Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Arrington Closes restaurant, stiffs employees

authentic

what an ***.

Not to make an excuse because the timing was horrible, but a year ago I went to the sideline, it was ok. Then like a week or 2 later I went to Jasper's and had the same waitress. She basically said then that Sideline was way to empty and she wouldn't be suprised if it went out of buisness.

That happens almost everytime a restaurant closes. I've been there as part of the management team so I know first hand. Sound advice - if you work for a restaurant, open your eyes. If its not busy and making money, go look for a job at one that is. You will make more money and your job will be secure. If you work for one that has no customers, its just a matter of time before you get locked out and not paid.

Not surprised one bit... I heard that when the restaurant opened it was ran by friends and family who had no prior experience.

I went there once and most of the menu was "not available" and the service was horrible... I'm not sure how the place stayed open as long as it did!

I've always said that I don't envy anyone that works in the restaurant industry. It is a cruel industry with a revolving door of employees.

It's a drug... You get addicted to the nightly money, you get addicted to going into work wondering if you're going to make $30 or $300... It attracts the same people who compulsively gamble, do drugs, or drink every night...

It's a drug... You get addicted to the nightly money, you get addicted to going into work wondering if you're going to make $30 or $300... It attracts the same people who compulsively gamble, do drugs, or drink every night...

Bingo! A friend of mine's daughter was making 300-500 a NIGHT Thurs-Sunday at an upscale restaurant and then got hooked on drugs. Now, the police are always looking for her.

Very true. ****ty jobs are ****ty jobs. Most people have ****ty jobs for a reason. BUT there are also a lot who have it as a second job or are just working there while they get other things straightened out.

But yeah, Lavar should have called up Gordon Ramsay. Got his **** straightened out.

This is true. A couple of roommates in college worked for Rafferty's and were pals with the GM. The GM partied with us every weekend and he was always either drunk or high out of his mind two days a week.

This is true. A couple of roommates in college worked for Rafferty's and were pals with the GM. The GM partied with us every weekend and he was always either drunk or high out of his mind two days a week.

Adam Carolla did a hysterical rant on Loveline years ago about how awesome it is to be the manager of an Applebees or TGIFs. You are probably 26 or 27 and still living at home. You have enough money to do what you want. You sleep into until noon every day.

And best of all...you have a staff of 18-22 year old females working for you who might actually look up to you as the "mature, older man." You can close the place up and let everyone hang out in the bar. You can break out a little coke. Next thing you know, a recent high school grad who would not have spoken to you if you were 18 is giving you a hummer in your office.

Good times.

Archived