Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Insider: Rumor Central: Allen hiring Redskins icon soon?

HigSkin

Sorry to all you DeCosta fans but I believe TK called this one....not a surprise. FO staff is rounding out nicely.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Click on link for entire article

Allen hiring Redskins icon soon?

While we sort through all the rumors zipping around the Internet about Mike Shanahan coming in to coach the Washington Redskins, a man who works for another NFL team -- but who guided the Redskins to a Super Bowl as a quarterback -- might be brought in the mix too.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers director of pro personnel Doug Williams could be headed to Washington to take on a similar position, according to some speculation from Bucs blog Joe Bucs Fan. There has already been some indication that Williams would not be retained by the Bucs following this season, and a return to Washington would have a symbolic impact, not to mention the actual capacity that Williams has shown for the job.

Not sure how I feel about this. I love the legend of Williams, but I don't know how strong he is as a personell guy. I think if I recall he wasn't a bad coach at the college level, but has he been a good scout? Does he have an eye for talent?

Seriously though...Thats my hang up as well. I'm going to try to do some research to see what i can find.

Seriously though...Thats my hang up as well. I'm going to try to do some research to see what i can find.

Thing is he was simply a scout, not like, the head personel guy. So it depends on what role we'd give him. You don't know which players he had say in down there so it'll be tough to really judge him. What we do know is that he was retained by ownership when Bruce Allen was fired. So hey, that can't be horrible, right?

Thing is he was simply a scout, not like, the head personel guy. So it depends on what role we'd give him. You don't know which players he had say in down there so it'll be tough to really judge him. What we do know is that he was retained by ownership when Bruce Allen was fired. So hey, that can't be horrible, right?

Not only retained, but wasn't he promoted?

Here's what I find odd. I know he's an Allen guy but does this type of staffing matter the Shanny or is he giving the "ghost" okay?

From what i've been hearing on Espn980 all day is that Shanny has indeed been giving his "ghost" OK. Atleast where the Allen hiring is concerned.

Archived