Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How do you say 2010?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The "20" should have been pronounced "twenty" all along, he said, pointing out that every year in the 20th century was pronounced "nineteen something."

" 'Twenty' follows 'nineteen.' 'Two thousand' does not follow 'nineteen.' It's logical."

It's a valid point. The year 1900 was "Nineteen hundred".

However, the counter:

$1900 is nineteen hundred dollars. But $2000 is two thousand dollars.

I think I'll say 2k10. :) not really. Twenty ten sounds right.
two thousand ten but i think twenty ten will be the regular way of saying it and ill eventually switch over
Twenty ten.

Decades=the tens.

Twenty Ten
i say Two thousand AND ten :)

jk i say twenty ten.

I don't think many people in 1910 were debating whether to call it "Nineteen-Ten" or "One thousand nine-hundred ten"

Twenty ten it is.

People still look at you kind of funny if you say twenty-ten, but it'll switch over.
Most people say "two-thousand ten"? Really? Why is that?
Aha! I feel vindicated. :-)
It's a valid point. The year 1900 was "Nineteen hundred".

However, the counter:

$1900 is nineteen hundred dollars. But $2000 is two thousand dollars.

twenty ten. two thousand and ten is too many syllables, imo.

Hypocrites.

If "Twenty Ten is the correct way to say it, then why didn't everyone stay consistent for the last decade. With that logic, we should have called 2001, "Twenty Oh-One", but no, everyone called it 2 thousand One.

Just like beginning 1901 through 1909, they called it Nineteen Oh-One, and NOT One thousand Nine hunded and One, which is the equivalent of 2 Thousand One.

So, the question is, why is everyone waiting almost a decade to debate, or insist on the grammatical way of saying it, if they've been doing it wrong since 2001. According to this "newfound logic and grammar", it should have been pronouces, Twenty Oh-One, Twenty Oh-Two, Twenty Oh-Three, Twenty Oh-Four, Twenty Oh-Five, Twenty Oh-Six, Twenty Oh-Seven, Twenty Oh-Eight, Twenty Oh-Nine, which would bring us to the supposed Twenty-Ten. So why the decade long delay in getting the grammar right ?

Hypocrites.

If "Twenty Ten is the correct way to say it, then why didn't everyone stay consistent for the last decade. With that logic, we should have called 2001, "Twenty Oh-One", but no, everyone called it 2 thousand One.

Just like beginning 1901 through 1909, they called it Nineteen Oh-One, and NOT One thousand Nine hunded and One, which is the equivalent of 2 Thousand One.

So, the question is, why is everyone waiting almost a decade to debate, or insist on the grammatical way of saying it, if they've been doing it wrong since 2001. According to this "newfound logic and grammar", it should have been pronouces, Twenty Oh-One, Twenty Oh-Two, Twenty Oh-Three, Twenty Oh-Four, Twenty Oh-Five, Twenty Oh-Six, Twenty Oh-Seven, Twenty Oh-Eight, Twenty Oh-Nine, which would bring us to the supposed Twenty-Ten. So why the decade long delay in getting the grammar right ?

Wow this is a serious subject for you isn't it Mick?

Hypocrites.

Hypocrite? I don't know about anybody else, but "the year two thousand" sounds a helluva lot better then "the year twenty hundred" or whatever it was supposed to be called. At the end of the day, I'll look back at this decade as the "two-thousands". It was cool being around for the beginning of another millenium, but now it's time to get back to reality. Leave the "two-thousands" as the exception to "the rule". It's like saying "I remember the 80's, or the 90's, or the 2000s".

Don't call us hypocrites just because we disagree with you. Who the hell made you in charge of the official astrological decade naming convention committee?

:doh:

Archived