Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: Rumor Central: Allen hiring Redskins icon soon?

HigSkin

Williams, Gruden and Allen built a power house and won a game this year.

Wow this has created a circus for our team down the stretch of the season. I cant imagine the distractions they must be facing with all of these front office speculations.

I'd love to see Doug back in DC. I truly think Gibbs took Campbell because of his relationship with Williams. If you read fourth and a mile, Gibbs was really involved in big Doug's life. I'm all for Doug coming in, this is starting to look like a real Front Office and not the Vinny show.

besides, the Second Quarter of SB XXII is still my best memory as a 'Skins fan

I read Williams contract is up at the end of this season. Not 100% sure if that's correct but it would mean he is a essentially able to walk if he wants.

I have no idea if he is a good personnel guy or not but we should not be bringing him in just because he was QB on a Super Bowl team here. If he stands on his abilities as a front office guy fine.

I have read good things about Campbell and Brown in our current structure. Why not promote from within is my feeling.

I'm with you. I'm questioning what Williams has done as a player personnel guy that would warrant his hiring over Brown and Campbell. It would seem like a Snyder driven move if we did bring in Doug. I mean, nothing against the guy, but is he really the best qualified? Or is he just another reach in the nostaligia bin in order to pacify the fanbase?

I guess now we just have to put our trust in Allen.

Here's what I find odd. I know he's an Allen guy but does this type of staffing matter to Shanny or is he giving the "ghost" okay?

My guess is that in the discussions we have had with Shanny he has set out the structure and people he wants as a condition of him coming on board.

What we are seeing now is that structure and staff being assembled. I'm assuming Shanny will have the same title and authority that Joe Gibbs gad with Allen essentially reporting to him.

Thing is he was simply a scout, not like, the head personel guy. So it depends on what role we'd give him. You don't know which players he had say in down there so it'll be tough to really judge him. What we do know is that he was retained by ownership when Bruce Allen was fired. So hey, that can't be horrible, right?

------------------------------------

I am confused, do they always call a scout the ...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers director of pro personnel Doug Williams

I'm with you. I'm questioning what Williams has done as a player personnel guy that would warrant his hiring over Brown and Campbell. It would seem like a Snyder driven move if we did bring in Doug. I mean, nothing against the guy, but is he really the best qualified? Or is he just another reach in the nostaligia bin in order to pacify the fanbase?

I guess now we just have to put our trust in Allen.

Stick with your last line.

And just remember this little fact, the last time Williams came from Tampa to the Redskins, I predicted the Skins would win a SB that year. Is lighting getting ready to strike twice?

My guess is that in the discussions we have had with Shanny he has set out the structure and people he wants as a condition of him coming on board.

What we are seeing now is that structure and staff being assembled. I'm assuming Shanny will have the same title and authority that Joe Gibbs gad with Allen essentially reporting to him.

This is what I'm reading on this whole situation as well.

I read somewhere that before JC was drafted by the redskins Doug Williams told coach Gibbs that JC was the best thing since sliced bread and that Williams opinion of JC greatly influenced the redskins decision to draft him.

would not surprise to see Williams rejoin the redskins. actually like the idea of having a redskins great in the house.

Archived