Farbod21

What's the best album up here?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best album up here?

• Ready To Die (Notorious B.I.G.)
    • Illmatic ( NAS)
    • Reasonable Doubt (Jay-Z)
    • Enter the Wu (Wu-Tang Clan)

you guys retard*d, he had a great rookie year,he was geat in coverage last year i don't recall seeing him getting burned at all last year and hes having a bad 3rd year (just like ST) and everyone is slitting his throat. i swear if snyder is the clown of this league this fan base isnt much far behind him.

Landry is not terrible in coverage, he is too aggressive in coverage! He needs someone to come in here and teach him some discipline. He can be a great FS as well if he stops going for the knockout every play! He has the speed and ability to cover almost anyone but he keeps trying to jump every route and going for knockout hits instead of reading the route and form tackling. Its not that he cant do those things...

Landry is not terrible in coverage, he is too aggressive in coverage! He needs someone to come in here and teach him some discipline. He can be a great FS as well if he stops going for the knockout every play! He has the speed and ability to cover almost anyone but he keeps trying to jump every route and going for knockout hits instead of reading the route and form tackling. Its not that he cant do those things...

Does he give up big plays constantly? Yes. Does he fail to make the tackle? Yes. Does he produce a greater than average amount of 15 yard penalties? Yes.

This means he's a liability on the football field. Trade him because he's a headcase. Oakland might want him.

Does he give up big plays constantly? Yes. Does he fail to make the tackle? Yes. Does he produce a greater than average amount of 15 yard penalties? Yes.

This means he's a liability on the football field. Trade him because he's a headcase. Oakland might want him.

It means he needs to learn some discipline like I said before. He is over aggressive. It is good in some ways but hurts in others. We need a coach that can teach him that discipline he is missing rather than send him off to another team who can teach him that discipline so he can be a great player for them.

Landry is NOT Roy Williams. Roy Williams can't cover, whereas Landry is great in coverage.

Landry's problem is film study. He can't anticipate routes and he's biting on double moves because he rarely knows what to expect from certain formations. If he studies more he'll know teams tendencies and he'll surely make more plays. The guy is extremely athletic and is constantly running stride for stride with great WRs.

Only a fool can say that Landry is comparable in coverage to Roy Williams knowing that we've constantly put him in Cover 1 situations where he is the only guy covering the deep ball and he's pretty much shut down opposing teams deep ball game alone. These last few games he's made some mistakes, but it doesn't change that fact. Since Sean died he's done an awesome job not allowing the big play at Free Safety overall.

Landry = Negative Nancies New Scape Goat

Can't go off on Campbell as much anymore, lol.

Landry is NOT Roy Williams. Roy Williams can't cover, whereas Landry is great in coverage.

Landry's problem is film study. He can't anticipate routes and he's biting on double moves because he rarely knows what to expect from certain formations. If he studies more he'll know teams tendencies and he'll surely make more plays. The guy is extremely athletic and is constantly running stride for stride with great WRs.

Only a fool can say that Landry is comparable in coverage to Roy Williams knowing that we've constantly put him in Cover 1 situations where he is the only guy covering the deep ball and he's pretty much shut down opposing teams deep ball game alone. These last few games he's made some mistakes, but it doesn't change that fact. Since Sean died he's done an awesome job not allowing the big play at Free Safety overall.

Landry = Negative Nancies New Scape Goat

Can't go off on Campbell as much anymore, lol.

We've got plenty of those 'round these parts...

+1

+1

Ed Reed's film study is stuff of legend

I wish the coaches would challenge Landry to take his craft more seriously in film study and preparation:

WESTMINSTER, Md., Aug. 1 -- Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed always has been obsessed with watching game film, searching for tendencies or anything that might help him prepare for an opponent. This offseason was no different, except he knew that he had to put in more time, especially coming off such a frustrating season.

"It's a matter of finding ways to get around quarterbacks and knowing their reads," Reed said. "Knowing what they're looking at and studying them more than they study me."

............."It's from pump-faking to shifts to certain tendencies we have as a defense on plays we call, knowing that I'm going to be at a certain position," Reed said when asked how opponents prepare for him. "That's where the chemistry with another safety comes into play, where you easily switch off from a strong to a free safety. . . . You look at the things that coordinators and quarterbacks are doing, and more than anything, the coordinators are telling the quarterbacks to find out where [Reed] is and not go to that side."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/01/AR2006080101243.html?nav=emailpage

this has been an extremely depressing thread to read. i think we need to just keep LL at SS from now on. he has shown that he isnt capable of playing FS and can excel at SS. the rest of the season should be a test to see whether doughty/moore can hold down the FS position. if so, we are set for next season.

I went to LSU when LL was there. I am one of his biggest supporters, but I don't think he is worth the draft pick or the money. I believe that safety is a position that you can fill without a high draft pick, and on the cheap. If he progresses great! If he wants more money nope we can fill the position with joe off the street(see Moore and Horton)

At the time LL was the right pick, I agree.

I'm just imagining the possibilities.

He was only the right pick because we let Clark go for peanuts, just like we needed Rogers after we let Smoot go, and we needed McIntosh after we let Pierce go. We refuse to sign nobodies like those guys early, like the Eagles do, and then go throw out 1st and 2nd rounders to replace them and then cry when the high rounders don't perform any better.

IMO Marty Schottenheimer would have loved guys like Pierce, who he signed as a FA, and Clark, and had them re-signed much earlier than when it was too late. Of course, we can just let dependable guys go every year and then go throw a 1st or 2nd rounder at the position as well and then wonder why we are mediocre every year. It's why those with some sense love to hate Snyderatto so much, IMO.

Cut him a little slack on his coverage skills... That's not his natural position... He actually played much better yesterday lined up at SS... He needs to be close to the line of scrimmage. That's where he belongs. Even though his coverage is suspect, I think his biggest problem is going for the knockout hit too much and not making the sure tackle.

Problem is if you play him closer to the line you end up benching Doughty and pushing Horton further back on the roster and I think both of those players are better at SS than Landry as is.

I think Landry needs to take his job more serious. He got by on his speed on college where he could take bad angles and still make plays. Last year he seemed to be the invisible man and he wasn't challenged deep that much. This year teams are finding ways to take advantage of his over aggressiveness and he's taking the same bad angles he used to take in college, only now he can't get by on speed alone. He needs to learn better technique, how to stop looking into the backfield when he should be super gluing himself to his coverage responsibility. What are our secondary coaches teaching these guys when they keep getting burned on double moves? I seriously have to question them this year because our pass defense should be elite with the pass rush we're getting. Yet we give up the constant big play. Something needs to change.

Archived