Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft: Report: Snyder offered job to Shanahan in March

twenty-eight

Thanks for the update J. it completely makes sense. Still seems a bit fluid 'cause Dallas could screw up a free lunch. :D

Ahh thats what i am trying to get people to understand Shanny is Dans guy make no mistake about , but that does not mean he is a done deal in DC . It just means Dan is taking the steps to try to beat everyone to the punch, a good case of this is Cutler , Cutler was going to be a Skin and then the Bears jumped in at the last second and took him because Denver didnt care for Jason . So Dan got the GM Shanny wanted , He made it that he only has to meet Gray really quick and he is free to hire Shanny then . why is he doing this because he knows he is not alone on shanny . Couple weeks left in the season and a lot can change , but the current news of skins and them after shanny is 100% true

Ahh thats what i am trying to get people to understand Shanny is Dans guy make no mistake about , but that does not mean he is a done deal in DC . It just means Dan is taking the steps to try to beat everyone to the punch, a good case of this is Cutler , Cutler was going to be a Skin and then the Bears jumped in at the last second and took him because Denver didnt care for Jason . So Dan got the GM Shanny wanted , He made it that he only has to meet Gray really quick and he is free to hire Shanny then . why is he doing this because he knows he is not alone on shanny . Couple weeks left in the season and a lot can change , but the current news of skins and them after shanny is 100% true

And that's the important thing to understand here. What jsteelz & I have both been putting there is current. Anything can change at a moment's notice.

We've both noticed some here taking it like gospel truth that everything is going to happen. It may, it may not. But for right now, we're giving you where things are at currently.

So, what's Shanny waiting for? Dallas? :doh:

It's been too quiet on the Chucky front, especially since he's in town for the MNF gig.

What's also puzzling is the timing on the Vinny/Allen thing...especially since no one was pounding down Allen's door to hire him.

I'm speculating Chucky said yes, and it's the ESPN contract that's still being worked out.

DS doesn't like to show his cards until the last minute.

What's also puzzling is the timing on the Vinny/Allen thing...especially since no one was pounding down Allen's door to hire him.

The guys answered the timing thing. Allen needed to be in here to pull the trigger on Shanahan quickly and before others came courting.

And that's the important thing to understand here. What jsteelz & I have both been putting there is current. Anything can change at a moment's notice.

We've both noticed some here taking it like gospel truth that everything is going to happen. It may, it may not. But for right now, we're giving you where things are at currently.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have a real tough time comprehending this basic premise. Sadly, those folks tend to ruin things for the rest of us.

And there's the difference. :)

Granted...but, what's the snag? He doesn't like the parking space they'll give him?

I'm still looking for something unexpected...it's to be expected when it comes to DS.

Also, I can't find it right now, but wasn't there some bad blood between Shanny and Allen at some point. Maybe I had too many peppers and dreamed this last night. ;)

exactly!

you mean there's a negotiation process where all parties assess their options?

no...say it aint so.....what's in the drinking water in annapolis that drives some to imagine the obvious is insight......:doh:

Lookie, I have a new shadow!

Dude, pulling the trigger on Allen must have been spurred by some other event. Either a coaching prospect showed intent, the League was satisfied with hiring rules or some other unknown circumstance that may come to light when all is said and done.

If DS was so pissed after the Detroit game, it took a long time to get to hiring Allen...

There's still a lot of stuff missing...and, talking about new coaching staffs for a guy who isn't hired yet just seems a little premature.

I'm just gonna stick this in this thread (thought it would already be it's own thread the way things are around here thse days)---Peter King on the Sunday Night pre-game just said he "asked Dan Snyder point blank" yesterday if Allen or Dan would pick the next caoch and King says Snyder told him "Allen will make that decision all the way." King then said he expects that when the "dust settles" at the end of the season, it will be Shanny.

I'm just gonna stick this in this thread (thought it would already be it's own thread the way things are around here thse days)---Peter King on the Sunday Night pre-game just said he "asked Dan Snyder point blank" yesterday if Allen or Dan would pick the next caoch and King says Snyder told him "Allen will make that decision all the way." King then said he expects that when the "dust settles" at the end of the season, it will be Shanny.

I see that as a great sign. Thanks for that update!

I think it's imperative that we operate in this way...with the proven football minds making the decisions.

To me, it makes the actual coaching choice less critical.

Favorite post of the year aside from Vinny's resignation.

Thanks for sharing that. King hates us and would do anything to make Snyder look like he hasn't changed.

I'm so sick of hearing all the "Snyder is not nice to people" garbage. If Jim Zorn was winning games, Snyder would be praising him and signing him to a ten year contract. This is a cutthroat business/sport, you have to stay one step ahead of everyone, and if the guy you have as a coach, player, or GM is not getting it done, you have to have a plan b.

I'd be more disappointed if Snyder missed out on getting quality people because he didn't want to hurt other's feelings!

The only time I would fault an owner as "unfair" in the NFL, is trying to weasel out of paying a contract, like Davis did with Lane Kiffin.

I'm so sick of hearing all the "Snyder is not nice to people" garbage. If Jim Zorn was winning games, Snyder would be praising him and signing him to a ten year contract. This is a cutthroat business/sport, you have to stay one step ahead of everyone, and if the guy you have as a coach, player, or GM is not getting it done, you have to have a plan b.

I'd be more disappointed if Snyder missed out on getting quality people because he didn't want to hurt other's feelings!

The only time I would fault an owner as "unfair" in the NFL, is trying to weasel out of paying a contract, like Davis did with Lane Kiffin.

Lol, like Snyder is trying to weasel his way out of paying Gregg Williams?

Also, Snyder's plan B could have been to fire Zorn, hire an interim coach, and then conduct the coaching search out in the open instead of embarrassing Zorn like this. It is possible to be "one step ahead of everyone" and also act like a decent human being.

Allen wasn't on board at that time. Can't we just see things at face value and not always dig for conspiracies?

Here's the face value: Allen supposedly has 100% control. Shanahan isn't under contract here and Jim Zorn is, so it wouldn't matter what happened in April, it matters what Bruce Allen wants to do RIGHT now, now that he is GM.

This is so simple, some of you guys are trying to over complicate this way too much. Sure, Allen decides who the HC will be, but take a step back and look at the big picture. Danny wants Shanny that much is evident. Do you HONESTLY think Danny will hire a guy at GM who could potentially derail his attempt to sign Shanny? Of course not, Danny hired Allen because he knows it sweetens the deal for Shanahan and that they are close friends. It is nailed on that we are going for Shanahan, actually completing the deal and getting him is another story.

Archived