Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How should we approach the QB/OL situation in the offseason?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Imo, ^^that is the most accurate statement you've ever made.

Its also why you're wrong.

Dump Campbell for whom?

Jason's the best QB on the roster.

He's the top FA QB after Orton, who will likely be re-signed by the Broncos.

If you draft a QB with a 1st round pick we just kissed goodbye to the best chance to find a true upgrade at either T spot.

Then what do you do?

Start Collins behind a beat-up OL until he gets broken then ruin Brennan or a rookie QB behind a beat up OL?

First things first.

Fix the OL.

Look, you're infatuation with Campbell has dwindled your credibility to the point of almost non-existence.

Campbell is not the best QB on the roster. Collins is. And that doesn't mean that Collins is anything to write home about, it just means that he isn't as bad as Campbell. Brennan or Woodson MIGHT be better than Campbell, if only for the fact that we don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they aren't awful.

You see, Campbell is the WORST kind of player/QB - he tnatalizes with flashes/glimpses of potential. Guys you give an opportunity to but quickly show a lack of ability - they're easy to overcome. You move on from them quickly. But you combine Campbell's flashes with his physical ability, and coaches become certain that they're the ones that can draw consistent brilliance out of him. But he is and always will be fool's gold. He just can't play the NFL game fast enough, and has never shown that he can consistently do so. That would have shown by now if he could. He's not the first and won't be the last that couldn't cut it - it's a hard position to play.

Trust me,we are looking at a top 5 pick.Therefore,first rd,QB.second third and forth,OL.After that we'll just have to see whos out there.

We REALLY set ourselves back,or ummmm,the FO set us back by not drafting OL last draft when they were plentiful.

1 draft will not fix our OL problems.But 1 draft pick can fix our QB problems.

If we waste our first round pick on an OL then we may as well resign Jason to a mulit year contract and get ready for the same ole same ole.

We don't have a third. We took Jeremy Jarmon with it. Jeremy Jarmon should be starting every game for the rest of the season by the way!

For me its pretty easy. Sam Bradford if he is available. Lineman if he isn't. I wouldn't take a flyer on Klausen, Snead, etc. Bradford is the only relatively sure thing out there and even he is an injury question mark. I'd take the gamble on him though. Nobody else.

Campbell is not the best QB on the roster. Collins is. And that doesn't mean that Collins is anything to write home about, it just means that he isn't as bad as Campbell. Brennan or Woodson MIGHT be better than Campbell, if only for the fact that we don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they aren't awful.

Hello, reality check.

Todd Collins is a career back-up for a reason.

Brennan looked bad in preseason against 2nd and 3rd string guys.

Woodson is on the practice squad.

And my credibility is lacking?

You are the one saying that the 17th rated QB in the league playing behind the one of the worst OLs with a horrible coaching situation isn't better then his back-up or 3rd and 4th string QBs.:doh:

I don't want to side track the thread.

We both know where the other stands and you're entitled to your opinion.

Although i just don't understand the logic behind it.

HTTR!

We need to fix the OL.

i've said it before, i'll say it again

JC is a servicable QB.

Look at cutler and orton. You going to tell me those QB's just flipped their talent levels? No, one went to a team with a good offensive line (therefore a good running game), and decent WR's, and looks good ( not great, but good, and helps win games. The other went to a team with undersized WR's, a terrible O line, and no running game.

The results speak for themselves.

You can draft whoever you want next draft, and unless we build the O line, and get good BIG wr's (which may just mean growing our current big guys, to be better) you're going to have the same thing. We'll have another JC, Patrick Ramsey, and heath Shuler experiment - draft a QB with tons of potential, and ruin his career by the time he leaves.

That being said, JC wont accept a contract that is obviously 'you're here until we find someone else', and I doubt the redskins FO will offer him any more than that kind of contract.

It's a shame. We've ruined another QB, and another coaching prospect. Not sure how many times we have to bring in a new coach, and/or a new QB, before snyder (and a lot of fans here) realize that the problem is WAY bigger than just getting a new coach and/or new QB.

Best player available.

Campbell is likely here next season because of stipulations behind an uncapped season. Free agency and who is available when we pick in the draft are unknown at this point.

Obviously if we get OL or QB in FA it reduces or eliminates that need. I haven't really seen any worthwhile franchise QBs projected to be free agents, as that is typically rare anyways. So I'd assume we get 1-2 OL in free agency since that crop looks to be more promising.

So in the draft we'd have another 1-2 holes to fill, depending on how the season plays out. So in the 1st you go BPA. I believe Campbell can do well behind a good OL and with a good run game to compliment thanks to a solid OL, we can win games. So I'd say OL takes priority. However, if the prototypical franchise QB is there for us, and he is BPA, then that is the move you make. Problem is I don't see any QBs right now that look like they definitely could fill that role in the NFL.

Archived