Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Other Season Ticket Holders Not Renewing?

Timmy_Smith

Tickets can be bought in the parking lot for less than $20, even when the team is doing relatively well. I canceled my tickets a few years ago and consider it one of the better financial decisions I've made lately. Now, if I can just unload this Enron stock...

That was not the case in '99 when the stadium was smaller.

Yeah...I remember getting tickets to that game for $40. They were on the 50 yard line, lower level, 10th row on the Skins side. I remember looking up into the owners box and seeing Danny reveling in the sheer adoration he was receiving from thousands of fans as the Redskins were dominating a home playoff game.

My, what a difference a decade makes.

One day when the Skins make the playoffs it won't be that easy to get tickets. Those home play off games will make it all worth it.
That was not the case in '99 when the stadium was smaller.

Exactly.

The truth is, it was easy to get tickets for that Detroit game, and it'll be even easier if we're ever lucky enough to host another one some day.

This was my first year not renewing tickets, not buying merchandise, and not shopping at Redskins sponsors stores. Honestly, its been great! I bought a 50 inch big screen, a PS3, and a new L shaped sectional couch, with the money I would have spent on my season tickets. I have enjoyed the hell out of my TV and PS3 and have received compliments on my couch... some of which came while watching the Skins lose.

It just isn't worth it right now. Snyder has his hands too deep in my team for me to let him put his hands deep into my pocket. When his attitude and personality change... and there is proof of this, not just what people say, then I will rethink my stance on spending money on this team. Its liberating knowing I am part of his profit loss, and there has been one. I am part of what is getting Snyders attention. If we drafft a QB, I will know that Snyder still has his hands all over my team and I will not support moves like that with my hard earned money. I still love the redskins, but I will not contribute to Snyders profits while he is destroying a franchise that I have been passionate about since my childhood.

The good thing about this mythical waiting list is that the games will never be blacked out... the tickets are sold, no need to black out any games... I can watch them all from my 50 inch big screen silly.

The good thing about this mythical waiting list is that the games will never be blacked out

Bingo! That's all part of the marketing strategy.

the tickets are sold, no need to black out any games.

Even if the tickets aren't all sold, we'll never have blackouts.

Single game tix have been advertised for years, yet we've never heard the slightest mutter of a blackout threat.

well stubhub has just as good of deals.

they just only stay up there for about 15 seconds.

so to get those deals you have to be quick. i couldn't type in my credit card number fast enough for one game to get some extra tickets. the cheap ones kept going. guess i should have 'filed' my card with my stubhub account :(

Is it a waste of money? Yes

Is it more sensible to buy a game-by-game basis? Yes

Is it ridiculous that I still support Snyder with $$? Yes

Has the team stunk up the joint for awhile? Yes

Could I spend my money on more important and sensible things? Yes

Will I renew my tickets just because? Unfortunately, yes

Is it a waste of money? Yes

Is it more sensible to buy a game-by-game basis? Yes

Is it ridiculous that I still support Snyder with $$? Yes

Has the team stunk up the joint for awhile? Yes

Could I spend my money on more important and sensible things? Yes

Will I renew my tickets just because? Unfortunately, yes

Inertia: Making the world go round for 4.5 billion years.

IMO, the prices on stubby are higher than eBay. If your primary goal is to save money, buy on eBay or craigslist. If your primary goal is to score great seats, use stubhub, because stubhub primarily hosts tickets held by brokers, and brokers covet the best seats in the house.

The one exception to this rule for me was the Chiefs game this year.

I waited till Saturday to buy on SH. Granted, this was the height of the paper bag era in 2009 and the weather forecast was horrid for the winless Chiefs.

I got a pair in section 222, row 11 for $160 total including SH fees.

I was under cover from the rain and high up in the lower level at midfield. Among the best seats in the house IMO.

I picked up these actual cardboard tix at the SH window at FedEx. I'm quite sure the tix came from the TO and were never in the hands of brokers, STHs, or corporate comps, etc.

I was quite thankful for the Redskins partnership w/ SH that day.

Otherwise, hustler's row in the lots or Craigslist (local pickup only) a day or two before the game is my best bet for great seats and prices.

It's an investment like anything else. If the Redskins are not very good, then the season tickets end up being a losing investment. If they do well, those late season games will fetch a premium on StubHub. I started a 3 year club seat contract last year because of a "half price" sale. I was a sucker and now I have to stick it out. But with an admission of guilt by Snyder and solid football people in place, there might be real reason for hope. The problem is even Joe Gibbs struggled to squeeze success out of this franchise, so most of us have become jaded. Because it seemed like Snyder had played his ultimate trump card and had little to show for it.

IMO, the prices on stubby are higher than eBay. If your primary goal is to save money, buy on eBay or craigslist. If your primary goal is to score great seats, use stubhub, because stubhub primarily hosts tickets held by brokers, and brokers covet the best seats in the house.

That's definitely the case. As a frequent reseller on both (skins and caps). Auctions on ebay always end lower than what I get on Stubhub. Of course as a seller, stubhub also charges more commission than eBay, but its a much more streamlined transaction.

If I was smart, I'd go your route (buying on the secondary market) since I usually just go to the pre-season and sell most of the others.

You've got to be kidding me. There have been ads on this site for the past four months BEGGING people to buy tickets at LESS than face, and those ads have been IGNORED.

You know what? You will not buy Timmy_Smith's season tickets. If he offered them to you at his cost, you would hem and haw - and then you'd come up with some reason why you can't do it. You are all talk and no action.

Don't feel bad. There are hundreds - even thousands of people just like you. Everybody wants to buy until it's time to come up with the money.

I will sell my 2010 tickets at cost to BlueCollar or any other Skins fan that wants them :)

I'm out too. Tired of all the lies from the ticket office. They keep telling me I'll get an upgrade each year, then tell me to buzz off after they get my money. Not falling for that again. To add insult to injury they then have the nerve to call me at the start of the season asking if I want to add more seats (after I had just downgraded from 4 to 2) in which case they could move me down and over. Shameless how they have better seats for new ticket holders but not for people who have bought seasons for years. I'm still bitter. Too bad I didn't answer the call (unknown caller) when a ticket rep called me a few weeks back and left a message asking how the season was going for me. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

MTH, do you have a record of where you sat and how much you paid for this year's games? I think a lot of people would be surprised.
I didn't keep a record.

I paid between $70 and $109 for seven games. Always sat in the 200s between the 10 yard line and the 40 yard line, rows 3-8.

The Cowboys game I sat in 225 row 7, paid $160 each ticket. I probably overpaid a little for those.

Well, I definitely did. The game sucked. :silly:

It's an investment like anything else. If the Redskins are not very good, then the season tickets end up being a losing investment. If they do well, those late season games will fetch a premium on StubHub. ...
It still depends on the timing. If the team is doing well and you sell early, you can do okay. If the team is doing well and you sell late, you will not do very well.

As a buyer, you always want to buy the week before. If you do that, you will buy great seats at or below face, regardless of how well the team is playing. It's called "market timing" and it works.

Do a tag search: redskins tickets

to learn more.

One day when the Skins make the playoffs it won't be that easy to get tickets. Those home play off games will make it all worth it.

The next time we make the playoffs, you can be sure that Danny will raise ticket prices again. The will continue the present imbalance of STs being priced higher than what the general market will pay. MTH's theorem on ticket acquistion will still be an effective way to purchase tickets at below face value prices.

I have suffered long enough, it's just not worth it anymore and with no chance of decent play for awhile I'm pulling the plug on attending any games next season, my brother-in-law wants to go so I'll sell them to him for full price just to keep them. If it wasn't for him I'd have let them go.

Archived