Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Page 2: 10 Worst Moments in Redskins' History

MattFancy

LOL, obviously too young to remember 1979 when we blew a 34-21 lead in Dallas in the 4th Q and failed to make the wildcard on a pts differential when St. Louis lost to Chicago by something like 40 pts. There were reports of people breaking their TV sets. That game did have a silver lining in the end as Riggo took the following year off, the team stunk (though it did beat S.D. 40-17, ironically), and we hired Joe Gibbs (S.D.'s O-C). However, that was a really good 1979 team and it finished 10-6.

There are more worthy that aren't on this list. How about:

losing Super Bowl XVIII in a blowout.

1998 Monday night when the 49ers beat the Redskins 45-10 and you realized the Redskins seemed hopeless.

Whole 1994 season especially when Dallas blew us out

1993 losing to Arizona 36-6 when Arizona was a doormat and it made you realize the greatness of Joe Gibbs I was over and we wouldn't even sniff the playoffs for 6 seasons

2000 and 2006 offseasons when we spent money foolishly on the wrong people

Everyone that's offended by the name REDSKINS or its logo should denounce themselves as fans immediately.

Shame.

I'm just sick of the ignorant preaching and calling those of us in the know racists. IF people would just take ten minutes to research the origin of the team's name and logo, they would see that there is absolutely nothing racist about either of them. If they knew that the logo was designed by a Native American, maybe then they would shut the hell up. People who go pointing fingers without knowing the facts are the ones who are offensive.

I still think one of them is the walloping we took from the Ravens. Ed Reed strips Brunell for a touchdown and the fake Deion handoff which ends up being a TD, Mark Brunell throwing for 80 something yards, sunday night football....that was a bad, bad night. Maybe not the worst, but I'll always remember it.

I'm just sick of the ignorant preaching and calling those of us in the know racists. IF people would just take ten minutes to research the origin of the team's name and logo, they would see that there is absolutely nothing racist about either of them. If they knew that the logo was designed by a Native American, maybe then they would shut the hell up. People who go pointing fingers without knowing the facts are the ones who are offensive.

Im with you on this one....It kills me that people just want a "CAUSE" to support if they feel SOOO GUILTY about the team name or logo which you pointed out is IN NO WAY RACIST...they should just pick another team to pull for....

Archived