Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hope Campbell is not thinking about going to Carolina

Redzone Offense

Hmmm. Judges are working on the scoring on this one. It's another Campbell thread,but they're looking at creativity. We know the Chinese judge will give it a low score,but the U.S. judge's score is up in the air,(he's too busy laughing).

Well, per ESPN right now, Fox and all of his staff and the GM have been offered a return in 2010.

Hmm, was just watching ESPN and they reported Cowher was committed to returning in 2010 and TB / Carolina were mentioned.

They said he was already in the process of assembling a staff, if not Carolina then I guess TB is logical or maybe Buffalo, or maybe just maybe Cowher is thinking that he wants the Skins job.

hes a young kid playing well on a team that had major QB issues.

dont you wish you could get excited about a redskins QB like theyre getting excited about in carolina? what i wouldnt give for some competent QB play.

Hell, the Skins had some competent QB play for a few weeks when they played teams with bad pass rush/bad DL play.

It also doesn't hurt that the Panthers' leading rusher had almost 200 yards.

Matt Moore played well, but so have a lot of QBs against that Giants' team. Well, at least teams fielding NFL-caliber offensive lines.

Again, we saw threads like this all off-season and all year. If all of those guys ended up being as great as those threads proclaimed, the Pro Bowl would be having to let 6 guys QB each side. lol

the only thing matt moore and jason campbell have in common is.............

THEY BOTH ARE RESTRICTED FA's this offseason. O DANNY...go GET HIM.

Carolina can NOT pay him the money we can with 12 mill invested in DELHOMMEY the PICKLE KING.

Seriously though, I would rather have him than any potential first round draft pick.

Bring him in to compete with Colt and the best man wins...then we can go OL with EVery ONE of our picks.

My new updated wish list.

OKUNG or Trent Williams

Some other OL in the draft

Sproles

Dansby

Ryan Clark

McNeil (guard)

Matt Moore through FA

MAKE IT HAPPEN BRUCE!

Figured I would add in all FA QB's this offseason to let everyone take a look

Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos (27)

Losing Orton for the second half against the Redskins and having him forced off the bench against San Diego showed Orton’s real value to Denver, as the offense became anemic with Chris Simms. Without his efficient passing, the Broncos really struggle to put points on the board. It’s surprising the Broncos haven’t already looked to extend Orton who just does a great job leading the offense to long scoring drives. Maybe they’re hoping to get a little more leverage should the CBA fall through, which could allow the Broncos to keep Orton on a restricted tender. If he’s allowed to hit the open market, all hell could break loose. Orton doesn’t carry the aura of a franchise quarterback, but has now managed two different offenses to winning records.

Jason Campbell, Washington Redskins (28)

A big week of 367 yards and 3 touchdowns in the heartbreaker against the Saints a couple weeks back showed Campbell's potential. His numbers are actually improved across the board everywhere from a season ago, except interceptions where his total has doubled in three less games. Campbell has played better over the second half of the season, but it seems like he’s played his way out of Washington, who seems ready to gamble for an elite quarterback than stick with the so-so Campbell. With a number of talented quarterbacks possibly lining up to enter the 2010 NFL Draft, in a best case scenario, Campbell could possibly get a 1-2 year deal to compete as the starter on a quarterback-starved team.

Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (34)

Pennington wasn’t finding the same success this year as he had in last year’s great campaign, even before suffering another season-ending injury. His shoulder injury luckily showed no damage to his rotator cuff which has already been operated on twice. He should be able to start throwing again in January, but is unlikely to be retained by the Dolphins where Chad Henne has shown promise as one of the league’s best young quarterbacks. Henne has the arm strength to stretch the defense, something Pennington has always been heavily criticized for lacking. A 33 year-old Chad Pennington coming off a third shoulder injury won’t garner much excitement in free agency, but may have the opportunity to compete for a one-year job on a needy team. Pennington doesn’t have age on his side, the arm strength, or the durability to be considered anything more than a stop-gap solution at this point in his career.

Tarvaris Jackson, Minnesota Vikings (27)

It’ll be interesting to see how a season behind Brett Favre will have changed Tarvaris Jackson. He looked like a player showing gradual improvement with the potential to finally turn the corner this year. Favre’s retirement decision will likely come down to the last moment again and will depend on he and his team’s play down the stretch of the season. If a new CBA isn’t agreed upon, Jackson will become a Restricted Free Agent in which Minnesota will most likely retain him. If not, his decision to stay or leave Minnesota could very well come down to how Favre’s decision turns out, or he could stick it out and go the Aaron Rodgers patience route. Regardless, in the sparing time he’s gotten this year in blowout wins over the Rams and Seahawks, Jackson has completed a high percent and has a 124.0 QB Rating on the year through 15 attempts. Keep in mind he was coming of a preseason rating of 118.4. In limited playing time, the numbers game heavily favors Jackson over the last year.

Kellen Clemens, New York Jets (27)

Drafting Mark Sanchez spelled the end of Kellen Clemens’ future in New York. He was rather disappointing in his duty as a starter, making little progress before this season. If Clemens is satisfied as a career back-up, he could decide to accept a small contract to play behind Sanchez. When he finally got the chance to play in Buffalo, after Sanchez’s injury, Clemens took 3 sacks, threw 2 passes, and ran twice against a tough Bills pass defense in 22 snaps. Against a below average Buccaneers defense, he was only able to muster 111 yards through the air, minimizing mistakes and allowing his defense and running game do the brunt of the work. Clemens didn’t have a particularly great game, but could compete for a starting position on one of the league’s lesser teams if the Jets let him walk.

Other Notable Free Agents:

Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (35)

Kyle Boller, St. Louis Rams (29)

David Carr, New York Giants (31)

Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs (27)

Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions (33)

Rex Grossman, Houston Texans (30)

Joey Harrington, New Orleans Saints (31)

Jon Kitna, Dallas Cowboys (37)

Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers (26) – Restricted FA

Chris Redman, Atlanta Falcons (33)

Brett Ratliff, Cleveland Browns (25) – Exclusive Rights FA

Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (26) – Restricted FA

I mean, Carolina is a situation where the obvious missing piece is even some semblance of mediocre QB play. Offensive line is excellent, running game is excellent, top notch receivers, and an excellent defense. Trading out their abysmally bad QB should do wonders in their situation.

Our situation is a tad different.

Our offensive line is one of the worst in the league. Little to no threat of a running game. And our defense is mediocre. Oh yeah, and our special teams is a disaster. There is not one facet of this team that is better than what Carolina has.

And you can look at this as making excuses for JC, but let's be honest. Our offensive line is missing 2 starters, and one of the original starters was pretty bad in the first place. Even our backups are falling like flies. We're down to our 3rd runningback.

Jason has been playing like crap recently. But it's not like we're losing to worse teams. These teams are flat out better than us.

Is Matt Moore the flavor of the moment?

It's hard to keep up with the Matt Cassell, Matt Hasselbeck, Mark Sanchez, Jay Cutler bandwagon-jumping.

Don't forget how hard they were riding for Josh Freeman back when it suited their agenda.

Hell, the Skins had some competent QB play for a few weeks when they played teams with bad pass rush/bad DL play.

It also doesn't hurt that the Panthers' leading rusher had almost 200 yards.

Matt Moore played well, but so have a lot of QBs against that Giants' team. Well, at least teams fielding NFL-caliber offensive lines.

Again, we saw threads like this all off-season and all year. If all of those guys ended up being as great as those threads proclaimed, the Pro Bowl would be having to let 6 guys QB each side. lol

no one is saying hes a probowler at all, it just seems that after finishing the year like hes finishing it, the panthers wouldnt want to try to acquire a QB as bad as campbell who is finishing horribly down the stretch.

the only thing matt moore and jason campbell have in common is.............

THEY BOTH ARE RESTRICTED FA's this offseason. O DANNY...go GET HIM.

Carolina can NOT pay him the money we can with 12 mill invested in DELHOMMEY the PICKLE KING.

Seriously though, I would rather have him than any potential first round draft pick.

Bring him in to compete with Colt and the best man wins...then we can go OL with EVery ONE of our picks.

My new updated wish list.

OKUNG or Trent Williams

Some other OL in the draft

Sproles

Dansby

Ryan Clark

McNeil (guard)

Matt Moore through FA

MAKE IT HAPPEN BRUCE!

ect...

So you already want us to sign Matt Moore based on essentially 2 good games? Never mind the fact that he's a restricted FA - we have to give up picks if he comes here. This is the type of crap that makes the anti-Campbell crowd lose credibility. I'm ALL FOR getting rid of Campbell. But Matt Moore hasn't played enough games for me to even think it's likely that he'll be an upgrade.

So you already want us to sign Matt Moore based on essentially 2 good games? Never mind the fact that he's a restricted FA - we have to give up picks if he comes here. This is the type of crap that makes the anti-Campbell crowd lose credibility. I'm ALL FOR getting rid of Campbell. But Matt Moore hasn't played enough games for me to even think it's likely that he'll be an upgrade.

But Sam Bradford, Clausen, etc HAVE?

Those guys are going to command 40 + mill GUARENTEED and you dont want to pay someone 1/2 that who already knows the speed of the NFL?

Lose credibility? HA.

I want to sign Matt Moore because he has been in the NFL for 4+ years and has shown signs of IMPROVEMENT.

I am not 100% restricted free agent knowledgable however I am pretty sure that just means Carolina would have to match any offer we offer him.

We are not getting any draft picks for Jason Campbell if he is gone. So I dont think you are right when you talk about giving up any draft picks for Matt Moore.

lol, could you point to the posts of people wanting josh freeman? my god i must have missed those.

Yeah, I'll go look. It was after his "sick" 3 TD victory against the Packers during his first start where the Bucs put up 38 points. "3 TDs and 30+ points in his FIRST start...how many times has Campbell EVER done that?" was the main argument.

Never mind that:

- The Bucs intercepted a pass and returned it to the Packers' 8 yard line.

- Their kick returner returned a kickoff to the Packers' 17 yard line.

So that's two drives totalling 25 yards that we're supposed to be in awe over the kid for. But wait, what about those 38 points?

- The Bucs blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.

- The Bucs also had an interception that they returned for a TD.

Let's also keep in mind that Freeman completed less than 50% of his passes, and he had an interception and a fumble. The bottom line is that when your defense and special teams both score TDs int he same game, you're going to win the game the majority of the time. Add 2 more big plays by the defense and special teams, and it would take an extraordinarily bad performance by the offense NOT to win and NOT to score a lot of points.

Then Freeman went out the next week and threw 4 picks and had 4 fumbles. There wasn't too much talk about him after that one.

So this is just a brief illustration of how quickly the anti-Campbell crowd jumps to conclusions. Matt Moore might be good - I won't know until he AT least finishes this season. He's played 2 good games. He's on a better team. I'm fine with getting rid of Campbell, but not for replacing him with an unknown (especially of Matt Moore's pedigree - if you're going w/ an unknown, at least give me a guy who has shown he can light it up at the College level. Moore had one decent year in college and 2 good games in the NFL).

Yeah, I'll go look. It was after his "sick" 3 TD victory against the Packers during his first start where the Bucs put up 38 points. "3 TDs and 30+ points in his FIRST start...how many times has Campbell EVER done that?" was the main argument.

Never mind that:

- The Bucs intercepted a pass and returned it to the Packers' 8 yard line.

- Their kick returner returned a kickoff to the Packers' 17 yard line.

So that's two drives totalling 25 yards that we're supposed to be in awe over the kid for. But wait, what about those 38 points?

- The Bucs blocked a punt and returned it for a TD.

- The Bucs also had an interception that they returned for a TD.

Let's also keep in mind that Freeman completed less than 50% of his passes, and he had an interception and a fumble. The bottom line is that when your defense and special teams both score TDs int he same game, you're going to win the game the majority of the time. Add 2 more big plays by the defense and special teams, and it would take an extraordinarily bad performance by the offense NOT to win and NOT to score a lot of points.

Then Freeman went out the next week and threw 4 picks and had 4 fumbles. There wasn't too much talk about him after that one.

So this is just a brief illustration of how quickly the anti-Campbell crowd jumps to conclusions. Matt Moore might be good - I won't know until he AT least finishes this season. He's played 2 good games. He's on a better team. I'm fine with getting rid of Campbell, but not for replacing him with an unknown (especially of Matt Moore's pedigree - if you're going w/ an unknown, at least give me a guy who has shown he can light it up at the College level. Moore had one decent year in college and 2 good games in the NFL).

Alrighty GM....who do YOU want to replace JC...i offered the list of free agents, you know who is coming out of the draft. You have said you dont want JC, you said I am stupid for wanting Matt Moore (who I see as the most promising FA on the wire) who do you go with?

If its me, I give Matt Moore a modest contract offer and let him battle Colt for starter. He and Brody Croyle are the only guys on that list that I remotely like......Moore has passed all over 2 of the better Defenses in the league in Minnesotta and Giants...and he had JC like stats against TB and NWE....I mean the kid knows the speed of the game AND has done it with 1 WR.

Those Unknowns you talk about, from the college level are going to command BIG BUCKS. Or are you talking about handing the keys to a 3rd or 4th round pick?

But Sam Bradford, Clausen, etc HAVE?

Those guys are going to command 40 + mill GUARENTEED and you dont want to pay someone 1/2 that who already knows the speed of the NFL?

Lose credibility? HA.

I want to sign Matt Moore because he has been in the NFL for 4+ years and has shown signs of IMPROVEMENT.

I am not 100% restricted free agent knowledgable however I am pretty sure that just means Carolina would have to match any offer we offer him.

We are not getting any draft picks for Jason Campbell if he is gone. So I dont think you are right when you talk about giving up any draft picks for Matt Moore.

No, if they don't match our offer we have to give up draft picks to get him (unless they don't tender him which would be very weird). The dude has played 7 games. He's had 2 good games. Let's at least wait til the end of the season before declaring him the next quick fix.

Also the 5th pick in the draft is going to be about 30 mil guaranteed. Sanchez was the 5th pick last season and he got 28.7 guaranteed. And at this point I would rather risk that kind of money on somebody with some pedigree than a guy who was mediocre in college and has had 2 noteworthy games in 3 years in the NFL.

Here is what I got about Restricted Free Agents

A RFA is "any Veteran player with three or more accrued seasons, but less than five accrued seasons (or less than four accrued seasons in any capped year)... At the expiration of his last Player Contract during such period... [the player] shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any club, and any club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any such player, subject to... certain restrictions." The restrictions are the fun part.

The player's original team maintains the First Refusal Right if the team tenders a contract offer of one year at $1.01 M.

The player's original team maintains the Right of First Refusal and Draft Selection at the Player’s Original Draft Round (from the team with which he signs) if the team tenders an offer of one year at the same amount(s) listed above OR at least 110% of the player’s prior year’s salary -- whichever is greater.

The player's original team maintains the Right of First Refusal and Second Round Draft Selection (from the team with which he signs) if the team tenders an offer of one year at $$1.545 million OR at least 110% of the player’s prior year’s salary -- whichever is greater.

The player's original team maintains the Right of First Refusal and First Round Draft Selection (from the team with which he signs) if the team tenders an offer of one year at $2.198 million OR at least 110% of the player’s prior year’s salary -- whichever is greater.

The player's original team maintains the Right of First Refusal and First Round Draft Selection and Third Round Draft Selection (both from the team with which he signs) if the team tenders an offer of one year at $2.792 million OR at least 110% of the player's prior year’s salary -- whichever is greater.

In the event a Prior Club withdraws its Qualifying Offer, the RFA immediately becomes an UFA.

Clear as mud....anyone want to hypothesize what it would take to grab Moore or Croyle?

The current QB,Matt Moore, has replaced Delhomme (out w/ an injury). He is currently 5-2. Also, in his last two starts, he has helped dismantle Minnesota and NY (on the road). Who didn't catch some of that Giants' game Sunday?

Even when pressured, Moore made better decisions and throws than Jason does.

That noise you hear is Jason Campbell sighing. Looks like one his potential destinations is probably crossed off.

Call me crazy, but I can see Zorn & JC ending up in Cleveland next year.

Good thing your name is not Bruce Allen.

No it is. What my name is Not is Vinny. WHEW!

Seriously though, we need to bring in a young FA QB to challenge Colt and keep TC around just in case.....next year is going to be a rebuilding year anyway. Lets get our O line a going.

Archived