Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Other Season Ticket Holders Not Renewing?

Timmy_Smith

No way I will renew. We have been and will continue to be treated as only a $ sign as long as we pay. When he (Snyder) decided to sue fans and make money on the better seats through brokers, he showed his true feelings to the fans of DC. He only deserves to lose money.......that is all that will change him, and hopefully, will have him look at selling.

My family is up in the air right now after downsizing each of the last few years, dropped five club seats after '06 (notably still empty every time we look over at them) and two of seven upper decks last year. The way things are right now, we are thinking stub hub is a much cheaper way to go.

I'm struggling with this decision. I have 4 seats plus green parking. I was moved from upper bowl to lower bowl this past year and the seats were great but the product was not. Since they cost nearly $5000, I will probably wait until the very last minute before I decide. Until the dismissal of Cerrato I was a definite no.

Can I buy your tickets? :D

You've got to be kidding me. There have been ads on this site for the past four months BEGGING people to buy tickets at LESS than face, and those ads have been IGNORED.

You know what? You will not buy Timmy_Smith's season tickets. If he offered them to you at his cost, you would hem and haw - and then you'd come up with some reason why you can't do it. You are all talk and no action.

Don't feel bad. There are hundreds - even thousands of people just like you. Everybody wants to buy until it's time to come up with the money.

I will also be giving up my season tickets this year. I just can't afford the investment given the poor return on that investment that I would receive. This past season, I paid my invoice on time in hopes that I might receive a seating upgrade. I understood that there were no guarentees, but with the high turnover in ticket holders that I expected I was hopeful that I could move a few rows down within my section. After being told by the ticket office repeatedly that I would be notified if an upgrade were possible, I watched new ticket holders, people that had paid their invoices late, and individuals with 3 seats get seated in rows below mine. It appears that paying my invoice on time and only having 2 seats worked against me, even though we were told that you had to pay on time to be eligible for an upgrade.

Over the summer we learned that they had eliminated the cash parking lots, and when I called the ticket office to inquire about getting into the new grey lot I was told that I was not eligible since I only had two seats. I was going to have to fend for myself to find alternative parking (and probably a long walk to the stadium). With my busy work schedule and a commute to the stadium that is nearly 2 hours each way, I decided not to attend any games this past season...it simply was no longer worth the time or hassle. Unfortunately, with the team being so bad the aftermarket for tickets was horrendous and I took a huge loss on the season (in 6 previous years, I had little problem getting face value for any of the games that I was unable to attend).

Last year, season ticket holders were flat out lied to by the ticket office on numerous occassions about many things. Is this treatment worth my investment of $1500 a year in this economy? Paying the invoice did not make me any more eligible for an upgrade, it simply eliminated any leverage that I might have had later in the spring when they were desperately trying to fill seats. Being a season ticket holder has absolutely no benefit with this team and is a bad financial investment given the difficulty in reselling seats to games that you cannot attend. Next season, I will simply select a handful of games that I want to attend and find better seats for a cheaper price on eBay, Stubhub, or Craig's List. I'll let some other sucker purchase the seats that I have had had for the past several years.

You've got to be kidding me. There have been ads on this site for the past four months BEGGING people to buy tickets at LESS than face, and those ads have been IGNORED.

You know what? You will not buy Timmy_Smith's season tickets. If he offered them to you at his cost, you would hem and haw - and then you'd come up with some reason why you can't do it. You are all talk and no action.

Don't feel bad. There are hundreds - even thousands of people just like you. Everybody wants to buy until it's time to come up with the money.

You are exactly correct! It's all talk.

Matt

im keeping mine, opposing fans will pay top dollar....:silly:

very true! between opposing fans and brokers, I can make some good money on the rivalry games.:evilg:

I am debating getting rid of mine. If they had payment plans or the invoice wasn't due 7 months before the season began, I'd be more inclined to renw, but that is a big chunk of cash to put out in advance.

I am undecided, leaning towards giving them up. I have had season tickets since Fed Ex field opened, but the losing and the hassle is really taking a toll on me. I actually feel kind of insulted that I had to pay for 2 years of Jim Zorn as head coach, the guy should never of been hired. I have a feeling there will be a lot of unsold season tickets next year, it will be interesting.

That may be true, but I always attend at least 1 to 2 games with my wife. Considering I drive from Pittsburgh, PA to attend the games, I would say I am willing to see my beloved Redskins play. Last season, my wife was still in nursing school. Since she has graduated, and I think it may be doable by the time invoices roll around.

Also where were these ads? I got emails from the FO but by the time I called the tickets were sold.

this years was tough..too many late games, 4, 8PM, Monday, Sunday night..driving from Richmond is tough on the late games..based on how crappy we were I woudl doubt seriously if we have ANY late games and no Monday nighters,,,,we will see what the ticket office does....my current seats end zone uppers...not a chance when tix are avail on stub hub, ebay, craigslist with no problems

I agree with this since I, too, am coming from Richmond. I was so excited to get off the wait list (back when I thought it was thousands of people long). But I probably won't renew this year-although it has more to do with a baby coming next month than any thing else.

That may be true, but I always attend at least 1 to 2 games with my wife. Considering I drive from Pittsburgh, PA to attend the games, I would say I am willing to see my beloved Redskins play. Last season, my wife was still in nursing school. Since she has graduated, and I think it may be doable by the time invoices roll around.

Also where were these ads? I got emails from the FO but by the time I called the tickets were sold.

I have 2 tickets is Section 133 Row 15 aisle seats that I will sell. Price will be $2200 (whatever face is) for the season. Let me know if you are interested.

Matt

One more thing-I got a phone call from the ticket office around December 23rd. They asked me how my "game experience" was. I told them that I wasn't a huge fan of the grey lot, and the rep said that she would put a note in my file requesting an upgrade to the green lot. She then asked if I wanted to move down. I assumed she meant to the lower level club seats, or something, so I replied that I couldn't afford lower level and I kinda liked being in the upper level. She said,"No, would you like to move down several rows in your section?" I said she could make that note in my file.

So, with the season not yet over, I received a phone call and was able to upgrade (although they are minor). It seems to me that they are scrambling to hold on to what they have and are expecting a pretty big exodus. I still haven't decided (contrary to my earlier post)

Those of you saying you couldnt get face value for you tickets, where did you try to sell you tickets? Ive got 4 seats and I knew going to the game wasnt going to be an option for me since my wife was pregnant with our twins. I sold my tickets game to game this year and the only tickets I ate were the Chiefs game. Every other game I got face or better for my tickets and green lot parking. If you are having that hard of a time next year PM me and I'll give you info on how to get in the market where Im at, obviously the people around here didnt get the memo that the Skins were playing horrible football.

Archived