Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Broncos free agents that Shenanigan might want

cpsmstrm

It's not a deep pool this year, but here are some of the guys that I know of off.

Kristofer O'Dowd, USC late 1st-2nd

Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State late 1st-2nd

Matt Tennant, Boston College late 2nd-3rd.

Eric Olsen, Notre Dame 3rd-4th round.

John Estes, Hawaii 5th-6th round.

Nice, thanks.

I think we absolutely need to draft a center this year. We can use that young guy from last year as the backup if need be.

I think Rabach is done.

I'm 100% sure you can cross Scheffler off that list. We have no use for him here. We have Cooley and Davis already. Mike Bell would be interesting. He's looked pretty good for the Saints this year. Of course we'd love some OL.

Just so we're clear, Vinny Cerrato would have drafted a TE this april with the 2nd pick.

:doh: Did you put any thought into this?

Scheffler? Why would we need 3 TE's

Dumervil? You realize the tender for him is going to be a 1st and a 3rd?

Prater? We have Hunter Smith

Why the need for the palm face icon? The guy was merely posting the FA's.

What Matt Prater has to do with Hunter Smith aswell I'll never know. Here we go: :doh:

I think there are a lot of different possibilities about FA pick ups and our own players this offseason. For every player, there is also a scenario to consider, which could really start to spin some minds if we all tried to look at all the options and scenarios and how thing may or may not shake up.

I am trying to sit back and let this all unfold. MS hasn't even been HC for more than a day yet. He still has so much work to do that it is almost futile for us to beat our brains up trying to figure out what may or may not happen.

I'm just excited that the team is moving in new direction, and I'm going to let all the speculation go to the side for at least a week. So, everyone just try to enjoy the moment that is the beginning of a new decade and a new era in the history of our beloved franchise. HTTR.

ShanWow didn't know how to use Dumervil when he drafted him...but he definitely had a mancrush on him.

Disagree. Shanahan was playing him in the best way possible in the 4-3 scheme, and I think in a MNF game earlier this year, the commentators pointed out that Dumervil slightly edged Mario Williams in terms of sacks gained since they were both drafted in 2006.

It just so happens that the 3-4 defense is where Dumervil belonged, and he was fortunate to have McDaniel bring that system in.

He's posting RFA's that would cost us draft picks for positions that are not of need.

Savvy?

Probably not...

I'm perfectly aware that they'll cost us draft picks, thanks for the great insight by the way, but he posted ALL of the Broncos free agents.

The FA part in RFA represents Free Agent.

Also a kicker and a punter are different things.

Savvy?

As was posted in this thread : http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=314665

Ben Hamilton, Denver Broncos will be a 33 year old UFA next year, but is no longer a starter.

Kuper is an RFA

Hochstein will be a UFA but is 32 years old.

Kuper may be the smartest of the bunch that you posted but collecting Denvers 30+ year old OL isn't the way to fix the OL unless your name is Cerrato... :chair:

Prater is a K, Hunter Smith is a punter. As an aside, besides the trick plays, Hunter Smith sucks. Just sayin.

Exactly what I was thinking when reading this. We need to see what they are tendered (if at all) and work from there.

AGreed....

Do some research before posting which guys are FAs.... Unrestricted or restricted... depends on if it's a capped year...

don't just jump into making a thread blindly...

These are the broncos that will become free agents. It's very common for head coaches to select players they're familiar with. With that said, here they are:

RB Mike Bell (is a Saint but was with Shanahan) - YESS

WR Brandon Marshall (I read somewhere that Shanahan couldn't stand him) - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TE Tony Scheffler - NOO

G Ben Hamilton - YESSSSSSS

G Chris Kuper - No idea

G Ross Huchstein - No idea

LB Elvis Dumervil - YESSSSSSS

MLB Nick Griesen - NOO

K Matt Prater - YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Who do you think we'll grab?

I think it's strongly possible we pick up Mike Bell, Ben Hamilton, Chris Kuper, and Elvis Dumervil.

That's what I want anyway.

As was posted in this thread : http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=314665

Ben Hamilton, Denver Broncos will be a 33 year old UFA next year, but is no longer a starter.

Kuper is an RFA

Hochstein will be a UFA but is 32 years old.

Kuper may be the smartest of the bunch that you posted but collecting Denvers 30+ year old OL isn't the way to fix the OL unless your name is Cerrato... :chair:

He just put the FA's that Shanahan has worked with.

Archived