Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan: Please re-sign Jason Campbell (merged)

21cents

Jason Campbell is not the best qb in nfl. But after the performance by jay cutler it makes me want to welcome campbell back next season. The redskins have the worst oline in nfl and horrible coaching. Campbell hasnt looked good but hes putting up decent numbers. The last thing we need is him going off to tennesse and making probowl. PLEASE RESIGN JASON CAMPBELL.

Get him good oline and a running game he will be in probowl.

Thanks~

I'm not sure why it would take Cutler's performance last night to make you want Campbell back next year, but i agree that the Redskins would be better off if we re-sign Campbell.

We need to rebuild the OL and drafting another QB or signing another QB doesn't improve the QB position it just gives us a different QB.

Especially when our very own Jason Campbell is at the top of the FA QB list.

Campbell gives us the best chance to win and if they FO thinks another QB could be an improvement it would still makes sense to keep JC and have them duke it out in pre-season.

One thing that Cutler had in Denver that he lacks in Chicago was one of the best OLs in the NFL.

There are many things this team should do 2 of them are:

Re-sign JC

Re-build the OL

LoL, you know the Bears run the WCO right?

:no:

The Bears run the WCO as much as we do.

Their still a run first, take the mid- big shot down field when it presents it's self O under Ron Turner, who's a staunch proponent of the Air Coryell philosophy on offense. Their throwing more at present more down to the fact that they can't run the ball for ****, and have little choice, even with Cutler in there.

And this bun-com about Zorn and the WCO needs to stop. We run as far removed a version of the WCO as any team that claims to run it does.

We have NO offensive identity.

Hail.

And I don't want to hear " Blah Blah Blah, JC is a great QB.. haven't you seen how bad our O-line is?" That is such a garbage argument. Yes our 0-line is pathetic but I can recall several moments where he had all day to throw the ball and still couldn't make a play.

Jason Campbell is not the best qb in nfl. But after the performance by jay cutler it makes me want to welcome campbell back next season. The redskins have the worst oline in nfl and horrible coaching. Campbell hasnt looked good but hes putting up decent numbers. The last thing we need is him going off to tennesse and making probowl. PLEASE RESIGN JASON CAMPBELL.

Thanks~

I promise if he does I will continue on my boycott of not buying any Redskins merch or go to any games. A close friend of mine is doing the same and we are taking our kids and buying merch of the Capitals.

Jason is a cancer and needs to be done with before it kills the team.

Can knock Cutler for having a bad year yet he still has more TDs already this year than Campbell has EVER thrown over an entire season.

Bingo!

People need to stop trying to find reasons that Campbell doesn't stink and just believe what your eyes have told you the last 4 years! If he only stunk this year, that would be one thing, but he has only had one good stretch of games in his whole career, and that was when the running game was beast. Campbell is a backup, plain and simple.

It's pretty simple. Jay Cutler is better than Campbell even with the 5 int game last night. Does it mean anything at this point? Only a few meaningless things:

1) We are lucky we didn't mortgage the farm on yet another "piece of the puzzle," but right now the livestock is dying anyways.

2) We'd be making excuse after excuse for his INT ratio which would lead to more kneejerk moves by this front office to bring in more receivers and journeymen that we would have mortgaged the farm for (see reason 1)

3) The "team chemistry" concept would be completely forgotten in this town if it hasn't already been. Cutler is not the most humble of teammates. We'll see how he deals with his blunders going forward, but he would not deal with the media scrutiny well in this town. That would for sure trickle down to a blame game that, to this current squad's credit, is NOT playing.

Seriously man, you couldn't make this **** up if you tried.

Please God let no others teams fans be reading. We're a complete Nation wide laughing stock as it is, without certain fans adding to it.

Hail.

So true.

Even back in the days when I owned more bongs than neckties I couldn't imagine some of this.

My flabber is continually gasted.

Thanks~

5 YEARS

5 ******* YEARS.

Enough is enough. The thought of another year with JC makes me want to kill myself. More of that dumb blank stare. More missed receivers and mediocrity. MORE LOSING. :puke:

For the love of all that is decent in this world...

NO MORE JC.

5 YEARS

5 ******* YEARS.

Enough is enough. The thought of another year with JC makes me want to kill myself. More of that dumb blank stare. More missed receivers and mediocrity. MORE LOSING. :puke:

For the love of all that is decent in this world...

NO MORE JC.

The funny thing is, with the conditions that these guys are placing on re-signing Campbell ("fix" OL, better receivers, stronger running game - take your pick), you could find any # of guys that can thrive in a situation like that. Campbell brings nothing special to the table in that capacity.

It'll be a different offensive system, so he's got that working against him. In any scenario, you can probably find someone who would be better than Campbell. Hell, bring back Saunders and start Collins - I bet that would lead to a more consistently productive offense than anything that includes Campbell as QB.

Watch cutlers highlights on nfl. It will make you optimistic.

See how much difference a oline can make. Cutler went from having the best oline in nfl (making probowl) to poor blocking in chicago and sucking it up.

Campbell in a good oline would look so much better. When hes given time he has made some great throws.

Nah, the OL in Chicago doesn't really have much of an effect on Cutler doing the same thing he did in Denver by carelessly throwing in multiple coverage. Jason on the other hand lacks awareness and still makes the same mistakes he's done since taking over in 2006.

Thanks~

While we're at it, and dreaming, lets get him a brain and a accurate arm, to go with it. Look at the QB in GB. He has no line, or running game, and yet he can still get the ball to his receivers, hmmmmm wonder how he can do that without a line, and holding onto the ball too long. Get a grip

Archived