Farbod21

What's the best album up here?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best album up here?

• Ready To Die (Notorious B.I.G.)
    • Illmatic ( NAS)
    • Reasonable Doubt (Jay-Z)
    • Enter the Wu (Wu-Tang Clan)

Laron Landry is really bad in coverage. I mean really bad. The guy cant anticipate a route if his life depended on it. He bites on double moves and is burnt time and time again. He doesn't have the closing speed to make up for mistakes and he often times goes for the big hit instead of the pass breakup, INT, or even sure tackle.

He is being moved to SS, but I am not sure if that will fix the problem or just make it worse because we have a lot more talent at SS than FS (Doughty, Horton next year).

Does this sound like R Williams? Big hitter, who is awful in coverage?

Cut him a little slack on his coverage skills... That's not his natural position... He actually played much better yesterday lined up at SS... He needs to be close to the line of scrimmage. That's where he belongs. Even though his coverage is suspect, I think his biggest problem is going for the knockout hit too much and not making the sure tackle.

Cut him a little slack on his coverage skills... That's not his natural position... He actually played much better yesterday lined up at SS... He needs to be close to the line of scrimmage. That's where he belongs. Even though his coverage is suspect, I think his biggest problem is going for the knockout hit too much and not making the sure tackle.

Oh yes, a potentially "elite" SS has trouble covering a potentially "elite" runningback. Just further proves he's overrated to the core.

way too harsh ...

he has been playing out of position and yesterday was his first game back in his wheel house and he killed. sure he got burned, but he got burned by a former first round pick that is a pretty dynamic and explosive player in his own right.

he was a beast yesterday ...AND OH YEAH...did you any of you see his INT? awesome play. i'm not an LL supporter by any means, but you all are ****ing for the sake of ****ing with this one.

he had a solid game.

He already has.

Most of us expected him to be a great player. :(

Well, "most of us" would have to be made up primarily of flip-floppers who can change their opinions drastically from week to week right? Because that's what most of the people on here do.

I think he'll prove a lot of people wrong as his career progresses.

BTW, tone dubbs, we drafted him to be our SS alongside Sean Taylor (who had a bad season himself). You can't tell me that wouldn't have been worth it.

At the time LL was the right pick, I agree.

I'm just imagining the possibilities.

At the time LL was the right pick, I agree.

I'm just imagining the possibilities.

That combo would have been so much fun to watch. Saying that, no one should mention how great a player Sean Taylor was and then imply that Landry's a bust (not directed towards you).

What amazes me is the lack of knowledge some people have on here. A lot of people seem to think that if Landry was moved to SS permanently that he would only have to help in run support. In some packages the SS is responsible for the TE or RB on pass plays. He was playing SS yesterday when McFadden made him his ***** on pass plays.

He is horrendous in coverage. Period. There is no way to defend it. Get over your cute little Landry mancrush.

LL is a classic underachiever in my book... he's failed to evolve as a player and as a result has given opponents a blueprint on how to beat him... his coverage skills out of college were lauded... I remember reading how he had never allowed a TD over him in all his starts... I think he really suffered from ST's passing and probably more than anything, GW's discipline being absent...

the guy's got incredible potential but hasn't done much to develop himself, and seems complacent making one decent hit per game and then celebrating like he just won the game for the team...

I hate to admit it, but you're kinda right. And Roy Williams made more plays then Landry does.

LL is a classic underachiever in my book... he's failed to evolve as a player and as a result has given opponents a blueprint on how to beat him... his coverage skills out of college were lauded... I remember reading how he had never allowed a TD over him in all his starts... I think he really suffered from ST's passing and probably more than anything, GW's discipline being absent...

the guy's got incredible potential but hasn't done much to develop himself, and seems complacent making one decent hit per game and then celebrating like he just won the game for the team...

Yea, if you read between the lines a bit, Landry isn't much of a team player.

He's kinda a knucklehead.

Well, "most of us" would have to be made up primarily of flip-floppers who can change their opinions drastically from week to week right? Because that's what most of the people on here do.

It's the end of his 3rd year, and he has been bad all season. This isn't some sudden change of opinion from anybody. It's gotten so bad that opposing teams now appear to be tageting Landry because they know they can beat him easily.

I agree with what bikie said. Landry's play has probably suffered alot from the absence of ST, and what seems to be no discipline whatsoever from Blache. This guy needed discipline, and lots of it.

It's sad, I wanted the guy to be great. Right now, he's not even good.

What amazes me is the lack of knowledge some people have on here. A lot of people seem to think that if Landry was moved to SS permanently that he would only have to help in run support. In some packages the SS is responsible for the TE or RB on pass plays. He was playing SS yesterday when McFadden made him his ***** on pass plays.

He is horrendous in coverage. Period. There is no way to defend it. Get over your cute little Landry mancrush.

I promise you there isnt a safety in the entire NFL that would have covered Mcfadden on that slant.

That was a matchup nightmare and there should have been some help over there.

Spot on, spot on.

I don't know if he's as bad, but he's really not that good to be a top ten draft pick.

Lets look at the guys we passed up to get this dude:

(7) Adrian Peterson

(11) Patrick Willis

(14) Darrelle Revis

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Hindsight is 50/50 *as the ol ball coach would say*

They went for who they thought was the best player for them. Landry had a great combine and thought pairing him up Taylor would give us an Epic Safety tandom for the next decade. They passed on Peterson because we already had Portis and they weren't going to spend that much money on two backs. If you want your head to shake look at who we passed to up to get Carlos Rodgers. That'll make you want to throw your head in a wastebasket. lol.

It's coaching, and player doesn't just become bad we've all seen him achieve in this league and for him not to live up to his potential falls on the coaches! I know you some will say these are paid profressional's and they get paid to perform but so do the coaches. It's up to them to get the players to play at a high level and to give them the tools they need to succeed. Does anyone really think the giants,ravens,eagles defense's are all of a sudden mediocre? It was there coaches that made them they called the schemes that made these guys perform at a high level and when you take that away you get average production.

Archived