDT, OLB, FS, or MLB in your draft either.

if we draft D before O i'll be sick.
What you are missing is we are getting 2 outstanding O-Linemen in the First and Second, though both are first round talent. And 3 O-Linemen altogether.
Iupati and Bulaga.....I'll be very excited if we could come out of the draft with them both. I'd have no problem trading some picks to move up to get them. Iupati has long arms and moves well for a large man, and he is a high character person. I watched both the Iowa and Idaho bowl games and both players looked very good (saw Iowa play several times this season).
Yeah I would love to be able to get both! I really like linemen who have a nasty streak.

:doh: Starting ROT is who? Heyer? lol.

Whos your starting center?

Mallet isn't going to be in the draft this year.

No thought about LDT, OLB, FS, or MLB in your draft either.

Well you can't draft ALL the holes we have in just 1 draft. That being said, last I checked Rolando McClain is the best ILB in the draft. And I can see us pursuing some of the holes in Free Agency such as RT, LB, and FS.

Well you can't draft ALL the holes we have in just 1 draft. That being said, last I checked Rolando McClain is the best ILB in the draft. And I can see us pursuing some of the holes in Free Agency such as RT, LB, and FS.

So wasting a 1st round pick on a backup to Fletcher is a good idea? MLB is really not a huge priority at this time, but still something that needs to be addressed.

Also you are forgetting that FA is extremely limited this year due to no CBA. Players that will be available will mostly be 28+ years old and/or at the end of their careers.

I don't like Mallet, and that may be early for a backer, which position do you figure McClain fits? And I think there are better running backs than Gerhardt and Hardesty
I think he could project to the starting Strong-Side Linebacker. Who do you think we could get in the fourth? Another thought I had was taking C.J. Spiller with the 13th Pick instead of McClain and Jason Worilds or Cameron Sheffield in the 4th Round.

So wasting a 1st round pick on a backup to Fletcher is a good idea? MLB is really not a huge priority at this time, but still something that needs to be addressed.

Also you are forgetting that FA is extremely limited this year due to no CBA. Players that will be available will mostly be 28+ years old and/or at the end of their careers.

Totally understand what you are saying but MLB will need to be addressed sometime. London is not getting any younger, and if he were to get injured...anyway, as I posted in another response, another thought I had was taking C.J. Spiller with the 13th Pick instead of McClain and Jason Worilds or Cameron Sheffield in the 4th Round.

I too really like Iupati. However, his stock is rising and he will not be there at 37. On most evals, he is the number one guard. If you want him, you better get him in the 1st round.

Bounce your #13 to Houston for their #20 and #51. Take Iupati at 20 - a reach but a lock.

This is a fantasy right?

:helmet:The Rook

Archived