Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doc Walker, Tony Kornheiser think Chucky is coming to DC!!!

qcraftsman

I don't think Chucky's wife is shopping a house just for the Monday night visit.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=312114

Report: Jon Gruden Likely Coming to Redskins, Home Shopping In DC Area

By Chuck Carroll

Football News Now Staff Writer

December 17, 2009

Jon Gruden’s wife has been in contact with a local real estate agent in the Northern Virginia area seeking out homes near Redskins Park in Ashburn according to an unconfirmed report on radio station 106.7 The Fan which broadcasts in the nation’s capital.

There has been a lot of speculation that Gruden will become the next head coach of the Washington Redskins after Vinny Cerrato resigned from the team Thursday morning and was replaced by Bruce Allen.

Allen and Gruden have strong ties from their days together with the Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

A report on the station also stated that per a source close to Bruce Allen, “There is no way he will work with Mike Shanahan.”

Shanahan had been rumored to become the new coach of the Redskins both earlier in the season and in a report from Jason La Canfora early on Thursday morning.

I would love to see Gruden as the next HC, I love his passion for the game and he is extremely knowledgeable. He is young and I like him much better than Shanny so if this comes to fruition this would be the best present I could get for Christmas.

I like the fire too but I hope this Allen fellow can evaluate talent and keep Snyder out of the decision making process. I don't think Gruden will have a problem getting the team to play for him.

Very few owners in sports are completely out of the decision-making process. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Certainly, Cooke was part of the decision-making process and it turned out fine. What we don't want is a situation where Snyder won't let Allen do his job. Snyder being part of the process and letting Allen do his job are not and shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

I also love the fact that he breathes football (like Gibbs did in the 80s). One thing we won't have to worry about is Gruden NOT putting the time in. He'll be at Redskin Park around the clock. I like that.

+1

Here's the original "I love Tebow" article. It should be noted it's in the context of 'I want to travel around colleges, learn their offenses, especially the spread'. This guy is a football junkie:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsgruden08020809feb08,0,171394.story

Chucky = Retread. Be nice to find our own guy, you know like Joe Gibbs. I know Zorn or Spurrier didn't work out but I'd prefer a up and commer to a has been. That said, Gruden is young and has some gas left in the tank for sure.

Other notable retreads:

Dungy

Belichek

Vermeil

Parcells

Levy

The beauty of Gruden coming here is, he is not taking over someones superbowl contending team as he did with Tampa. This will be HIS and Bruces team, and I think this is what the fans want as well. Tampa was always Dungees team and I don't think most people felt Chucky had his heart there. This will be a fresh start for both him and the Skins faithful.

Danny will make this happen with one of the biggest splashes in a long time.

Chucky = Retread. Be nice to find our own guy, you know like Joe Gibbs. I know Zorn or Spurrier didn't work out but I'd prefer a up and commer to a has been. That said, Gruden is young and has some gas left in the tank for sure.

Gruden is not a has-been or retread. It's all about chemistry. If the Gruden/Allen thing works with Redskins Football - it works... if not, then not.

Archived