Potential To Add 5 Picks

method man

If uncapped,

Cooley for a 2nd

Moss for a 3rd

Landry for a 4th

Rogers for a 4th

Campbell for a 4th

This, in addition to our own 1st, 2nd, and 4th, would provide us 8 picks in the first 4 rounds with the potential to add more to rebuild this team through the draft.

With those 8 picks, you could pick up a LT, RT, SLB, DT, G, C, QB, and RB.

Would suck to lose Cooley but think about it

If uncapped,

Cooley for a 2nd

Moss for a 3rd

Landry for a 4th

Rogers for a 4th

Campbell for a 4th

This, in addition to our own 1st, 2nd, and 4th, would provide us 8 picks in the first 4 rounds with the potential to add more to rebuild this team through the draft.

With those 8 picks, you could pick up a LT, RT, SLB, DT, G, C, QB, and RB.

Would suck to lose Cooley but think about it

I am ok with trading Cooley for a 2nd and maybe rogers but for a 3rd..BUT NO WAY IM trading landry for a 4th or Moss..

I agree with trading Moss and Rogers.

Cooley, eh I do like Fred Davis and I think he has potential to be even better than Cooley but something feels wrong about shipping Cooley off.

Landry...maybe but he might be better suited to be moved to SS if we can get a solid FS in here.

Campbell...sure, but what's your plan at QB? Rookie? What veteran available would REALLY be better than Campbell at this point? I'm not married to the idea of Campbell sticking around but I want to be sure that we have a better option in place.

i would be comfortable losing all of those players except campbell or moss.

i have stated it in other threads, but with that kind of turnover i think campbell would be a good constant to keep.

i feel great about kelly and thomas right now, but you still need moss because he could eventually be the ultimate slot WR. that is what he is built for. also could allow him to concentrate more on punt returns.

would love to see a WR core of

1 thomas

2 kelly

3 (slot) moss

4 marko

5 (rookie/young guy)

as for the other guys, i think a 4th for rogers is about right. before this year, i think we could have gotten a 3rd for him but he has really hurt his stock. might actually help us if he hits the market and no one gives him the moeny he wants. he was due for a big pay day a year ago, but has been just brutal this year.

would love to get a 4th for landry. just saw a thread on saintsreport.com that said something along the lines of "gameball to laron landry" for celebrating all day and then getting burned for 2 crucial touchdowns.

I don't want to see Campbell go. Not saying he's the answer...but he should stay if for no other reason than to be a proven backup or give a young guy a chance to learn and wait for a while.

I am as tired as any of Landry getting burned by double moves, throwing himself recklessly at a ballcarrier futilely, and then acting like he did something important every time he is involved in a play that doesn't result in a touchdown for the other team. That being said, I don't think we get any better without him given our current roster and I think his potential under a disciplinarian who can harness his ability and help him play smarter and more under control is worth more than a fourth rounder.

I would absolutely hate to see Cooley go, Moss is a tough departure because he's been one of the only solid/constant contributors to our offense (season-wise because he does disappear sometimes in games, likely because he's been the only target for so long) but I am smart enough to see that it is for the best for the team and we have young guys that are ready to step up and take over their roles.

Could care less about Rogers and I like the rest of our CB's so I'd be happy to see him gone.

No thanks on trading a young homegrown Pro Bowler. I'd much rather see what Cooley and Davis can do on the field together next year. Plus, no matter who's QB next year, they're still gonna need some outlet guys.

I'd rather re-sign Carlos and cut D.Hall.

It doesn't matter if we draft a QB, we should re-sign Campbell for something like a 2-year deal.

We need to see what a new defensive coaching staff can make out of Landry before we trade him.

As for Moss, I'd take a 3rd for him but I'd also be ok with him sticking around for one more year as the #2 or slot receiver (and trade ARE instead for whatever we can get) and to continue to mentor the young guys.

But cut Portis and Hall.

I don't want to see Campbell go. Not saying he's the answer...but he should stay if for no other reason than to be a proven backup or give a young guy a chance to learn and wait for a while.

I am as tired as any of Landry getting burned by double moves, throwing himself recklessly at a ballcarrier futilely, and then acting like he did something important every time he is involved in a play that doesn't result in a touchdown for the other team. That being said, I don't think we get any better without him given our current roster and I think his potential under a disciplinarian who can harness his ability and help him play smarter and more under control is worth more than a fourth rounder.

I would absolutely hate to see Cooley go, Moss is a tough departure because he's been one of the only solid/constant contributors to our offense (season-wise because he does disappear sometimes in games, likely because he's been the only target for so long) but I am smart enough to see that it is for the best for the team and we have young guys that are ready to step up and take over their roles.

Could care less about Rogers and I like the rest of our CB's so I'd be happy to see him gone.

Completely agree and I don't like Campbell but today he played out of his mind. Keep Cooley. Ditch the rest

I think Fred Davis can be better than Cooley. In the games he's started, he has 275 receiving yards and 3 TDs. If you extrapolate that to a 16 game season, that is about 730 yards and 8 TDs, which are almost Pro Bowl numbers. The impressive thing is that this is his first real season with playing time.

It sucks to lose Mr. Redskin in Cooley, but I'd rather get Cooley-like production out of Davis and fill a hole at tackle.

Well, if we don't want to trade Cooley, then let's hope Davis lights it up in these remaining 4 games so that we can trade him for a 3rd.

Simply stated, we need to keep one or the other because if we have both, then one guy (probably Davis) won't have the opportunity to contribute to his maximum potential.

Furthermore, moving Moss, a guy who is past his prime, would open up opportunities for Marko and Kelly. A slot receiver is not too hard to find. Johnny Knox was found in the 5th round and Edelman came out of nowhere. It is easy. You just draft a small route runner late who might not have great timed straight line speed but is very shifty and quick.

I agree with trading Moss and Rogers.

Landry...maybe but he might be better suited to be moved to SS if we can get a solid FS in here.

Campbell...sure, but what's your plan at QB? Rookie? What veteran available would REALLY be better than Campbell at this point? I'm not married to the idea of Campbell sticking around but I want to be sure that we have a better option in place.

No way I'd move Landry to SS. I would take Reed Doughty over Landry at SS any day. It feels really nice having a tackling machine like Doughty at SS. I'd cringe at all the tackles Laron would miss at SS. Furthermore, it is players like Laron who you find on losing organizations. Me-first idiots who hurt the morale of the team.

At QB, there are a few guys around the league I'd love to test out. I think Brodie Croyle would be an attractive trade target. Rumors are that he outplayed Cassel in preseason but the Chiefs stuck with Cassel, of course, because they gave him the contract. Another guy I'd want to give a shot is Brian Hoyer. There must be a reason the Patriots have kept this guy, an undrafted rookie, as the #2 QB, given Brady's injury issues.

You people are dense if you think we can just trade anyone on our team for picks, unless we're trading with ourselves(or maybe the Raiders I guess). Teams don't just give picks away for anyone. Hell Randy Moss could only fetch a 4th rounder. I know Jay Cutler went for a lot last offseason but he was a 25 year old franchise QB coming off a big year.

I think Fred Davis can be better than Cooley. In the games he's started, he has 275 receiving yards and 3 TDs. If you extrapolate that to a 16 game season, that is about 730 yards and 8 TDs, which are almost Pro Bowl numbers. The impressive thing is that this is his first real season with playing time.

It sucks to lose Mr. Redskin in Cooley, but I'd rather get Cooley-like production out of Davis and fill a hole at tackle.

Well, if we don't want to trade Cooley, then let's hope Davis lights it up in these remaining 4 games so that we can trade him for a 3rd.

Simply stated, we need to keep one or the other because if we have both, then one guy (probably Davis) won't have the opportunity to contribute to his maximum potential.

If Cooley gets injured, having a starter-quality backup is a "luxury" I'd be very willing to pay for.

What if we package Cooley and Fred Davis together for New England's 1st rounder...then we can draft Jermaine Gresham...seriously???????

Ok, Cooley and Davis together can be an amazing tandem...just think if you have both on the field at the same time, that means you don't need to carry as many WR's which means you can keep more OL on the active roster. I personally next year would like to see some 4 WR sets next year with Cooley and Davis on the inside routes...that is if the OL can block with only 5.

As for the WR comment above...I'm hoping next year the WR corps is Tana, Malcomb, Devin11, and Marko Mitchell...ship ARE off for whatever you can get.

Cooley for a 2nd

Moss for a 3rd

Landry for a 4th

Rogers for a 4th

Campbell for a 4th

In my opinion, tight ends are one of the easier positions to fill next to RB on offense, and we have two of them so it isn't exactly a big bargaining chip. Of course he made the pro bowl and he has great stats but he's coming off an injury. I don't think any team would give up a 2nd round pick to acquire him. I may be wrong but thats just what I think.

Moss has little to no trade value. He's a 30 year old small speed WR who hasn't really produced in an outstanding fashion since 2005. How many years does he really have left? A team would have to be insane to trade a 3rd rounder for him. I see a 5th being his value.

LaRon Landry, in spite of his terrible play is worth a late 2nd to 3rd round pick. Safeties aren't hard to find but he is still young and very physically gifted. I think he would be highly valued by other franchises in spite of his many issues.

I think Carlos walks next year doesn't he? I thought this was the last year of his deal just like Campbell. He doesn't want to be here so he isn't going to be back, on top of that only in Madden can you sign the best players to your team and trade them to other teams so I don't think he would even be available for that. Carlos is another player who is given a bum rep here. He has made mistakes but every corner does, even Darrell Green had some games where he got beat badly. It wasn't often but it happened. Carlos is generally very solid in his coverage and while he doesn't pick off passes which is awful, he is a sure tackler and a physical player. I think he is worth a 2nd to 3rd rather than a 4th.

Campbell is in a contract year as well. A. He won't sign and be traded like I said. B. If he was signed to the roster, you would have maybe 3-5 teams interested in trading for him. C. None of those teams are interested to the point of giving up a 4th round pick for a guy that they probably don't want to be building any long term goals around. D. He is only worth a 6th to 7th pick in my opinion. No good teams trade picks for backup quarterbacks. He will be one of three things: a backup for a very good team, a starter for a very bad team that isn't the Redskins, or a starter for the very bad team the Redskins who tried to **** him over last off season, don't have any long term commitments to him, and where the city in general isn't very kind to him.

In my opinion he gives the franchise and this city the finger and boards that plane to Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Carolina, St. Louis, etc. I wouldn't blame him.

So what you really have here is :

Cooley: 3rd or 4th

Moss: 5th

Landry: Late 2nd or 3rd

Rogers: If not FA, 2nd or 3rd

Campbell: No chance of obtaining draft picks.

You people are dense if you think we can just trade anyone on our team for picks, unless we're trading with ourselves(or maybe the Raiders I guess). Teams don't just give picks away for anyone. Hell Randy Moss could only fetch a 4th rounder. I know Jay Cutler went for a lot last offseason but he was a 25 year old franchise QB coming off a big year.

That's because, oftentimes, young starters aren't on the trading block. It's not like I'm suggesting trying to trade a scrub like Randle El. I'm suggesting the trade of legitimate trade pieces other teams would be interested in giving up picks for.

I'm all for building through the draft, but what exactly is the point of letting go of productive players an replacing them with lesser ones.

There's no way you're going to replace the production of Cooley, Moss, Campbell, Rogers and Landry with a bunch of rookies, and certainly not 3rd of 4th rounders.

Talent wins in this league, and judging by the last few weeks we're starting to finally uncover some of it at the skill positions.

Most teams dream of having even one guy like Cooley in their lineup, with Davis coming along nicely we could potentially feature two!

You build on that if you want to win, not tear it down.

People always post stuff like this.

In the last year alone, 4 different players were swapped for 1st round picks- Cutler, Seymour, Jason Peters, Roy Williams. 3 of those 4 were for more than just one 1st.

Just off the top of my head 3 players were traded for at least a 2nd- Cassel, Winslow, Gonzalez.

That's a lot of players for picks in one year, considering that teams never do those kinds of trades.

Archived