Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hope Campbell is not thinking about going to Carolina

Redzone Offense

Jason is a stand-up guy, but as was stated before, that doesn't make you a good QB. If you have ever spoken to the guy you would be able to make that assumption but from your post i get the feeling you just don't like him because he hasn't been good for us so you will make things up to try to make him look worse than he really is.HAIL!:saber:

He is not a stand up guy. It it always someone else. On the post game last night he kept saying "it's not fair!". I expected him to break down crying.

How is he nice? Give specific examples that make you say he is nice or classy.

I think it is a fake image marketed by the Redskins and created by Gibbs to take pressure off him and sell jerseys. The guy is a fraud.

Not according to his high school football coach and his high school principal. These quotes were made several months after his was drafted by the Redskins.

"Jason is the biggest success story we've ever had, no doubt about it," said Shannon White, the head football coach at Taylorsville, as he sat in the spartan white shack that houses the high school athletic department. "And that's not just for being a great quarterback. He's not perfect -- no one is perfect -- but he's as close to perfect as you'll come in a human being."

"I think ya'll have something special up there now in Washington," Duvall said. "Whether Jason ever becomes a superstar or not, who knows? But in my opinion, who cares? Because he's already succeeded in life, and if he doesn't succeed in the NFL he will most definitely succeed somewhere doing something, I can guarantee you that. He's a hero around here, and more than that, he's a role model. I would love for my child to grow up and be a Jason Campbell."

BTW, in 9 years of watching JC play football, having read hundreds of media articles, listened to hundreds of coach's interviews, read or listened to dozens of teammates interviews or quotes and read thousands of message board posts, you are the only person I have ever seen attack Jason's character. I don't say a word when you attack his play over and over. Even I have to admit he's had plenty of horrible plays on the field as well as a few good ones, but on the subject of Jason's character you are way out there in the twilight zone all by yourself.

Not according to his high school football coach and his high school principal. These quotes were made several months after his was drafted by the Redskins.

Rocket last year JC said if we got Sanchez he wanted to get traded. So where do you think JC will end up next year. Count Carolina and Oakland out. Your thoughts ?

He is not a stand up guy. It it always someone else. On the post game last night he kept saying "it's not fair!". I expected him to break down crying.

I think the confusion between the two sides here (and I think you might be conflating a kind of immaturity or lack of responsibility with being a bad person--yes it can contribute) is that we're using terms interchangeably that don't mean the same thing.

I have not heard anything bad from anyone about Jason, the human being off the field. BUT, Jason has shown a striking tendency to shift blame, to engage in self-pity and evade responsibility. I think he WORKS responsibly to get better but it's just not going to happen for him (at least not without much more adversity and work and the right situation.) He does lack leadership but so do most people. He lacks some accountability and makes excuses but so do plenty of decent people.

It's like with Brunell except I got the impression that Brunell was still much more respected as a leader. Brunell did a lot of the same passive-aggresive blame-shifting and didn't take enough personal responsibility in his addresses to the media.

But I don't think that means that they are bad people or not nice. Hell, I'm a major prick in the game chat sometimes (though it's overstated) but you'd be hard-pressed to encounter someone who knows me who thinks little of my character.

I don't think there's anything wrong with acknowledging these deficiencies while still conceding that he's a decent human being.

Rocket last year JC said if we got Sanchez he wanted to get traded. So where do you think JC will end up next year. Count Carolina and Oakland out. Your thoughts ?

I'm thinking maybe Minnesota since Favre and Childress aren't even speaking to each other. But personally, I would like to see him in Tampa just because I know he has bought property in Florida. It could be a possibility since they had a quarterback turnstile this year and even though they beat NO, Freeman has not played that well. Just have to wait and see.

Ahhh, well there is no reason to argue with ignorance:doh:

As I explained in my post, I accept the belief that Jason is a good person. I do not accept that he is a "stand up guy" because that means something specific, apart from being a good person.

Hell, Scarface had a rhyme on "The Fix" album that was "I'ma die standin' up cuz I'm a stand up n___, ___ dying like a __ on my knees, I'm a killa!"

"Stand up" doesn't mean "good, warm, decent person with a strong moral core."

The current QB,Matt Moore, has replaced Delhomme (out w/ an injury). He is currently 5-2. Also, in his last two starts, he has helped dismantle Minnesota and NY (on the road). Who didn't catch some of that Giants' game Sunday?

Even when pressured, Moore made better decisions and throws than Jason does.

That noise you hear is Jason Campbell sighing. Looks like one his potential destinations is probably crossed off.

But Campbell is so Awesome. He just needs to find the right team, with the right system, and 7 seconds to find an open reciever and he's a sure ballot Hall Of Famer...

i think a 4th or 5th is crazy talk. campbell has played so badly down the stretch i doubt a team would give up anything for him. a 6th or 7th is about it. what team wants a dimwitted slow thinking QB who cant read a defense, is inaccurate, and fails in crunch time?

after these last two games i seriously think hes headed to backup land. oakland might be the only team dumb enough to trade for him (and now that i think of it, allen could fleece al davis since they have a history).

You remind me of Vinny and Snyder: ignore the line. I have no idea why you hate this guy. Im not talking about not liking or not thinking he should be the starting quarterback, it seems like you would stab this guy if you met him. I dont think hes that good but jesus christ youve made it clear that you hate him. Did one of his overthrows hit you in the face at a game?

You remind me of Vinny and Snyder: ignore the line. I have no idea why you hate this guy. Im not talking about not liking or not thinking he should be the starting quarterback, it seems like you would stab this guy if you met him. I dont think hes that good but jesus christ youve made it clear that you hate him. Did one of his overthrows hit you in the face at a game?
The post you quoted mentioned nothing about the offensive line. We were discussing Campbell's possible value on the market.

This board is sooo wishy washy. Last year when the Skins and JC went 6-2 and then started losing, people were saying "Now people have tape on JC". So when teams have tape on C'linas QB, your praise for this QB will stop. Some of you are such the experts.

How do you figure? Look maybe the saying that QB's get to much creit when things are going good, and to much blame when things are going bad is true. And let me tell you I am not one that drinks the kool aid. JC was a 6-2 qb. There is potential. How many teams would kills for a steady qb? Why let him go for a qb like Sam Bradford, or the next super star? Sam Bradfor already proved he would be on IR from the get go. We play in the NFC East. He couldn't withstand the rigors of BYU. We can strengthen the team and then make a better assestment. We can win that way. Ask the Jets.

5 years is enough for an accurate assessment, and the verdict is he isn't a "steady qb."

BTW, have you even seen Bradford's injury clip? Any QB in the NFL would've been out of the game on that hit.

Your defense has been good enough to win multiple superbowls. Your offense has been pathetic.

Ozzie gets a lot of credit, but not enough criticism over his offensive drafting.

I wasn't talking about previous seasons. The Ravens offense is nineth in points scored this year. That's isn't exactly "not caring about offense."

I wasn't talking about previous seasons. The Ravens offense is nineth in points scored this year. That's isn't exactly "not caring about offense."

No it's 10 years of offensive futility which should have led to more superbowls based on the defense.

But all hail Ozzie.

It's 2009, not 1999 and the offense is not bad. I wouldn't mind having Campbell as a back-up. He's probably more careful than Smith is.

10 years of great defense and laughable offense. OK. ;)

If you don't agree you have had a superbowl defense and a joke of an offense then you aren't being honest.

It's 2009, not 1999 and the offense is not bad. I wouldn't mind having Campbell as a back-up. He's probably more careful than Smith is.

The no turnover thing was a one year deal (really, just half a season) that people jumped on to defend him.

This season he has reverted back to a turnover machine

The post you quoted mentioned nothing about the offensive line. We were discussing Campbell's possible value on the market.

lol, anyone that thinks im advocating ignoring our line is clearly just a campbell homer and refuses to read anything else i type.

id love for someone to find just one post where i think our line is fine going into next season, or where i think it needs to be ignored.

Archived