Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Campbell Declares for Draft

method man

EDIT:

Anthony Davis, OT from Rutgers, has declared also.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4753887&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

I feel this deserves its own thread because I think he's probably high on our draft board, given our history of scooping up Maryland linemen and our need at LT.

This also changes the landscape at OT more in this coming draft and pushes the count up to at least 5 1st round OTs (Okung, Williams, Brown, Davis, and now Campbell).

On Campbell, himself, he is extremely athletic and has all the tools, but he has durability and technique issues. He'd need to work with a good OL coach at this level and I doubt Bugel comes back.

I like this kids work ethic / potential, just a little concerned with how quickly he came out of no where and onto the draft boards.

Unfortunately Okung will probably be gone by the time our slot comes up which means we will most likely be reaching if we go OT and pass on the bpa.

How many high round tackles are busts? I think taking any tackle in the 1st or 2nd round will get you an eventual starting caliber player. It seems very rare that one of them will be total busts (honestly, I can only think of our own Mike Williams), but other than that, any of them would be better than what we have now. I'd prefer to get someone like Okung, but if we get a OT -- any OT-- in the 1st or 2nd, I'd be happy.

He is a massive human being when you actually see him. Maryland has produced some serious work out and combine warriors over the last few years, and Bruce will be the next.

He is actually a better pro prospect than Jared Gaither, and we all see how that turned out for Baltimore.

Gaither went undrafted though. Not saying he isn't a good player, but on draft day he wasn't considered worth of a pick.

Gaither went undrafted though. Not saying he isn't a good player, but on draft day he wasn't considered worth of a pick.

As said in the post above Gaither was drafted in the supplemental draft with a 5th round, so Gaither was actually drafted. Just like Jarmon was drafted with a 3rd round pick by the Skins.

Archived