Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Broncos free agents that Shenanigan might want

cpsmstrm

These are the broncos that will become free agents. It's very common for head coaches to select players they're familiar with. With that said, here they are:

RB Mike Bell (is a Saint but was with Shanahan)

WR Brandon Marshall (I read somewhere that Shanahan couldn't stand him)

TE Tony Scheffler

G Ben Hamilton

G Chris Kuper

G Ross Huchstein

LB Elvis Dumervil

MLB Nick Griesen

K Matt Prater

Who do you think we'll grab?

I think it's strongly possible we pick up Mike Bell, Ben Hamilton, Chris Kuper, and Elvis Dumervil.

These are the broncos that will become free agents. It's very common for head coaches to select players they're familiar with. With that said, here they are:

TE Tony Scheffler

G Ben Hamilton

G Chris Kuper

G Ross Huchstein

LB Elvis Dumervil

MLB Nick Griesen

K Matt Prater

I think it's strongly possible we pick up Mike Bell, Ben Hamilton, Chris Kuper, and Elvis Dumervil.

Assuming we have an uncapped year, all will be RFAs, I believe. Therefore it won't be as easy to pull guys off of other teams.

Especially studs like Dumervil. No way Denver lets him go.

Assuming we have an uncapped year, all will be RFAs, I believe. Therefore it won't be as easy to pull guys off of other teams.

ShanWow didn't know how to use Dumervil when he drafted him...but he definitely had a mancrush on him.

Exactly what I was thinking when reading this. We need to see what they are tendered (if at all) and work from there.

TE Tony Scheffler

G Ben Hamilton

G Chris Kuper

G Ross Huchstein

LB Elvis Dumervil

MLB Nick Griesen

K Matt Prater

Bell - RFA

Marshall - many reasons to say no

scheffler - we don't need a TE

Hamilton - will most likely be brought in at a min contract

Kuper - RFA

Hochstein - never player for Shanny

Dumervil - RFA

Greisen - never played for Shanny

Prater - RFA

The only player we will get is likely Hamilton for OL depth.

TE Tony Scheffler

G Ben Hamilton

G Chris Kuper

G Ross Huchstein

LB Elvis Dumervil

MLB Nick Griesen

K Matt Prater

:doh: Did you put any thought into this?

Scheffler? Why would we need 3 TE's

Dumervil? You realize the tender for him is going to be a 1st and a 3rd?

Prater? We have Hunter Smith

As was posted in this thread : http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=314665

Ben Hamilton, Denver Broncos will be a 33 year old UFA next year, but is no longer a starter.

Kuper is an RFA

Hochstein will be a UFA but is 32 years old.

Kuper may be the smartest of the bunch that you posted but collecting Denvers 30+ year old OL isn't the way to fix the OL unless your name is Cerrato... :chair:

Exactly what I was thinking when reading this. We need to see what they are tendered (if at all) and work from there.

I don't want us trading draft picks for anyone this year.

We need them for picking up young talent. We will have to give too much to any RFA that gets tendered at any level.

I don't want us trading draft picks for anyone this year.

We need them for picking up young talent. We will have to give too much to any RFA that gets tendered at any level.

Exactly. Teams aren't going to tender low because they know that FA will suck this year and the only OL that will be out there will be majorly 30+ years old and no longer starting material.

... collecting Denvers 30+ year old OL isn't the way to fix the OL unless your name is Cerrato... :chair:

Actually, I wouldn't mind adding one of these OL - ONLY because we have depth needs on the OL as it stands. I wouldn't expect any of these guys to be starters.

I certainly wouldn't give any draft pick up for them either.

Actually, I wouldn't mind adding one of these OL - ONLY because we have depth needs on the OL as it stands. I wouldn't expect any of these guys to be starters.

I certainly wouldn't give any draft pick up for them either.

Depth isn't fixing per se. ;) If some of those guys want to come to Washington and be backups/mentors to some of the younger players we need to draft, I'd be all for it.

Depth isn't fixing per se. ;) If some of those guys want to come to Washington and be backups/mentors to some of the younger players we need to draft, I'd be all for it.

Hamilton will be here. You can bank on it. He can play RG for us if needed and he certainly knows Shanny's offense. It will be like having two centers on the field.

He could be a back up but with him, we only need one starter (LT). The rest (heyer, ewilliams) are decent backups.

Hamilton will be here. You can bank on it. He can play RG for us if needed and he certainly knows Shanny's offense. It will be like having two centers on the field.

He could be a back up but with him, we only need one starter (LT). The rest (heyer, ewilliams) are decent backups.

Right now the only returning starter is Dockery. So if Hamilton comes here that means both Guard spots are taken care of.

Leaving LOT, ROT and Center.

Right now the only returning starter is Dockery. So if Hamilton comes here that means both Guard spots are taken care of.

Leaving LOT, ROT and Center.

No one has talked about centers we could draft in April.

Who are the prospects?

Where are they expected to be taken (which rounds)?

No one has talked about centers we could draft in April.

Who are the prospects?

Where are they expected to be taken (which rounds)?

It's not a deep pool this year, but here are some of the guys that I know of off.

Kristofer O'Dowd, USC late 1st-2nd

Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State late 1st-2nd

Matt Tennant, Boston College late 2nd-3rd.

Eric Olsen, Notre Dame 3rd-4th round.

John Estes, Hawaii 5th-6th round.

Archived