Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My First Ever Redskins Draft Picks AKA The Mike Iupati Love Thread

Commander Adama

I too really like Iupati. However, his stock is rising and he will not be there at 37. On most evals, he is the number one guard. If you want him, you better get him in the 1st round.

Bounce your #13 to Houston for their #20 and #51. Take Iupati at 20 - a reach but a lock.

This is a fantasy right?

:helmet:The Rook

Haha definitely. I like that.

Totally understand what you are saying but MLB will need to be addressed sometime. London is not getting any younger, and if he were to get injured...anyway, as I posted in another response, another thought I had was taking C.J. Spiller with the 13th Pick instead of McClain and Jason Worilds or Cameron Sheffield in the 4th Round.

MLB should probably be the #2 concern in next years draft or FA class (hopefully with a CBA in place).

Nothing, especially MLB, which is behind QB in my book) should take priority to fixing the OL this year.

Haha definitely. I like that.

:D

But I do like Iupati a lot.

How about this:

San Fran 1st #13 1150, 2nd #49 410, 3rd #79 195. This is the right trade. Mike Singletary should be able to get a premier defensive guy (Suh, McCoy or Berry) and they still have the #17 pick.

Then dangle our 2nd #37 530 and their 3rd (total 725) for round 1 pick 25 through 27.

Bulaga/Trent Williams/Bruce Campbell and Iupatt and pick #49.

Just a thought.

:helmet:The Rook

Iupati would be a fantastic selection. Pairing him with Baluga would put together a nasty left side of the OL.

McLain wouldn't be that bad of a pick at all, provided that we had three picks in the first two rounds. Otherwise, we'll have to address the OL with both picks, or OL and another position.

SF would move up to get Okung, Suh or Berry. Some of you ppl take this draft talk WAY too serious. And to tell you the truth if the draft went down like Blue Collar Skin has it I actually would be totally happy. I hate having to draft certain positions. It handicaps your team. So take BPA most the time is good for me. BCS has up really fixin our O Line pretty good and "Oh why get a back up for Fletcher now". Hello Fletcher isnt 24 years old. Getting a stud to replace him is great. Not gonna fix everything in this one draft expecially when we dont have all our picks. Blue Collar Skin great job and it was a fun read. I always like to play the what if or who should we game :)

This is my first attempt ever at what I would like if the Redskins drafted. Please let me know what you guys think!

Trade with San Francisco their 1st Round Pick 13 and Pick 17 for Redskins Pick 4 plus 2011 Round 3.

Round 1 Pick 13: Rolando McClain LB or Ryan Mallett QB. Ryan Mallet could develop behind Jason Campbell for a year or 2, but Rolando McClain is a more "sure-thing" type pick.

Round 1 Pick 17: Bryan Bulaga OT. A very promising LT prospect that could fit in with Shanahan's Schemes.

Round 2: Mike Iupati OG. This is definitely my man-crush player. The man just throws defenders all over the place. At 6'6" he's a monster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFMZROcNZ8

Round 4: Montario Hardesty RB or Toby Gerhart RB. I would prefer Hardesty at this pick, because he seems to be an all-around type running back, but if he is off the board, Gerhart is the big linebacker-sized RB that could punish defenses.

Round 5: J.D. Walton C. Seems like he could be the hard-working, smart prospect for Center backup.

Round 6: Traye Simmons CB. Interesting Prospect.

Round 7: Brandon Brinkley CB. Interesting Prospect.

:helmet:

That's gotta be one of the worst highlight videos I've ever seen.

Good list and I'd love if that trade happened, but who is SF looking at at #4 to move up? Bradford? Clausen?
He could go for either QB since we know San Francisco does not have a definitive answer at QB or on the defensive side of the ball Suh or Berry.

How about this:

San Fran 1st #13 1150, 2nd #49 410, 3rd #79 195. This is the right trade. Mike Singletary should be able to get a premier defensive guy (Suh, McCoy or Berry) and they still have the #17 pick.

Then dangle our 2nd #37 530 and their 3rd (total 725) for round 1 pick 25 through 27.

Bulaga/Trent Williams/Bruce Campbell and Iupatt and pick #49.

Or with what I had earlier with the 13th and 17th.

Round 1 Pick 13: Bruce Campbell OT. Use him as the LT solution.

Trade the 17th down to around 25-27 and get a 3rd Rounder.

Round 1 Pick 25: Mike Iupati OG. Utilize Mike as the LG.

Round 2: Trent Williams OT. Keep Trent Williams as the RT.

Round 3: Matt Tennant C. Very good Center.

So the only position not picked up on the offensive line is RG which Derrick Dockery could be utilized at.

Round 4: Montario Hardesty RB

Round 5: Corey Peters DT

Round 6: Robert Vaughn FS

Round 7: Arthur Moats LB

I think he could project to the starting Strong-Side Linebacker. Who do you think we could get in the fourth? Another thought I had was taking C.J. Spiller with the 13th Pick instead of McClain and Jason Worilds or Cameron Sheffield in the 4th Round.

that is hard to project, I predict a large number of Junior backs coming out, and some of them are perhaps better. We just don't know who will be there in the 4th. that's one of the reasons I can't give you a particularly player :/

He could go for either QB since we know San Francisco does not have a definitive answer at QB or on the defensive side of the ball Suh or Berry.

Thanks. I was wondering if you heard anything about SF maybe moving up or targeting a particular player. Suh will be gone before 4 and Berry may be the logical choice.

Once again why san fran? Why not seatlle they have 2 1st rounders....

Also if either or trades with us and get there 2 1sts then

Anthony davis ot rutgers

Brian bulaga ot iowa

2nd round ifff he falls jump on him

Brian price dt ucla he's gonna be a beat in the nfl he was dominant if any have watched him!

We don't have a 3rd so people need to realize that

4th maybe hope matt tennant c from boston college is there

5th laragette blount rb oregon

Well that's enough ill be very happy with those!

Anthony davis ot rutgers

Brian bulaga ot iowa

Brian price dt ucla he's gonna be a beat in the nfl he was dominant if any have watched him!

I doubt San Fran would give up their two first rounders to move to #4. I'm positive that Seattle wouldn't. To move up two spots? No way.

Or with what I had earlier with the 13th and 17th.

Round 1 Pick 13: Bruce Campbell OT. Use him as the LT solution.

Trade the 17th down to around 25-27 and get a 3rd Rounder.

Round 1 Pick 25: Mike Iupati OG. Utilize Mike as the LG.

Round 2: Trent Williams OT. Keep Trent Williams as the RT.

Round 3: Matt Tennant C. Very good Center.

So the only position not picked up on the offensive line is RG which Derrick Dockery could be utilized at.

Round 4: Montario Hardesty RB

Round 5: Corey Peters DT

Round 6: Robert Vaughn FS

Round 7: Arthur Moats LB

This is a scenario I would love. Get San frans 2 1sts and use the first on a OT. The best one available.

I love Iupati after what i saw in the bowl game. he is just a beast. Then get Trent Williams hopefully in the second even though a team might reach to get him like Houston did with Duane Brown a couple years back.

I like what you did after that with C and especially Hardesty, love that kid.

Man i wish Bruce and Shanny read this plan

This is my first attempt ever at what I would like if the Redskins drafted. Please let me know what you guys think!

Trade with San Francisco their 1st Round Pick 13 and Pick 17 for Redskins Pick 4 plus 2011 Round 3.

Round 1 Pick 13: Rolando McClain LB or Ryan Mallett QB. Ryan Mallet could develop behind Jason Campbell for a year or 2, but Rolando McClain is a more "sure-thing" type pick.

Round 1 Pick 17: Bryan Bulaga OT. A very promising LT prospect that could fit in with Shanahan's Schemes.

Round 2: Mike Iupati OG. This is definitely my man-crush player. The man just throws defenders all over the place. At 6'6" he's a monster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhFMZROcNZ8

Round 4: Montario Hardesty RB or Toby Gerhart RB. I would prefer Hardesty at this pick, because he seems to be an all-around type running back, but if he is off the board, Gerhart is the big linebacker-sized RB that could punish defenses.

Round 5: J.D. Walton C. Seems like he could be the hard-working, smart prospect for Center backup.

Round 6: Traye Simmons CB. Interesting Prospect.

Round 7: Brandon Brinkley CB. Interesting Prospect.

:helmet:

Bulaga could be gone there, I dont know that Iupati OR where hes being ranked.

Gerhart will be gone well before 4th round

JD, I like also, but gone a round earlier

Dont know your 6th/7th rounders

MY DRAFT

Trade Cooley (Davis stepped up and dont need 2 TEs and I dont like that CC cant block a lick (is 1 of my favs though), Landry (he sucks w/out Sean back there), Moss and Kelly (hasnt progressed into anything and Thomas has more upside/potential) to MIAMI who needs OFFENSE at the receiving dept for their 1st (#12) and second (#44).

That gives us #4, #12, #36, #44

#4- B.Baluga (OT Iowa) If he declares could be a top 10 pick

#12- TRADE down (SF) to #17 and Joe Staley (OT)

#17- M.Rolle (S Florida St) Declared and had a year off w/ Rhodes scholarship. Year before was an ANIMAL. SMART and would be the leader in the secondary, replaces Landry. 6'2" 218. Not graded THIS high but I dont care

#36- J.Shipley (WR Texas) I think one of top 3 in class. Runs great routes and is an AWESOME return guy

#44- T.Gerhart (RB Stanford) Dude is a BEAST, others will clock faster but if you have great OTs that can seal the corner ANYONE can get a corner. AGILE, hurdles guys that go low (and most do) WILL GET THE HARD YARDS and the ENDZONE. Will wear down defenses.

4th RD- JD Walton (C Baylor)

5th RD- Tony Moeaki (TE Iowa)

6th RD-AJ Edds (OLB Iowa)

7th RD- WHOEVER

I promise Im not a Hawkeye fan, but have seen that TE make plays all year. Edds is a good coverage LB w/ a pick in the bowl game. I would even say to wait on a QB and get Ricky Stanzi. That team is WELL coached and puts alot of players in the NFL, their offense is a pro-style

Anthony davis ot rutgers

Brian bulaga ot iowa

San Francisco since they would get the biggest jump and is actually more realistic.
This is a scenario I would love. Get San frans 2 1sts and use the first on a OT. The best one available.

I love Iupati after what i saw in the bowl game. he is just a beast. Then get Trent Williams hopefully in the second even though a team might reach to get him like Houston did with Duane Brown a couple years back.

I like what you did after that with C and especially Hardesty, love that kid.

Man i wish Bruce and Shanny read this plan

Thanks SkinsAllDay34!
Okung with the 4th pick

Iupati with the 2nd rd pick

As long as we got a starting LT and Iupati I am definitely all for it. Iupati even though is a mauler, is very mobile and could fit in Shanahan's schemes.
Bulaga could be gone there, I dont know that Iupati OR where hes being ranked.

Gerhart will be gone well before 4th round

JD, I like also, but gone a round earlier

Dont know your 6th/7th rounders

MY DRAFT

Trade Cooley (Davis stepped up and dont need 2 TEs and I dont like that CC cant block a lick (is 1 of my favs though), Landry (he sucks w/out Sean back there), Moss and Kelly (hasnt progressed into anything and Thomas has more upside/potential) to MIAMI who needs OFFENSE at the receiving dept for their 1st (#12) and second (#44).

That gives us #4, #12, #36, #44

#4- B.Baluga (OT Iowa) If he declares could be a top 10 pick

#12- TRADE down (SF) to #17 and Joe Staley (OT)

#17- M.Rolle (S Florida St) Declared and had a year off w/ Rhodes scholarship. Year before was an ANIMAL. SMART and would be the leader in the secondary, replaces Landry. 6'2" 218. Not graded THIS high but I dont care

#36- J.Shipley (WR Texas) I think one of top 3 in class. Runs great routes and is an AWESOME return guy

#44- T.Gerhart (RB Stanford) Dude is a BEAST, others will clock faster but if you have great OTs that can seal the corner ANYONE can get a corner. AGILE, hurdles guys that go low (and most do) WILL GET THE HARD YARDS and the ENDZONE. Will wear down defenses.

4th RD- JD Walton (C Baylor)

5th RD- Tony Moeaki (TE Iowa)

6th RD-AJ Edds (OLB Iowa)

7th RD- WHOEVER

I promise Im not a Hawkeye fan, but have seen that TE make plays all year. Edds is a good coverage LB w/ a pick in the bowl game. I would even say to wait on a QB and get Ricky Stanzi. That team is WELL coached and puts alot of players in the NFL, their offense is a pro-style

Very nice flock!

Archived