Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hope Campbell is not thinking about going to Carolina

Redzone Offense

:applause::applause:

In the history of the NFL, there has never been a 3500 yard passer, with 20 tds, that has not started the following year barring injury. Not one. I personally think Skins fans are stupid. We allow other teams to flood our stadium, and we seem to forget what football is all about. Matt Moore proved you can win without having a great QB. Carolina has two, not one, but two 1000 yard backs. They built their offense around the running game. They have a decent line, that can be real good when it's fully healthy. pay very close attention. JC is not the greatest QB, we didn;t draft him to be John Elway. He can be an affecient qb, and with a good team, that is all you need. Granted JC is not B. Rothlisberger either. But he can win, and can produce on the biggest stage in the world. There are so many glaring holes on our team. I mean we see what Jay Cutler is going through.
:applause:

In the history of the NFL, there has never been a 3500 yard passer, with 20 tds, that has not started the following year barring injury. Not one. I personally think Skins fans are stupid. We allow other teams to flood our stadium, and we seem to forget what football is all about. Matt Moore proved you can win without having a great QB. Carolina has two, not one, but two 1000 yard backs. They built their offense around the running game. They have a decent line, that can be real good when it's fully healthy. pay very close attention. JC is not the greatest QB, we didn;t draft him to be John Elway. He can be an affecient qb, and with a good team, that is all you need. Granted JC is not B. Rothlisberger either. But he can win, and can produce on the biggest stage in the world. There are so many glaring holes on our team. I mean we see what Jay Cutler is going through.

If you still think that we can be successful with Jason Campbell then you're either related to him or know nothing about the game of football.

I thought the mods said we couldn't make pointless and unnecessary threads until tomorrow:hysterical:

I'm not a JC fan, but gave him respect. About half way during the season, I was done. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. However, who would take his place? I saw people mention that he could go to Carolina. Now, that's a wrap.

The point being JC's list of suitors after his performance the past last 4 weeks, excluding Oakland has probably shrunk. He does have a dreadful OL, but it doesn't help when he doesn't pick up the blitz nor move his feet to avoid the rush.

matt moore has 2 three touchdown games in 7 starts.

Campbellhas done that twice in 50 starts. LOL

Matt Moore gets 7 seconds to throw the ball atleast each game.

Jason probably got seven seconds to ever throw the ball 3 times in 50 starts. yea lol

JC isn't the problem.It starts and ends with Snyder.

JC isn't the lone problem but he is a problem. And a major one at that. As far as Snyder goes, there isn't much that we can do about getting rid of a bad owner. At least he finally hired a GM and is stepping away from personnel matters.

Matt Moore gets 7 seconds to throw the ball atleast each game.

Jason probably got seven seconds to ever throw the ball 3 times in 50 starts. yea lol

right, campbells just had a bad line for half a decade. that same line that sucked for mark brunell and todd collins.

that must mean clinton portis is the best runningback in the league. how do you put up multiple seasons of top 8 rushing performances with such a horrid line.

oh wait.

Carolina yesterday. Looked like a team that were serious playoff contenders. Steve Smith played with so much passion he got his arm broke and still hung on and made the play. Moore stepped up in the pocket and made throw after throw. Then Friggen Stewart went off for over 200 YDS. on the other side of the ball JP looked and rushed the passer like a man possessed. There is no way JC could ever match the passes that Morre made yesterday.

And those of you that think that JC could take Gradkowski spot you better think again, no way, Gradkowski would kick JC ass. Grad as already said this his is team, and he is one tuff MOFO!!!

right, campbells just had a bad line for half a decade. that same line that sucked for mark brunell and todd collins.

that must mean clinton portis is the best runningback in the league. how do you put up multiple seasons of top 8 rushing performances with such a horrid line.

oh wait.

BLC, you honestly think that Clinton Portis would put up respectable numbers with THIS current line? The one that was on the field last night?

The line you are talking about doesn't exist at the moment; and even early in the season CP wasn't producing even with the starters intact.

Losing Samuels, Thomas, Rinehart....etc....is absolutely decimating.

It's an aging, injury depleted line; a shell of it's former self. Most fans knew we were putting all of our eggs in one basket with this line prior to the season, and it has flopped miserably.

I'm a realist; I know JC is mediocre and has topped out, it is time for him to move on. That being said, his performance is soured by the abilities of our offensive line. It's a vicious cycle and a horrid combination.

I think I told you at one point that even though the line WAS fine for a large part of Campbell's career (even in 2008, I think the "collapse" was well overblown, especially when you look at THIS season--last year the line seemed to be pretty OK overall) that any deterioration would lead to his defenders retroactively condemning the line for the entire decade (or at least his time here.)

You saw a little bit of this with Brunell in 2004. Sure, eventually people came to see things as I did but at first a LOT of people blamed the line, even when, as Collinsworth pointed out last night, Brunell spent most of his pocket time that year running BACKWARDs into pressure (I proved this through film review and comparing him to Ramsey's dropbacks) and making the line look worse on many occasions when the protection was actually VERY GOOD. Campbell doesn't do it as much, of course, and he has learned to step up (though robotically and with little overall sense or savvy) but he still does it occasionally. And it proves the overall point. Even with GOOD protection, a QB doing really stupid things can make it look worse.

WHich is why I always talk about Atlanta and how the line credit Ryan with making them look a lot better. Even if the line now reaches its potential rather than looks "better than it really is" that's still important for a team. And points out why a QB is important.

When people bring up QB rating and the like, why not look at the fact that this team made the playoffs a couple times without Campbell---that maybe the team DOES have SOME talent on it and the defense is generally competent (sometimes great) and that the reason for Jason's somewhat average QB rating is that he has superior talent to work with compared to most 'bust" QBs.

Let's be honest--what would Jason have done with Texas inaugural offensive line and the talent they had on offense? How would Jason look in Cleveland or Oakland? I'm not so sure that Jason hasn't acted as an anchor, while simultaneously being made to look better than he is by decent or very good offensive talent (not so much now with the line in a shambles and Ganther at RB but during better days when he still looked incompetent.)

A few more weeks and every single JC thread will be moved out of the Stadium and into the Around the NFL forum.

The year after next we will need a CFL or Arena football forum to discuss him.

That's cruel.:laugh:I can't wait til he's gone, either, but he's a nice guy.Unfortunately, that doesn't cut it.

BLC, you honestly think that Clinton Portis would put up respectable numbers with THIS current line? The one that was on the field last night?

The line you are talking about doesn't exist at the moment; and even early in the season CP wasn't producing even with the starters intact.

Losing Samuels, Thomas, Rinehart....etc....is absolutely decimating.

It's an aging, injury depleted line; a shell of it's former self. Most fans knew we were putting all of our eggs in one basket with this line prior to the season, and it has flopped miserably.

I'm a realist; I know JC is mediocre and has topped out, it is time for him to move on. That being said, his performance is soured by the abilities of our offensive line. It's a vicious cycle and a horrid combination.

So his improving all around numbers say he has topped out?Career Highs in Yds,cmpl percent,TD's,yds per att......and done while running for his life.

So his improving all around numbers say he has topped out?Career Highs in Yds,cmpl percent,TD's,yds per att......and done while running for his life.

I should have added "here" after "topped out"; my mistake Rd44.

This organization is toxic and not conducive to QB development. Hopefully the next regime squashes certain players (I should say RELEASES during the uncapped year) sense of entitlement and Allen and the new coach don't allow Snyder to be such an enabler....no player should have an open door policy with the owner to settle his grievances i.e. Portis. The new regime has to establish a chain of command and stick to it.

And oh yeah, addressing the OL might help.

JC simply has to move on....and so do the Redskins; it's run its course and the relationship is irreparable.

Take care Riggo.....

I don't think anyone knows what will happen. If Bruce Allen doesn't offer Campbell a contract then Jason will be playing elsewhere next season. But if Allen is the cerebral GM that I think he is, then he'll take a long hard look at Jason overall since he's been the starting QB, and not focus on this season alone. He'll see that Campbell has enormous potential but was probably in the wrong offense or just didn't have any supporting cast around him.

If Campbell does return to the Redskins next season, then Shanahan will run a modified west coast offense that will suit Jason better than the West coast offense that Jim Zorn ran.

That's cruel.:laugh:I can't wait til he's gone, either, but he's a nice guy.Unfortunately, that doesn't cut it.

How is he nice? Give specific examples that make you say he is nice or classy.

I think it is a fake image marketed by the Redskins and created by Gibbs to take pressure off him and sell jerseys. The guy is a fraud.

If you still think that we can be successful with Jason Campbell then you're either related to him or know nothing about the game of football.
How do you figure? Look maybe the saying that QB's get to much creit when things are going good, and to much blame when things are going bad is true. And let me tell you I am not one that drinks the kool aid. JC was a 6-2 qb. There is potential. How many teams would kills for a steady qb? Why let him go for a qb like Sam Bradford, or the next super star? Sam Bradfor already proved he would be on IR from the get go. We play in the NFC East. He couldn't withstand the rigors of BYU. We can strengthen the team and then make a better assestment. We can win that way. Ask the Jets.

Not for the majority of us. However, a minority of people who use lame attacks like "Jason Candle" amusing will find this thread to be a wonderful cathartic experience.

We soon will be saying, "Jason who?":hysterical:

How is he nice? Give specific examples that make you say he is nice or classy.

I think it is a fake image marketed by the Redskins and created by Gibbs to take pressure off him and sell jerseys. The guy is a fraud.

Jason is a stand-up guy, but as was stated before, that doesn't make you a good QB. If you have ever spoken to the guy you would be able to make that assumption but from your post i get the feeling you just don't like him because he hasn't been good for us so you will make things up to try to make him look worse than he really is.HAIL!:saber:

Archived