Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2-4=Pitchforks and Torches; 4-9=We are on the right track

Lombardi's_kid_brother

i believe all of that. norv also has the help from phillip rivers and company, which does go back to the team being competently run, although the guys they find for norv are just monsters. i cant see many coaches screwing up with that bunch.

Except that Norv hasn't won anything with that bunch, never mind that the AFC West is one of the weakest divisions in the NFL. A good team SHOULD dominate that division.

He fired Norv. I would have kept him, but would not allow him the final say on any of the personnel decisions. Basically, that's his status now with the Chargers.

He does? Somehow I don't think so. That's part of the reason why Marty got run out of town, wasn't it? A power struggle with AJ Smith?

Norv inherited a pretty good team. That kinda makes coaching a bit easier.

lol, that comment was a little un-lkb. not sure why he said that.

I don't think fans realize the tunnel vision that pro athletes and pro coaches have.

I've worked with high school and college coaches who were very successful. And they couldn't name the other teams in their conferences. I imagine that it is 10000 times worse in the pros.

I could be wrong. But I would be willing to be that if you sat Jim Zorn and I side by side and asked us 20 questions about the 2009 Baltimore Ravens, I would have a better score. I doubt he has watched a second of them this year unless they showed up on tape against a common opponent.

The last 5 weeks, the Redskins have out-scored their opponents 121 - 97. And they've scored 30+ twice in a row (something many of you on this board said JC was incapable of) for the first time, since 2006 I believe.

Why can't we enjoy this?

Why can't we be proud of a team that has refused to give up despite being bashed by the media? Why can't we be proud of a team that has refused to give up despite being bashed by their own fans (and a bunch of nerd alerts who "gave up their fan cards")? Why can't we be proud of a team that refuses to give up despite losing 10 players to IR (including pro bowlers Chris Cooley and Clinton Portis)? Why can't we be proud of 3 sophomore receivers who refuse to give up despite being called "busts" by many of the so called fans?

So just for once guys, enjoy it. I know I am!

:)

i believe all of that. norv also has the help from phillip rivers and company, which does go back to the team being competently run, although the guys they find for norv are just monsters. i cant see many coaches screwing up with that bunch.

Over the past few years, that team has had more injuries to key personnel than any in the NFL. Norv Turner installed the Chargers scheme as an OC when LT was a rookie and nobody runs it as well as he does.

BTW, you're being inconsistent again. You said earlier today that the W/L stat determined the merit of a coach.

Except that Norv hasn't won anything with that bunch, never mind that the AFC West is one of the weakest divisions in the NFL. A good team SHOULD dominate that division.

I find arguing with you remarkable.

You are able to consistently defend the Redskins despite the fact that we have not won a division title since 1999 (under Norv, I might add).

Yet, you are also able to argue that every other team in the league is not impressive...despite having successs that dwarfs that of the Redskins.

Unless, that team happens to be playing the Redskins - in which case "What did anyone expect would happen?"

I have no doubt that if San Diego beats us, you will be able to justify it under the "They are a better team....what else could happen?" argument.

norv hasnt won anything?

2 division titles

3 playoff wins

both playoff losses were to the eventual AFC superbowl teams.

youll defend the redskins til youre blue in the face, and then claim norv turner "hasnt won anything" with the chargers?

jesus.

I think people seem to be missing the point LKB and others in "our camp" are making

There has been continuity with this organization for 10 years.

That continuity is the Snyderatto show running things, Vinny enabling Dan to make decisions

And the team has sucked. Short of a 5 game win streak in 2005, and a 4 game in 2007, the Washington Redskins have done diddly poo this decade

You hear that? 9 games out of 160, the Redskins have looked like a top tier NFL team.

Its a disgrace

And somehow, the so called "true fans" are point to us "agenda boys" saying we just want the team to lose to feed our egos

No. We think this team, as its set up now, sucks, and will never win a Superbowl. The best we can hope for is a 10 win season every 2 or 3 years

And that is unaccaptable.

And somehow, a 2-3 stretch with a win over the Raiders, suddenly people think we have something here

:)

Seriously, who feels "pride" for a pro sports team?

I am really puzzled by this.

The last time I felt "pride" during a sporting event was when Princeton beat UCLA - because I knew some of those guys. I was proud of my friends.

Chris Cooley would have to rescue a baby from a burning house in order for me to be proud of him.

I view pro athletes like I do plumbers. Do your job.

I don't think fans realize the tunnel vision that pro athletes and pro coaches have.

I've worked with high school and college coaches who were very successful. And they couldn't name the other teams in their conferences. I imagine that it is 10000 times worse in the pros.

I could be wrong. But I would be willing to be that if you sat Jim Zorn and I side by side and asked us 20 questions about the 2009 Baltimore Ravens' date=' I would have a better score. I doubt he has watched a second of them this year unless they showed up on tape against a common opponent.[/quote']

i think i know what youre trying to say, i still think that if jim zorn or any coach in the league wanted to do a breakdown on a team he was playing he could push a button and have every game they ever played brought into his office on dvd in a matter of minutes.

he might not know who percy harvin is, but he knows that #12 on the purple team can return kicks and catch passes from that #4 guy, and he can tell you exactly how each play happened and unfolded and why it worked or failed. all without listening to deion sanders.

I find arguing with you remarkable.

You are able to consistently defend the Redskins despite the fact that we have not won a division title since 1999 (under Norv' date=' I might add).

Yet, you are also able to argue that every other team in the league is not impressive...despite having successs that dwarfs that of the Redskins.

Unless, that team happens to be playing the Redskins - in which case "What did anyone expect would happen?"

I have no doubt that if San Diego beats us, you will be able to justify it under the "They are a better team....what else could happen?" argument.[/quote']

There is a difference between SD being a good team and Norv being a good head coach. :)

That's part of the reason why Marty got run out of town, wasn't it? A power struggle with AJ Smith?.

Marty and A.J. hated each other, but Marty would still be there if he hadn't crossed Alex Spanos. Marty insisted on bringing in his brother to coach the defense. Spanos wanted to maintain continuity with the 3-4, so he fired Marty.

i think i know what youre trying to say, i still think that if jim zorn or any coach in the league wanted to do a breakdown on a team he was playing he could push a button and have every game they ever played brought into his office on dvd in a matter of minutes.

he might not know who percy harvin is, but he knows that #12 on the purple team can return kicks and catch passes from that #4 guy, and he can tell you exactly how each play happened and unfolded and why it worked or failed. all without listening to deion sanders.

That's a micro issue. Jim Zorn can run circles around me breaking down film. I never said anything else.

I'm talking about a macro issue.

Before the season began I anticipated the Skins to be a team in the 8-8 to 9-7 range, which I predicted would earn Zorn a third year here. The results of the past few games are pretty much what I predicted before the season.....a win over a Denver team who I thought would struggle some under a first-year coach, tough divisional road losses to the Cowboys and Eagles, a home loss to the Saints, and a win against an Oakland team which I thought would still be in disarray.

So right now, this team is who I thought they'd be. Except I thought that we'd be 7-6 right now, which would have us in contention for that 6th seed.

What I'm still having a tough time wrapping my head around is what happened in all those games before the bye. The start to the season was unacceptable, and players and/or coaches have to be held to account for it. My mind says Zorn simply did not have this team ready to play.

Before the season began I anticipated the Skins to be a team in the 8-8 to 9-7 range, which I predicted would earn Zorn a third year here. The results of the past few games are pretty much what I predicted before the season.....a win over a Denver team who I thought would struggle some under a first-year coach, tough divisional road losses to the Cowboys and Eagles, a home loss to the Saints, and a win against an Oakland team which I thought would still be in disarray.

So right now, this team is who I thought they'd be. Except I thought that we'd be 7-6 right now, which would have us in contention for that 6th seed.

What I'm still having a tough time wrapping my head around is what happened in all those games before the bye. The start to the season was unacceptable, and players and/or coaches have to be held to account for it. My mind says Zorn simply did not have this team ready to play.

So far, in two seasons, Zorn has shown that he could not adjust when the league caught up to him in Year 1.

And he has had the team utterly unprepared to beging the season in Year 2.

And he has only had limited success this year once the Front Office took the car keys away from him.

Other than that, it's a good resume.

The team is far from alright but they are far from abysmal as well. They are playing competitive football now and the next three games are crucial against playoff caliber teams. Can the Skins be competitive, the way they have playing the past couple of weeks, yes they can. Still, the FO totally needs to change how it operates, vinny must go, the Jason Taylor trade proved that.

That's a micro issue. Jim Zorn can run circles around me breaking down film. I never said anything else.

I'm talking about a macro issue.

Either way, that still doesn't mean ownership should be listening to fans because they know about a Players favorite jello.

Running Circles around you in the film room, means they know more about Football, where it actually matters.

Either way, that still doesn't mean ownership should be listening to fans because they know about a Players favorite jello.

Running Circles around you in the film room, means they know more about Football, where it actually matters.

Fantasy Football Champs > NFL Head Coaches

...And somehow, the so called "true fans" are point to us "agenda boys" saying we just want the team to lose to feed our egos...

Let me point out that this thread is an attack on fans who don't agree with your position, fans who are happy with recent events. Your side is implying that we're rubes. Don't act as if you are being unfairly treated if we defend our position.

People right now are just waiting. Nobody feels better about this team as a whole.

Your a moron

Why are you even here?Didnt you mail away your fan card?

How the hell does anyone expect to get a SuperBowl ring it 2 years?

No matter who it is they should have atleast FIVE years to get things going.

So far' date=' in two seasons, Zorn has shown that he could not adjust when the league caught up to him in Year 1.

And he has had the team utterly unprepared to beging the season in Year 2.

And he has only had limited success this year once the Front Office took the car keys away from him.

Other than that, it's a good resume.[/quote']

Well, at least your giving Jim Zorn the benefit of the doubt.:laugh:

Whatever. It was a rhetorical point to a boring old-school Om argument.

Back when he loved us, Om used to post after every game that none of us knew nothing about nothing because the only people who knew anything were the coaches and they only knew things after watching the game tape.

So, you could never say that a playcall was bad, because you didn't know WHY the coach called that play.

It was really really really annoying.

How can you axe Zorn after Sunday's game? In one of the most dominating performances in Redskins history, they absolutely laid the hammer down on the Raiders. That earned him another year.

A bit of a simplistic view, and certainly not the criteria I would use in justifying why he should be back. I look at how they performed against the Broncos, the second half of the Atlanta game and how they carried that approach over to the games against Dallas, the Eagles, the Saints and yes, the Raiders.

The team easily could have laid down after repeatedly getting their hearts torn out but instead they continued to plug away culminating in that dominating performance against the Raiders.

Archived