Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Idea or Bad Idea: Trade Out Of Our First Round Pick?

zCommander

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The thing I don't like about threads like this is people assume it is easy to trade out of the first round. It takes two to tango and most teams aren't dumb enough to trade multiple picks to move up sevearl spots.

If even we wanted to trade down, there is a good chance nobody will want to move up to our spot.

The thing I don't like about threads like this is people assume it is easy to trade out of the first round. It takes two to tango and most teams aren't dumb enough to trade multiple picks to move up sevearl spots.

If even we wanted to trade down, there is a good chance nobody will want to move up to our spot.

I think that you're ignoring the desperate situation that many in the league are in for a quarterback, or a Suh-type tackle, or a Berry-type safety. Hell, even some running backs are moving up in terms of being needed.

The market is there this year.

#1. I don't trust this front office to get fair value in any trade

#2. Who's to say when if they trade down, they draft for something they need?

I agree with both.

I can't think of one trade where it was a fair trade... since Charley Casserley traded firsts with the Saints and we wound up getting Champ Bailey and a bunch of other picks that were used to get LaVar Arrington and Chris Samuels

2nd rounder and 8 million for Jason Taylor for one season?

Champ Bailey AND a 2nd for Clinton Portis?

The FRONT OFFICE that gets deals is the Pats:

4th rounder for RANDY MOSS.

You don't have to be mystic to know we have a 1st round pick (possible 9th or 6th pick) and if the conditions are right then to trade out of it. ;)

I don't know the conditions. So, this seems silly.

For some reason, all Redskin fans think they are Jerry Jones and want to trade up and down and left and right all the time.

I'm more of a "let's see what is there 10 minutes before we pick" kind of a cat. I love picking in spots 5 through 10 because you can get game-changers there.

I like accumulating picks in the 3rd and 4th round if you can, but we should not fetishize it.

I don't know the conditions. So' date=' this seems silly.

For some reason, all Redskin fans think they are Jerry Jones and want to trade up and down and left and right all the time.

I'm more of a "let's see what is there 10 minutes before we pick" kind of a cat. I love picking in spots 5 through 10 because you can get game-changers there.

I like accumulating picks in the 3rd and 4th round if you can, but we should not fetishize it.[/quote']

So is that a good idea or a bad idea? Your vote does count. :silly:

not going to lie.... it will be REALLY hard to pass up SUH if he falls to us.

I am ALL FOR trading down to get more picks and OL, but if SUH is there.... it'll be tough.

We DEFINITELY need offensive lineman.... and hell, bring Chase Daniel back here and tell him... "You see what Brees did???? DO THAT FOR US" and then wiggle your nose like the geenie and hopefully it'll happen! lol

Its situational. Its a good idea of if there is no one of value as to where you are picking. Its a bad idea if there is somone you believe that is a phenominal player. 2 good players for 1 great player doens't always workout the way you hope it would.

Agains, situational.

It all depends on the type of package that another team could offer the Skins. One team I would look at if I was running things would be the Panthers, no 1st round picks and and Human Interception Machine at QB. It just all depends on the package and hopefully vinny is not involved with the team or at least withthe decision process.

Well, let's see.

1. We don't yet know what our draft order will be.

2. We don't yet know everybody that may, or may not be available.

3. We don't yet know if we'll pick up anybody in free agency first.

and...

4. We don't yet know who may, or may not be willing to trade with us.

meaning...

5. We don't unilaterally decide whether we'll do it, or not.

Yeah, but other than that...:cool:

It depends a lot on which players we still have and what are need positions are. I would really like to get Eric Berry or Taylor Mays because I'm sick of LaRon sucking it up in the secondary. I have also heard from some College analysts that Berry can and would be willing to play cornerback and seeing as how Smoot or Rogers probably won't be back next year that would be a smart pick.

Unless it is with the Panthers. They don't have a 1st round this year. I would try to get as many 2nd and 3rd or even 4th round picks they have. :D

Get next year's first in addition. They need our #5/#6 overall, so let's get market value, not just the draft points. They're in a horrible position to negotiate, so let's take advantage of that.

Too early, man. We don't even know where we're drafting at, who'll be avaliable via FA, or what the draft board will really look like after the combine.

I'll tell you this, if Okung isn't there at our pick and Trent Williams is far enough down to make sense trading down, we should trade down. Man, we don't even know if JC or Zorn is coming back yet, so it's really hard to accuratley answer that question.

Right now, gotta say "bad idea".

Archived