Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some JC Bashers are just sad,....

dc1

Just remember, per the JC haters on the board, everything that goes wrong in a game is directly attributed to JC, while anything that goes right is because someone else made a great play on a boneheaded play by JC.

It can never be because JC does something right.

So the fact that Campbell has thrown 7 TDs in the last 3 games has nothing to do with him? It's all the players around him?

Good to know.

Just remember, per the JC haters on the board, everything that goes wrong in a game is directly attributed to JC, while anything that goes right is because someone else made a great play on a boneheaded play by JC.

I remember after the Tampa Bay game people were saying that none of the INT's were his fault, and that he played great.

It goes both ways.

I remember after the Tampa Bay game people were saying that none of the INT's were his fault, and that he played great.

It goes both ways.

Agreed. You have the JC Lovers in one camp and the JC Bashers in another camp. They both are sad. The truth is, the verdict is still out as to whether or not he can be the long term solution for this team. But, I am of the opinion that he has earned the opportunity to come back next year.

Campbell is not playing great, but he is playing good. And yes that is much better than he has been. I do not see the changes in the O-line that some are talking about. Campbell has the same amount of time he has always had, he is just finally making the reads and he is not running into the defenders just to get sacked.

All an improvement.

Also the run game has only changed since Clinton has been out. I am not sure he was healthy. And if he was then he needs to go away. He fell when anybody got close to him. The young guys who have taken over are really running hard. They get yards after the hit. This now causes the Defenses to think about putting 8 and 9 players in the box. They now have to defend the whole team, allowing the offense to open up.

To me the question now is do we resign Campbell? I agree Campbell is playing much better but I am not sold on him being the future QB. I also do not want to draft another QB, the Skins have done that to many times in the last 10 years. (can you say free agents?)

I think the next 3 games will show if Campbell can play at a higher level with consistency. Two games are not enough, I want five in a row this season (since he has played well for 2 games and has 3 left this season) with continued improvement. AND A WIN OVER THE cowboys. (I also cannot remember him ever beating the Giants)

I've watched every play that Campbell has played in his career.

The Redskins record with him as QB is horrible. I know it is not all his fault, just like it is not all about him that the offense has produced these past couple of weeks.

I like the way that Campbell says that the game has slowed down for the rookies which is why they are playing better.

What has happened is the Redskins on offense have slowed the game down to match Campbell's lack of speed in every element of the game.

What it means is that Zorn's push for Campbell to speed up the game has failed. Zorn has given up. The offense is now operating at Campbell speed.

That's right, everybody else had to change. Everybody but Campbell.

He is too slow for my liking. We can do better; we can be faster. There are a lot of QB's who can do it for the Redskins. A lot.

I posted this in another thread Aug 31st and it still seems accurate:

Jason Campbell reminds me of Vinny Testeverde

Big Arm NEEDS a good line, and receivers that can MAKE plays and throws a STRONG ball

First few years in Tampa less than optimum to say the least lol

Matures goes to the Browns becomes CREDIBLE as a starter

A year or 2 in Bmore gives them respectability

BLOSSOMS in NY with what many here have not looked at a DISCIPLINARIAN coach, not a coddler or an excuse-maker, a results oriented take no bull man

Ends up finishing 20+ years in the NFL

To surmise Vinny was ALOT like Jason save for Jason can actually move, but Vinny became upper tier not upper echelon when he was given the PROPER supporting elements

I will add that personally I want to see Jason Suceed

Its my thinking that we somehow adjust our image of Jason to something that more reflects what it is he is

Big arm, not rah rah, when placed in the right situation can REALLY shine, but he'll never be someone that makes you drool and say "Oh my god, I gotta have him" BUT HE CAN WIN!

Ok, so you're in the fix everything else wrong with the offense (line, rb, receivers, coach) camp, so that JC can function optimally and not have to be relied upon to win games.

Well that is one way to do it. I think that is much more difficult to accomplish than finding a QB who can play at a higher level than JC who would make his teammates better. Far harder to field a whole team to make up for the deficiencies of one guy. Unfortunately he plays the one position that can't really be covered for.

What has happened is the Redskins on offense have slowed the game down to match Campbell's lack of speed in every element of the game.

What it means is that Zorn's push for Campbell to speed up the game has failed. Zorn has given up. The offense is now operating at Campbell speed.

That's right, everybody else had to change. Everybody but Campbell.

He is too slow for my liking. We can do better; we can be faster. There are a lot of QB's who can do it for the Redskins. A lot.

No matter how you slice it, "slow" offenses don't put up almost 500 yards against Gregg Williams. I really don't know what to make of this post. Because he's playing better than he has, it has to be because the rest of the offense has been slown down for him, not because he's seeing the field better?

Unbelievable. At least BLC and SoCal have arguments I can agree with from time to time. No offense man, but this makes absolutely no sense.

Agreed. You have the JC Lovers in one camp and the JC Bashers in another camp. They both are sad. The truth is, the verdict is still out as to whether or not he can be the long term solution for this team. But, I am of the opinion that he has earned the opportunity to come back next year.

Still out? How can it still be out after this many seasons? How has he earned anything? 4-9 with wins over the rams, bucs, and raiders. If we make a serious attempt to replace him, he comes back and wins the job in a real competition and he is the best we can do for next year, then we'll have to live with it.

I like the way that Campbell says that the game has slowed down for the rookies which is why they are playing better.

The JC haters are exhausting in the way you try to turn everything against him. Where does it say anything about the entire offense. Just the rookies.

And you are completely reversing the meaning of the way JC is using the phrase "the game has slowed down". It has a lot to do with the mental aspect of the game and not the actual speed of the game. It's the way the rookies are adjusting to Pro ball and comprehending what is happening around them.

How can you possibly say it's not a good thing. The first 8 games of the we scored 113 points. The last 5 games we have scored 121.

Seriously man. WTF?

It's bad enough when a guy with 5 posts starts a callout thread making the debate a personal issue and questioning the "aptitude" of anyone who disagrees with him. But when a mod stoops to this level it lowers the standard of the entire board. :doh:

you expected different? bahahahahahaahahaha

No matter how you slice it, "slow" offenses don't put up almost 500 yards against Gregg Williams. I really don't know what to make of this post. Because he's playing better than he has, it has to be because the rest of the offense has been slown down for him, not because he's seeing the field better?

Unbelievable. At least BLC and SoCal have arguments I can agree with from time to time. No offense man, but this makes absolutely no sense.

Sure, slow offenses can put up 500 yards against Gregg Williams or any other team. Some of the most dominant offenses in the history of the NFL lacked speed. They just dominated. Methodical destruction.

I didn't say he wasn't seeing the field better. They are really asking for less from him; the Skins have made the game easier for him in this lost season.

Campbell's average completion this season is only 5.1 yards, which ranks No. 30 among NFL quarterbacks. The average yards-after-catch posted by receivers is 6.2 yards, which is tops in the league. From the Post.

Last week, he said the game was slowing down for the rookie receivers. This week, he said the game is slowing down for him. After nearly two full seasons in Zorn's offense, Campbell says he's comfortable and feels "like the game's really slowed down."

But, Zorn really did and does want more, and he is not as satisfied as some of you: "This is his second year in this offense, and you can see glimpses of what this offense can do."

"It's not solely Jason," Zorn said. "We're getting better protection. We're running the ball. So we got a balance to our offense. I'm not trying to take anything away from him either. Certainly he is playing better."

Jim Zorn, yesterday, I believe.

Also, Zorn said yesterday about the benching of Campbell as it related to his play last week: "That was a turning point for him," Zorn said. "He had to make up his mind of how he's going to play this game. He's been tough-minded, if you will, on the line of scrimmage, in and out of the huddle, getting hit and getting back up."

I ask you, does this last Zorn comment mean that Campbell was weak-minded before getting benched? I am not kidding. Campbell talked this Spring about this inner dragon. I took it as a signal that this tough-minded guy was going to bring it this year, and lead the Skins to great things. Instead, we got milktoast. Am I greatly disappointed in Campbell, this my 32nd year as a season ticketholder. Yeah, you bet. I hope that makes some sense for you.

Anyway, I believed in Campbell enough to draft him in the 11th round for my fantasy football team. The other owners, who are all Redskin fans, thought I was nuts to draft him. I made the playoffs by benching Campbell after he almost ruined my season. Will I consider playing him during the playoffs? Sure. But if he goes into the tank again...

It goes both ways.

It definitely goes both ways.

Here's a shocker: Campbell isn't a Hall of Famer, but he's not Ryan Leaf, either! OMG!

wow! was williams actually on the field? awesome dude!!!!!

Still out? How can it still be out after this many seasons? How has he earned anything? 4-9 with wins over the rams, bucs, and raiders. If we make a serious attempt to replace him, he comes back and wins the job in a real competition and he is the best we can do for next year, then we'll have to live with it.

Because he has had played in 3 offensive systems in 5 years; he has not had a strong offensive line to play behind, and his wide receivers have been barely adequate. I was in the camp to get rid of JC. But his play over the last 5 weeks has shown me he at the very least deserves an opportunity to come back and try to earn the starting job next year. Funny thing is, I think JC will get of out DC the first chance he gets, whether it is this year or next. He realizes how dysfunctional this organization is with Dan and Vinny running the show.

It goes both ways.

this is my biggest issue. if anyone follows my posts the last 2 games, ive given campbell credit for playing well. trying to claim hes playing poorly at the moment would be stupid.

yet his biggest fans cannot admit when hes playing like garbage. this is what irks me the most.

and youre right, i remember reading post after post defending his effort in tampa and how it was malcolm kellys fault and santanas fault, etc. how come i can give JC credit for playing well the last two games yet his biggest fans cant admit when hes playing poorly?

The biggest haterz or whatever at least are consistent. Somehow the majority of people around here flipped from franchise QB, to average QB, to above average QB without missing a beat.

Plenty of people have made very accurate predictions about Jason Campbell only to be laughed off as haters. Atlanta Skins Fans said he was a reach in the first round, he was laughed off the board. I remember zskins trying to tell people Jason wasn't playing as well as we thought early last year, he was called a hater.

Hell, BLC used to be a huge Jason Campbell fan and changed his opinion when he watched our 2008 season flush itself down the toilet. Now he's a hater.

Personally, I hate the way this team has used Jason Campbell. This franchise QB nonsense has been nothing but a handicap to his development. Had we drafted him in the 2nd or 3rd round maybe things would be different. Very few teams do this with their QBs besides #1 overall picks, or already established QBs.

He was finally benched for the first time in his career despite numerous games where he played beyond poorly, games where we were down multiple scores in the 4th quarter and he was getting absolutely slaughtered by our non-existent pass protection. Look how he's responded since then. Turning point. I saw him do something on Sunday I've never seen in his entire career, draw the opposing team offsides with a hard count. On the road no less. Worlds difference from snapping the ball with Ed Reed sprinting into the backfield. His leadership at the line is much better, the sloooooow lethargic way this offense lines up after the huddle is starting to fade away as history.

If he could effectively read a defense, then I would be a glass half-full kind of person, but he has problems doing so. With things working around him, with targets getting separation, in the Shogtun where he can see the pass rush coming at him, he is very effective because he's big and tough in the pocket with very good arm strength.

Still not the franchise QB that he was supposed to be, IMO. I hope this franchise finally takes note of that and stops trying to build this team around him and just tries to build the team period.

. . . those were all quarterbacks that ES was clamoring after. Willing to give up a first round, or even multiple first round, picks for.

:doh:

Not really.

Very few people were willing to part with a first round pick for anyone and 2 first round picks wasn't even considered a realistic scenario.

Cutler Trade Poll: Would you make this trade? 14% were willing to part with Jason and a 1st round pick.

Not you personally NewCliche, but people just jump up every chance to point fingers. 75% of the time they're just making up garbage. The myth that this board unanimously wanted to trade for Jay Cutler was just that. About half the posters agreed he was a better QB then Jason Campbell, I think about 3 years down the line we'll be able to tell for sure. As far as actually trading for the guy? Hardly a popular opinion.

I'm just happy we have looked great as a team this past month. Other than the fired kicker everyone is playing as a team and for now JC is leading this team...I wish I knew he could play like he has for the past month for the rest of his time in DC. But that is for the FO to decide not ES...I'd like to see him stay at least 1 more year. We should get a QB in the later rounds to groom behind JC if infact he will be gone in 2011

HAIL

Well, for all of the JC supporters {not lovers} I have a question.

IF JC is with the Skins next year, and lets just say that he ends up being named the starting QB.

IF he comes out playing crappy like he did in the beginning of this year, do you dump him then, or do you continue to keep him and look for excuses?

Not trying to start anything, but he has improved, SOME; but for him to be here next year, and being named the starter, he better be in pro bowl form early, or it will be a very ugly situation; not that it isn't already...

Archived