Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

players didn't quit/ coaching failed them

herb mul-key

clear as a bell to me...we were getting our assed whipped by better play calling on BOTH sides of the ball...our players were ready our COACHES just had a pathetic game plan and preparation...Coughlin and company purely owned us...the play calling abused Blache's scheme/plan and then our creative smart offensive coaches had such a great game plan that we were 3 and out 3 and out...players get damn frustrated when we are getting TOTALLY outcoached....I saw effort and ability but our coaching SUCKS!!!!!

We did not deal w the blitz and aggressive D in the first half w smart playcalling and Blache is pretty much Gilbride's BOY!

coaching failed us WAY more than players in the 'gints game...

I totally agree with you, OP. The giants are more talented then us, but it's like our guys had no idea what to do out there. No adjustments, no chipping on the DEs to buy time. Blache looking away during plays and Zorn making that rediculous back2back fake FG call. I also agree that we didn't match the intensity of the giants right out the gate, but there's no doubt about that we got completely outcoached so it wouldn't of mattered.

It was all downhill after that...

we had no answer to their offense..none....and we had no answer to against their D until we started using the blitz against them....looked like players wanted to make plays we just had no idea how to put them in a position to make a play...we got schooled AGAIN by the 'gints...at home....so sick of it.

Lewis was stupid not kicking field goal at half time instead of trying to gain 30 some yards and not putting points on board against 24 which included a field goal.

To me it looked like there was plenty of failure to go around and that it would be hard to pin it on just one particular group.

Sorry, but the coaching had NOTHING to do with allowing the Giants to run 16 and 11+ play drives to start the game. It has to do with attitude - the Giants came to play and the Skins didn't, period.

I only agree with OP if you feel that it is the coach's job to get the players motivated.

Blaming it all on coaching is a complete excuse in my opinion. Just setting it up so you can proclaim super bowl once a new head coach is brought it. While the Redskins current coaching staff is pretty bad, some of the blame also falls on the players. While schemes play a big part in how a team performs, the players are the ones who have to execute it.

While I feel there's a solid core of players on the Redskins, some definite personel changes need to be made. A change at quarterback is needed, serious o-line help, a consistent talented WR, ect.

Blaming it all on coaching is a complete excuse in my opinion. Just setting it up so you can proclaim super bowl once a new head coach is brought it. While the Redskins current coaching staff is pretty bad, some of the blame also falls on the players. While schemes play a big part in how a team performs, the players are the ones who have to execute it.

While I feel there's a solid core of players on the Redskins, some definite personel changes need to be made. A change at quarterback is needed, serious o-line help, a consistent talented WR, ect.

So, if you're a QB, it's 3rd and 4 and you see the corners lined up ten yards away, do you

A) throw a 5 yard pass to get the first

B) throw deep and go for it all

answer - Eli chose A on the opening drive, the drive after that, and so on.

This team has a really lousy history getting high on itself really quickly. I bet the Raiders and Saints game superinflated their egos and they thought that the struggling Giants would just fall to their superiority.

There is no one I would let off the hook for that game except the grounds crew, they were Superbowl worthy. Players, coaches, refs all played like crap. All should hang their head in shame.

Monday was a complete failure.

Coaches didn't come prepared and called a bad game.

Players failed to show up, had no emotion and just laid an egg pretty much across the board.

Spot on! We would be better off if the game was called off due to bad weather.

Archived