Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

So by that logic, why bring in a rookie when you have a vet who is on track to throw for 3500 yards and 20+ TD's behind this line?

Why not give that vet an opportunity to play behind a legitimate line.

WHO CARES IF HE THREW FOR 3500 YDS AND 20 TDS!!!! GEEZ!!! tHE GUY CANT WIN GAMES FOR US!!! ITS BEEN 5 YEARS!

This is so frustrating!

So by that logic, why bring in a rookie when you have a vet who is on track to throw for 3500 yards and 20+ TD's behind this line?

We all get it. If JC had a brilliant OL that could constantly give him 7-10 seconds to make a decision and/or let the receiver he's locked on get open then yes he'd be a big success and we'd win lots of games.

However that kind of line doesn't actually exist. JC doesn't win. Leave it alone and let him go.

like Rush Limbaugh because he does not hide his hatred for anything that is not white. Lou Dobbs, mad respect. He is honest in his hatred of Latinos. Nation of Islam hates Jews. Republicans hate America and the little man.

Just shut up before you say something really stupid

I for one think that the upper echelon of QB's in the NFL could succeed behind our line.

its amazing what hot routes and Pre Snap recognition can do for your ability to release the ball early.

TC showed me the other night that an average QB could succeed behind that awful line...he got pressures but mad plays.....and that was COLD off the bench. If that doesnt show JC supporters that he isnt the answer then its no use even trying. Again, let me reiterate, JC is a great person and a solid human being. Not a quality QB who can win your team games. This has gone on for 50 games! Should we give him 50 more?

No one said he needs a brilliant line with 7-10 seconds to throw man...

Point is why invest in another young QB when you have one who is putting up solid numbers behind the worst line in football.

JC is about 12th - 17th in most major QB stats... which is about middle of the pack, or average. He plays behind the WORST offensive line in football. All I'm saying is I think THIS NEXT YEAR coming up, we need to put most of our resources into re-establishing the offensive line. Then we need to look for a new QB.

It's the best possible scenario. If we go heavy on the O-line, and next year or 2 years from now our O-line is good or great while JC is still not the answer.... then we have the pieces in place to then grab a rookie or new QB and place him in an ideal situation.

We all get it. If JC had a brilliant OL that could constantly give him 7-10 seconds to make a decision and/or let the receiver he's locked on get open then yes he'd be a big success and we'd win lots of games.

However that kind of line doesn't actually exist. JC doesn't win. Leave it alone and let him go.

That kind of line existed in the Bengals game last year.

It's the best possible scenario. If we go heavy on the O-line, and next year or 2 years from now our O-line is good or great while JC is still not the answer.... then we have the pieces in place to then grab a rookie or new QB and place him in an ideal situation.

I would have little issue with keeping JC here and giving him a chance with a rebuilt OL as long as his successor is brought in too. Draft a QB and fix the OL in the draft and through FA. JC can get a chance behind a new/better OL and the rookie can take a year/two to get acclimated to the NFL while the OL improves and improves.

Perhaps JC explodes and those of us who want JC gone have to eat some crow. Or maybe JC muddles in the middle as always and the new guy is given the reins in a year or two. One way or the other the OL is better and hopefully the QB is too.

That kind of line existed in the Bengals game last year.

Yes those lines happen in individual games but no OL is perfect every week and it seems that JC can't do a thing unless his OL is on. If the OL is off then he's off. He can't make adjustments or read D's and it's just getting us and him killed.

Wow, thanks guys, it was pretty fun watching some of you go at each other; I needed the entertainment!

I wish TC were left in the game for some of the 2nd half, just to see what would happen. A different decision was made, and we all know the result.

But 1 thing that bothers me is, being the coaching staff was watching the "rape" of the Skins and JC, the o-line being ineffective, rb's not chipping d-linemen coming in, etc etc, why would they not adjust the playcalling a little to at least give JC a little more time; i.e. more shotgun, quicker releases?

It was just pathetic performances from all parts of the team, and i'm not a JC supporter, but that was probably the worst i've ever seen him play, and really not looking forward to watching any more of it.

Just put TC in, hec, suit up Zorn for all I care, but JC's time here and his performance pretty much sealed his fate here. I don't think Shanny will tolerate that playing ability for more than 1 qtr...

I would have little issue with keeping JC here and giving him a chance with a rebuilt OL as long as his successor is brought in too. Draft a QB and fix the OL in the draft and through FA. JC can get a chance behind a new/better OL and the rookie can take a year/two to get acclimated to the NFL while the OL improves and improves.

Perhaps JC explodes and those of us who want JC gone have to eat some crow. Or maybe JC muddles in the middle as always and the new guy is given the reins in a year or two. One way or the other the OL is better and hopefully the QB is too.

I would agree with this scenario... My only thing is I don't want to invest greatly in a QB until we fix the O-line. Meaning I don't want to spend any high picks on QB right now seeing as though the O-line is in a DIRE situation.

If we picked up a QB in the 4th or 5th round to groom for a couple years, I would be 100% fine with that. Even if we let JC walk, and let Colt Brennan play... fine with me.

My only thing is we are not in a position to invest heavily, or use what resources we have on a QB when the O-line is unstable.

I for one think that the upper echelon of QB's in the NFL could succeed behind our line.

its amazing what hot routes and Pre Snap recognition can do for your ability to release the ball early.

i'd like to know your defiinition of 'success'.

not saying campbell is great. i think collins probably is a better fit behind this line and probably for the WCO.

and i'm not saying hot reads and pre snap recognition cant help, but i think it only goes so far. the line cant pass pro for dick. watching other teams, the qbs have all day compared to campbell. its ridiculous and embarrassing.

i just cant bang on our qb for putting up avg numbers behind the worst line in football. common sense says hes doing something with nothing, and not the main problem.

The logical move here is to bring JC back with a sound direction from the FO, and see what we have. We can draft a QB and develope him behind JC. This o-line needs to be addressed. We are in a division with the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants. Each team beleives in pressuring the QB. This is not the NFC West. You better have a good line, or your QB is going to get decked. Eli Manning had a 0.0 qb rating against the Ravens one year. The Giants didn't panic. They went out and drafted Chris Snee, and sured up the o-line. The result was a Super Bowl. This franchise keeps missing the mark. Hopefully Bruce Allen is part of a smart minority. The fans on this site suck. I really think the fans are part of the problem. Did anyone see the stadium on Monday.....we have no heart, and the dumb as ever.

I would agree with this scenario... My only thing is I don't want to invest greatly in a QB until we fix the O-line. Meaning I don't want to spend any high picks on QB right now seeing as though the O-line is in a DIRE situation.

If we picked up a QB in the 4th or 5th round to groom for a couple years, I would be 100% fine with that. Even if we let JC walk, and let Colt Brennan play... fine with me.

My only thing is we are not in a position to invest heavily, or use what resources we have on a QB when the O-line is unstable.

I tend to disagree with this. If you have a chance to land a potential franchise QB you take it. If Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford (or insert the college QB you think has the best chance of NFL success) is available to us in our spot we have to take it. The OL can be addressed in rounds 2-7 and in FA.

A QB in round 1. OL in rounds 2 & 3. OL in FA (no I don't mean big splash FA either) and our OL will be 5 times better already. Next year OL is drafted for again and voila in 2 years we have a QB with his first NFL season under his belt and an OL featuring young talent.

QB's take too long to develop to wait around. Get the QB into the system and get him learning while the OL is being fixed. Also, do NOT put him behind the OL until it is fixed.

Just shut up before you say something really stupid

Quotes from Rush. Pick which one is stupid you South Carolina backwoods hick! I am surprised you even own a computer and have power considering Mark Sanford used half of the budget to fly to Brazil to cheat on his wife. South Carolina.You folks cannot drive and everyone their reads on a 3rd grade level. Worst state on the planet. Everytime I am on I-85 trying to get home it is one of you backwoods bama's with your non-inspected smoke spewing vehicle driving 30 when everyone else is almost at 85.You shut the Hell up! All your football teams suck.Clemson , Game****s.But do not worry basketball season is here. O never mind. Your state is is full of sick freaks likethe guy in Myrtle Beach who keeps having sex with animals.Disgusting South Carolina folks!!

Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

To an African American female caller]: Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.

I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.

Obama’s entire economic program is reparations

I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

I tend to disagree with this. If you have a chance to land a potential franchise QB you take it. If Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford (or insert the college QB you think has the best chance of NFL success) is available to us in our spot we have to take it. The OL can be addressed in rounds 2-7 and in FA.

A QB in round 1. OL in rounds 2 & 3. OL in FA (no I don't mean big splash FA either) and our OL will be 5 times better already. Next year OL is drafted for again and voila in 2 years we have a QB with his first NFL season under his belt and an OL featuring young talent.

QB's take too long to develop to wait around. Get the QB into the system and get him learning while the OL is being fixed. Also, do NOT put him behind the OL until it is fixed.

Sounds nice but we all know that if we take a 1st round QB, our fans are going to be screaming for him to play during his rookie year behind a not so great line. ESPECIALLY if Campbell is still our incumbent starter.

We also don't have a 3rd round pick this year... So it kind of puts us in a bind... IMO the general talent level drops off after about the 3rd round. You can routinely find starters in round 1-3... after that you're picking up mostly back ups or project players with talent.

Sounds nice but we all know that if we take a 1st round QB, our fans are going to be screaming for him to play during his rookie year behind a not so great line. ESPECIALLY if Campbell is still our incumbent starter.

We also don't have a 3rd round pick this year... So it kind of puts us in a bind... IMO the general talent level drops off after about the 3rd round. You can routinely find starters in round 1-3... after that you're picking up mostly back ups or project players with talent.

I agree completely about the fans! But obviously I say "eff the fans" - let the new FO do it's job, this thing is going to take more than a year to fix.

I didn't realize we were missing our 3rd rounder this year. Still I think the QB is the best call and for the same logic. The damn draft is a crap shoot half the time anyway. An LT or a QB could be a bust and either way leave us screwed.

As long as our first pick is QB or OL I'll be happy. I am personally pulling for it to be a QB but if they go OL I'll be smiling.

Well then lets hear it.

You want to use Collins dropped TD pass to say he outperfromed Campbell. Do I really need to go find where Campbell has sure TD's dropped? Is you memory that selective?

Why didn't he play well? He was in one series that got into field goal range. Prior to that we had 1 first down in 4 drives.

Who Collins? I did not say he didnt play well. He also did not "clearly" outperform JC. He made one nice pass to Moss. After that were 2 incompletions by Collins, a delay of game by Collins, and a short dumpoff to ARE that got us in field goal range.

I apologize if I dont find that a brilliant performance by Collins.

How are you equating both the QB's play when Campbell made mistakes the pick 6?

And Collins mde mistakes with a couple of bad passes and a delay of game. Campbell also threw for one TD and drove the team a few times, once to the 2 yard line for a Ganther TD.

Its not irreverent at all, not only did the Steelers have the same exact defense, they had more offensive weapons with Plaxico and Bettis, and they went 6-10 with Tommy Maddox.

Ben instantly made them better.

Its very irrelavant. Maddox also drove that "same exact" team deep in the playoffs the year prior. They were 2 games shy of a SB appearance. Dont repaint history to make it like Ben came in and saved a drowing franchise.

And they were not the "same" team. There were key players on the 2004 team (Plomalu, Staley, etc...) that were not there during 2003. A QB did not "fix the franchise".

Jason is having one of his best statistical years, that doesn't mean he's having a good statical season. By the end of the year his stats might be decent.

Ben has a 2:1 touchdown to int ratio, a 100+ rating, 8.6YPA, 67.7% completions, statistically he's having an excellent season.

The fact that he's played poorly in a few games and the Steelers are 7-7 is why he's not having a great season.

Thats funny, because Ben had a worse year last year and the haters considered them good. JC has better numbers (this year) than Bens (from last year) and Campbell is not good. Do all the haters use every conceivable double standard to discredit JC while lifting any other QB in the NFL to "good" status?

Its a joke. A complete and utter joke.

The fact that JC wasn't able to challenge the Giants downfield and Collins had two very nice long passes in 4 attempts tells me that Jason could've done more to help the offensive line than he did. The line was horrible, but if you can only throw screens and short passes to the flat, the defense will pin their ears back and come after you. The defense was the worst part of the game, but the offense was painful to watch also.

He had one long pass. The other was a short pass to ARE who ran for 11.

This is the offense the Skins run.What difference does it matter how we get yards.Look at JC stats and Yards per attempt.......whats wrong with that?

this is the offens the SKins run? like screen pass every play? what are you a comedian? so collins comes in and throws deep and goes vertical instantly?

its not what the skins run. its what the QB cant do. it aint hard to understand. every play has long route, short route, check down...

it's what the QB do with it. candle cant make throws in tight coverages and his inaccuracy prevents him to throw short passes.

i hope that was educational.

I dont htink he realizes that if that is a useless stat for Campell, its a useless stats for every QB... meaning that Brady comp % of 64.5 is meaningless because we cant disct it and get to the ins ond outs o the reason it is the way it is.

AKA: I really dont know what I'm talking about when it come to grading a QB so because thi evidence does not support my view, it must be omited...

again, this guy doesnt know football and he doesnt read posts. what did i say about dissecting stats. dont just post it. analyze it. these homers are cluleless and cant even analyze stats. its how those Comps come. what type of throws do these comps come by?

Campbell is a below average quarterback. At times I have argued that he is terrible.

But he shouldn't be called Candle.

And use of the term detracts from the posters argument. It does not advance the argument.

we are not here to cater to your needs. i'll call him whatever i want and am here to chat football. hard to understand?

So you guys think Collins could perform behind this line for an entire game? For an entire season?

Stop joking around and get real. Collins had one good pass and then stalled the drive.

why wouldnt he be able to? collins got a broken back or something?

Really? You believe this?

How many TD's were scored under Collins watch in both the KC game and the Giants game combined?

Why is this guy a Redskins fan? he plays one half vs cheif and puts up 6 pts to candle's 0. and mind u, this is 40 yrs old career backup, doesnt practice with starters, hasnt had a start in almost 2 yrs.

then he plays for 3 mins vs the giants and gets more yards than candle, moving the ball showing signs of life in offense. attacking the secondary. would've scored more than candle that played 28 mins with no points.....

i really wonder how some of the homers think sometimes.

This guy has me laughing hard. Saying Collins played bad in the Giant game makes you lose all credibility period. Sorry pal. Can't even read the rest i'm laughing so hard. Next he will say the "defense played great" or "what a play call by Zorn at the end of the half" or "it was hot outside Monday night".....

nah nah. he will say defense played terrible and zorn's call was horrendous.

he only does it with candle.

why do we have redskins fans liek this cat? i have no clue!

because that "vet" is slow and has a penchant for failing when this team needs him the most. and for every nice game he has, he has 4 bad ones.

hes had a good line before and squandered it, he doesnt need anymore time, he is what he is.

and i dont think a better line would fix campbell anyways. a line wont make him read a defense, call better audibles, have a faster release, and increase his decision making skills.

aaron rodgers would have this team easily at 8 wins right now. i dont even have a doubt in my mind. did anyone watch the steelers game from sunday? theyd blitz guys and he'd pick it up, and right before getting clobbered throw a great strike to a guy on a slant. rodgers is the king of picking up the blitz, and his oline is not very good.

hes the exact reason why the oline argument goes out the window. when you have a smart QB that can read a defense and keep teams from blitzing the bejesus out of you, your oline doesnt get blitzes heaped upon it all day.

what i wouldnt give to have a guy like that.

This!!! This is the ideal solution.

Archived