Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insider Source: Gruden offer is on the table (Rumor) (MET)

SkinzFoLife

For what its worth, I also have a friend who is close to Gruden. He told me a couple months ago that this was going to happen (and I posted it here). I talked to him this morning, and he is sticking to his story that Gruden will be the next coach. He may be wrong, but we'll soon find out.

I can vouch for you that you DID mention it.

It doesn't hurt to have a jump on negotiations with all those coaches you're interested in which is why I think there is a plan A, plan B and probably plan C coach and lots of rumors.

Good for Snyder.

Here is a note to all the guys who have buddies on the Redskins staff. Does anybody here think that Cerrato is the only guy getting axed? I'll bet there are going to be some buddies out on the street real soon.

On the good front, there are going to be some new buddies in town!

TK, any inside info yourself? What are the tea leaves saying this afternoon? We need some sanity through all this craziness!

Lots of info. But with the way half of the replies in this thread have been, I really don't see the need to post it in this thread.

Lots of info. But with the way half of the replies in this thread have been, I really don't see the need to post it in this thread.

no offense, but I'm not sure anyone knows for sure what is going to happen next. Every thread on here is someone's opinion. Even someone on the "inside". The Gruden offer on the table thread? Complete Guess. Shanahan to DC? Complete Guess.

Ever taken a scantron multiple choice test? Even if you guess, you sometimes get it right...

NO ONE saw the Joe Gibbs hire... NO ONE saw the Jim Zorn hire..., yet there were countless threads regarding "inside sources" for different coaches.

It would be nice if they not drag out the head coach decision for several weeks. The media will stay on this story and so will ES members too. It would be intriguing if Allen and Zorn start to get along--only wins can enhance their friendship for sure. If they have already confirmed the next coach, then Allen will have to fire Zorn so Snyder will not have to deal with Zorn. If Portis is gone then that is progress too. The players have done well without Portis in the locker room lately.

This is from my buddy who has friend that works in the Redskins organization. He knew about Cerato and Allen on Tuesday night. He just told me his source talked to Sonny and that they are trying to get Gruden to be head coach. I believe there may be a clause is Grudens MNF contract that allows him to leave for a coaching job.

Take it for what you will and I will bump this when he gets hired after the season ends!

LOL, who needs an inside source to tell them this move is on the horizon? Thanks for the heads up, but the Gruden move in way too predictable.

Ok, this is the breakdown. The source talked to Sonny. Sonny said the deal is on the table if Gruden wants it. He also said Portis will definitely be gone next year. But I guess everyone hear has already guessed that. So talk to Sonny if you want the real answer, so I guess this rumor is as accurate as Sonny's intel.

You talking about Jurgy?

Snyder did well to keep the secrecy on the Bruce Allen hire. How he was able to interview GM's, minority ones at that is beyond me. He and Bruce Allen know who the next HC is going to be. Snyder is quite clever. I have never heard of any owner conducting an inteview process like this in the history of the NFL.

I'd hate be Jim Zorn right now...

Why? I think Jim's known for a while that he was going to be axed January 4th anyway, the only difference is now it'll be Bruce Allen whacking him instead of Vinny. I'd love to be Zorn right now, he's made huge jack here in a position that he wasn't qualified for in the first place so he got over big time, and he'll be freed of having to deal with Danny 18 days from now. It looks like Holmgren is going to the Browns, so maybe Holmgren brings in Zorn there in some capacity. Zorn will land on his feet after all of the dust settles and the smoke clears.

Here is a note to all the guys who have buddies on the Redskins staff. Does anybody here think that Cerrato is the only guy getting axed? I'll bet there are going to be some buddies out on the street real soon.

On the good front, there are going to be some new buddies in town!

This is no laughing matter, Mike. Stray "buddies" are a huge problem in my neck of the woods. Sleeping on the couch, drinking all the beer, hitting on my girlfriend, spying on the Redskins... you should have a little more compassion than that.

You got any beer?

Archived