Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ronnie J Dio diagnosed with stomach cancer

thehogs

I'll reminisce:

I saw Dio at the "Monsters of Rock" in 1984 in Karlsruhe, Germany. The lineup went:

Motley Crue, Gary Moore, Accept, Dio, Ozzy, Van Halen, AC/DC. Well, when DIO played, he had power problems .. concert delayed twice. Then, when Ozzy played, he had power problems .. delayed again. No other power issues all day. The rumor was that they were ****ing with each other ... that they got into fisticuffs later. All in all, Dio rocked the house! Get well soon!

Dio still has it too. That guy has some lungs.

Blackmore is a cool guy, real nice. Used to show up and hang out at a tiny dark wine bar I worked at. He would bring his guitar and just play. Killer stuff.

Lucky m'fer!

:D

Get better soon Ronnie. We need you kickin ass up on stage!

Doesn't he have a brother who sings also ?

EDIT : I must be thinking of someone else - wikipedia says he was an only child.

He has a cousin that plays in a band called The Rods, David Feinstein. Feinstein was also in Elf with Dio. Maybe this is who you are thinking of?

He has a cousin that plays in a band called The Rods, David Feinstein. Feinstein was also in Elf with Dio. Maybe this is who you are thinking of?

Don't laugh at me, but I THINK I was confusing Ronnie James Dio, with Ronnie Van Zant.....I KNOW, I KNOW.....2 completely different types of music - but it's the family names that confused me, not the genre.......Ronnie Van Zant has 2 brothers that sing in bands, and like Dio, they have a triple name, or whatever you want to call it.

Archived