Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

Normally when a student does well, but is taken out quickly due to circumstances beyond his control, the class is dropped. Maybe incomplete as in dropped, but I hope you aren't suggesting incomplete like a "no credit".

He took the 1st test and did moderately well but then decided to switch majors and dropped the class.

6 points on offense. It's arguable that any of those were the result of Collins though.

In case you forgot, Collins was just as ineffective against KC. That's why we chose to keep Campbell in as our starting QB. Collins flat out sucked against KC.

If you think that Collins would perform better than Campbell over the long term, you're as bad as the Brennan supporters.

They both suck long term. Collins due to age can't last much longer, and Candle will wallow in mediocrity as he's done for 4 years playing.

Which is why we need a QB prospect or two next year. Draft or FA.

Question is, who's the best placeholder for now? I wish they'd let Collins take the first string reps, start the next two games, and answer that question.

They both suck long term. Collins due to age can't last much longer, and Candle will wallow in mediocrity as he's done for 4 years playing.

Which is why we need a QB prospect or two next year. Draft or FA.

Question is, who's the best placeholder for now? I wish they'd let Collins take the first string reps, start the next two games, and answer that question.

I can agree with that line of thinking. The only problem is, I don't really see any potential QB's (draft or FA) that will be much, if any, better than what we currently have.

Sure we might not have the best QB in the league. We don't have the worst either. Campbell is a middle of the road QB. Simple as that.

So if we get rid of Campbell and Collins, we will get either a 1st round QB or a FA. If we get a 1st rounder, we give up a chance at strengthening our main concern, our OL. If we go FA, we most certainly get a QB that is worse than what we already have.

I think the right thing to do is to work on our line first, with this draft class. I'd argue that RB is more important than QB at this point, but that's not the point. Go OL heavy this draft. Worry about our QB needs next offseason.

Sure, it will keep you and the other anti-JC folks complaining for another season. It will also address the root of the problem though. We need to give any QB more than 2 seconds to make reads and release the ball, every single drop back.

Fantastic.

At this point, I think its time to put his time with the Skins behind us, I think he'll hit FA. It seems kind of pointless to keep arguing over it.

It will be somewhat of a relief not having to defend him all the time, and I'm sure it will a be a relief for a lot of you to not have to watch him anymore. I for one am anxious to see who the new HC brings in.

Todd Collins may be able to perform for a couple games, but NFL hits are really brutal on the body and he wouldn't last the whole season. He too was decked after making both the throw to Moss and the throw to Davis.

Also, the run blocking was absolutely atrocious. You aren't going to win many games unless you can close games out in the 4th quarter by running it.

Ifs and buts. Irrelavant. We cant use that because if we could... I would have more than enough dropped passes, inoppurtune fumbles and TD's called back to build a very suitable case why JC does not totally suck.

JC aslo escaped pressure numerous times to keep drives alive during the second half. In fact, he helped lead the team that laid a goose egg in the first half to two scores. TC did make one nice pass. He did not do anything beyond that.

Well then lets hear it.

Why didn't he play well? He was in one series that got into field goal range. Prior to that we had 1 first down in 4 drives.

How are you equating both the QB's play when Campbell made mistakes the pick 6?

The last part of this post is so irrelavant its not worth discussing. As for Ben...
Its not irreverent at all, not only did the Steelers have the same exact defense, they had more offensive weapons with Plaxico and Bettis, and they went 6-10 with Tommy Maddox.

Ben instantly made them better.

Nice going using his statistical year (because JC is having one of his best years to date as well) and disregarding the win/loss record... this time. If we remove the Ben portion of that statment and replace it with JC you would not be saying the same thing. This seem to be a recurring theme for the fans that hate JC.
Jason is having one of his best statistical years, that doesn't mean he's having a good statical season. By the end of the year his stats might be decent.

Ben has a 2:1 touchdown to int ratio, a 100+ rating, 8.6YPA, 67.7% completions, statistically he's having an excellent season.

The fact that he's played poorly in a few games and the Steelers are 7-7 is why he's not having a great season.

Since I am coming late to the party my answer is pretty easy: Anyone but JC.

Fantastic.

At this point, I think its time to put his time with the Skins behind us, I think he'll hit FA. It seems kind of pointless to keep arguing over it.

It will be somewhat of a relief not having to defend him all the time, and I'm sure it will a be a relief for a lot of you to not have to watch him anymore. I for one am anxious to see who the new HC brings in.

You don't have to defend anyone as long as their actions are louder then words.

If you are going to come late and not bring anything, perhaps you shouldn't come at all.

Since JC is the worst ever in terms of losing more often than any other Redskins QB in history who played in more than 45 games, anyone but JC statistically would be far more likely to perform better.

By better I mean lose less often. If a QB in the future does lose more often than JC for the Redskins, JC 's career with the Redskins will have amounted to nothing. I think he has set the record at an untouchable level however. I am willing to bet that no Redskin QB in the next 50 or even 100 years will have a worse losing percentage than Jason Campbell for the Redskins in his 50 starts for the team.

JC will hold that honor for several generations to come.

What a way to set your mark.

this should have been common knowledge after the bengals game last season.

Had we bleepin' stuck with Saunders, we had the right guy since 2006. It's a lie that Collins couldn't go.

I'd concede that Todd wouldn't have been great in 2008 at first but he should have been the starter in 2009.

Had we bleepin' stuck with Saunders, we had the right guy since 2006. It's a lie that Collins couldn't go.

I'd concede that Todd wouldn't have been great in 2008 at first but he should have been the starter in 2009.

collins showed why he wasnt a starter in that playoff game. He might win afew here and there but he will get worn down.

I can agree with that line of thinking. The only problem is, I don't really see any potential QB's (draft or FA) that will be much, if any, better than what we currently have.

Sure we might not have the best QB in the league. We don't have the worst either. Campbell is a middle of the road QB. Simple as that.

So if we get rid of Campbell and Collins, we will get either a 1st round QB or a FA. If we get a 1st rounder, we give up a chance at strengthening our main concern, our OL. If we go FA, we most certainly get a QB that is worse than what we already have.

I think the right thing to do is to work on our line first, with this draft class. I'd argue that RB is more important than QB at this point, but that's not the point. Go OL heavy this draft. Worry about our QB needs next offseason.

Sure, it will keep you and the other anti-JC folks complaining for another season. It will also address the root of the problem though. We need to give any QB more than 2 seconds to make reads and release the ball, every single drop back.

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky

100% agree with you.

Since JC is the worst ever in terms of losing more often than any other Redskins QB in history who played in more than 45 games, anyone but JC statistically would be far more likely to perform better.

By better I mean lose less often. If a QB in the future does lose more often than JC for the Redskins, JC 's career with the Redskins will have amounted to nothing. I think he has set the record at an untouchable level however. I am willing to bet that no Redskin QB in the next 50 or even 100 years will have a worse losing percentage than Jason Campbell for the Redskins in his 50 starts for the team.

JC will hold that honor for several generations to come.

What a way to set your mark.

So I take it you are fine with our O line?

So JC is the most losing QB in our vaunted history. Should we rush to replace him when we know without a doubt that our OL is terrible? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Saying that we shouldn't address or OL problems with our first draft pick is Vinny talk. You know Vinny talk. That's the kind of talk that picked 3 receiving threats in the first two rounds one year and a DE (who they wanted to use as an OLB) the next.

Drafting a QB anywhere near the top of the draft this offseason is just as big of a mistake... a Vinny like mistake.

...and you have to admit. The FA QB's out there aren't anything to write home about.

So. Keep talking about how bad JC is. That's fine. Keep posting about how bad he statistically is. Sure. Just don't hate when we get a QB in the first round and he flounders and we are stuck in the same place five years from now.

i thought i posted this earlier, but i dont see it...

last year, Roethlisberger was sacked 46 times...only Matt Cassel was sacked more (as a patriot at 47)...the patriots went 10-6, the steelers won the super bowl

this year, by comparison, Campbell has only been sacked 38 times....so he'll need to go down 8 more times in the next 2 games to tie what happened to roethlisberger last year...

3 quarterbacks have been sacked more times than campbell this year (cassel, roethlisberger, and rodgers)....roethlisberger and rodgers both have over 3800 yards passing, 22 or more TDs, and QB ratings greater than 100....and, most importantly, their teams in the playoff hunt (although the steelers are barely hanging on)

in fact, although I can't find the stat right now, I believe in the 4 year time period during which the steelers won TWO super bowls, Roethlisberger was the most sacked QB in the league...

so....i guess the answer is, at the very least, Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers could

edit: and I also found my post earlier so I will respond to the people that responded to that...

the Steelers did not win last year's super bowl because of defense, although it helped, they won it because of superb QB play...just practically speaking, watch the final drive roethlisberger did on Sunday that won that game for the steelers, the Packers sacked him twice and never rushed more than 4 people....and continuously pressured him with 3 and 4 man rushes...he still made the reads and won the game

say what you want, the Steelers' line is abysmal and has been for the last few years...did it help that their defense scored for them and gave them short fields? sure...but Roethlisberger reads a defense so much faster than Campbell the two don't belong in the same comparison league...

i guess I too am tired of this argument....does Campbell have things stacked against him because of his line? sure...

but the problem, as it has always been, is the Redskins greatest weakness (bad O-line) plays into Campbell's greatest weakness (he is mentally slow as a QB, both with his reads and his progressions)...what it takes someone like Eli, or Peyton, or Brady, or Big Ben, or Rivers 1.2 seconds to do, it takes Campbell 2.1 seconds to do...and that may not sound like a ton, but it is...Campbell is still in the top 50 of people doing it in the world....compared to you and me he's elite...compared to the top 5 or 10 qbs in this league he is slow...

i do think, put behind the Colts' offensive line, he would do much better, because when he has the time, he has the physical skills to make the plays (sometimes)

but it isn't a perfect world, and the Redskins are less than perfect...and their imperfections magnify campbell's imperfections

Part of me thinks Gibbs would have stuck with Todd in 2008 had he stuck around for the final year of his deal.

And he deserved it, too. After his performance in 2007 he earned the right to keep playing. Only problem there, it just would have prolonged the Jason Campbell experiment:hysterical:

Archived