Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How should we approach the QB/OL situation in the offseason?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We're looking a lot smarter for not trading for Cutler. The verdict is still out on Sanchez, although he's looking pretty good for a rookie QB thrown to the wolves.

Obviously this is a hot topic. What do you think should be done regarding the inevitable moves to the offensive line and QB positions?

Take the OK guy Bradford, or someone else of his ilk, as I fully expect us to be picking in the top 3; and follow it with a stud tackle in the high second, then interior line-men on down from there.

And hopefully in between, we'll of picked up more picks to aid our plight through the trade route, and anything young we can build on through free agency.

Hail.

I picked draft a QB early assuming that a top QB is available and we have top 4 or 5 pick. But everything else would have to be OL, and we may need to trade players and/or attempt to "buy" 2nd and 3rd round picks.

There was no "take a QB if the #1 on our board is there, otherwise stick to OL" pick. If we have McCoy and Bradford at the top and they are gone, I wouldn't reach.

I would go OL early and often in both FA and the Draft this year. I know Kiper says you don't pass on a QB. But unless you're taking a top 5 QB and plan on sitting him for '10. I wouldn't do it.

Trust me,we are looking at a top 5 pick.Therefore,first rd,QB.second third and forth,OL.After that we'll just have to see whos out there.

We REALLY set ourselves back,or ummmm,the FO set us back by not drafting OL last draft when they were plentiful.

1 draft will not fix our OL problems.But 1 draft pick can fix our QB problems.

If we waste our first round pick on an OL then we may as well resign Jason to a mulit year contract and get ready for the same ole same ole.

Take the OK guy Bradford, or someone else of his ilk, as I fully expect us to be picking in the top 3; and follow it with a stud tackle in the high second, then interior line-men on down from there.

And hopefully in between, we'll of picked up more picks to aid our plight through the trade route, and anything young we can build on through free agency.

Hail.

Agreed. While I've been a JC supporter, I don't think it's gonna happen for him in DC. I don't really revel in the thought of starting all over, again, but if we get Shanahan and let him work with Bradford then we can finally stop the revolving door at that position.

I'd also explore trading for/signing a Chris Simms or Kellen Clemens to be a viable stopgap at the position if we don't go top 5 QB. OL is a must in the 2nd or trading back up into the late 1st.

We can't draft ALL linemen because we have other needs (RB, LB, FS) so we can't solely focus on one position group but we need to give it the respect that we hadn't in the previous decade.

We're looking a lot smarter for not trading for Cutler. The verdict is still out on Sanchez, although he's looking pretty good for a rookie QB thrown to the wolves.

Obviously this is a hot topic. What do you think should be done regarding the inevitable moves to the offensive line and QB positions?

Exclusively is a strong word.

Draft BPA focusing on OL

Re-sign Campbell

Open competition at QB

Dump Campbell, upgrade OL as feasible.

It's hard to say at this point. Does Brennan have any potential? What's the take on Collins? What QBs/OL will be available as FA? What QBs/OL are available in the draft? How do you rate all these guys?

In my book, a rookie QB should always sit for as long as possible. I would avoid playing one like the plague. So, if you go that route, can you get by with Collins/Brennan for a year or two? Or do you need to pull a vet QB from FA?

What OL are available in FA/draft? In my mind, trying to assemble an OL with super studs at every position is a fool's errand. You can get by with "good enough" at all positions, including LT (although "good enough" is still a pretty high bar at that position).

I have no real insight as to a step-by-step best approach. My approach would be based on the premise expressed in the first sentence.

who is picking the new top elite QB?? coach Z, vinny Danny??

at least with JC you know what he is. I'd hate to spend a top 5 pick on one of these fresh sexy QB's coming out this year only to have him bust in 4 years

I would like to see JC confident in his line just to convince me he's not worth keeping

I would like to see us draft a LB with our top pick and maybe if we can get a pick for LL, trade him and draft one of these great looking safeties coming out this year.

I would also however, like to draft a QB and O Line.

I would like to sign some FAs to the O line and dump almost everybody we have now.

If as many QBs are coming out of the draft as possible, we may be able to draft a few that slip and let them fight it out.

If the Skins have a shot to get a seriously potential franchise QB then pick them up. And try to trade some players for picks more picks in the 2nd and 3rd round and every other pick should be OL. I also wouldn't be upset if the Skins could land Spiller but QB and Oline needs to be focus. I think Campbell has the physical skills to play QB but he and the Skins need a complete fresh start.

I have no real insight as to a step-by-step best approach.

Imo, ^^that is the most accurate statement you've ever made.

Its also why you're wrong.

My approach would be based on the premise expressed in the first sentence. :Dump Campbell, upgrade OL as feasible.

Dump Campbell for whom?

Jason's the best QB on the roster.

He's the top FA QB after Orton, who will likely be re-signed by the Broncos.

If you draft a QB with a 1st round pick we just kissed goodbye to the best chance to find a true upgrade at either T spot.

Then what do you do?

Start Collins behind a beat-up OL until he gets broken then ruin Brennan or a rookie QB behind a beat up OL?

First things first.

Fix the OL.

I said draft a QB early, but the option I would go for isn't there.

1. OT

2. QB

4. OT/OG

5. RB

7. C/OT/OG

I wouldn't necessarily use the 1st pick for a QB, if the QB class is not that strong. But it is vital to get an OT or 2 in the draft, plus a RB late in the draft. We need more picks. That 6th rounder for J. Taylor is so stupid, that we are still paying for it, they should've made the fins give it back, since they got him back.

But, OT then QB, or OT then OT or OG. We really need 2 Tackles, 2 guards and a center that's all.

Archived