Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan: Please re-sign Jason Campbell (merged)

21cents

BLC's criteria for a successful QB:

- toughness

- ability to fight ones guts out

- likability

- strong arm

- must have 2 feet

- must have 2 functional eyeballs (the DVOA for eyepatching wearing QBs is -9.243)

- ability to throw 2 yards (forward and backwards)

Dude, you left out sliding

which collins pass in which game?
Seriously, are you truly this ignorant, or are you just a failure at trying to even be obtuse? Do you stand in front of your television yelling at the Sport Center anchors when they show a JC overthrow screaming, "that's not right. He didn't overthrow it. Moss should be able to fly." (pout, pout)?

If these plays actually happened, than both of these websites would have seen them. Post video evidence. Since you claim they happened, you should be able to find proof, and the burden of proof is on you since you are the one claiming that two reputable sites are wrong.

When you come in and make a claim that you have zero support of, all the while others show multiple sites that refute your unsupported claim, and then you just leave the argument, it makes you lose credibility and look plain foolish... You can say I've lost mine with my unrelenting bashing of JC, but I think many would disagree with you. If you didn't want to enter into this debate you never should have posted, right now your coming off as child who only listens to there side of the argument then plugs there ears when the other side speaks... And that isn't like you, you've shown us all that you have a vast amount of football knowledge, I would hope that you can clear your head from the frustrations we are all experiencing and post up to your usual par next time.(not sarcasm)
If you didn't see the plays in question or you can't remember them, then you're not entititled to an opinion on the matter. Collins threw a nice touch pass to Moss in the Atlanta game which would've put us at around the Atlanta 20. It dropped into his hands, but he couldn't hang on. On our first TD drive, Moss ran a slant, and Campbell hit him between the numbers; he didn't hang on. On our 2nd TD drive, Moss had another pass hit him between the numbers (would've been a 15-20 yard gain and put us inside their 10), and he dropped it. In the Philly game, JC threw a perfect fade pass to Moss which bounced off Moss' hands. He didn't have to break stride, reach behind himself, or anything like that; he simply failed to catch the ball.

And that's just off the top of my head.

If you didn't see the plays in question or you can't remember them, then you're not entititled to an opinion on the matter. Collins threw a nice touch pass to Moss in the Atlanta game which would've put us at around the Atlanta 20. It dropped into his hands, but he couldn't hang on. On our first TD drive, Moss ran a slant, and Campbell hit him between the numbers; he didn't hang on. On our 2nd TD drive, Moss had another pass hit him between the numbers (would've been a 15-20 yard gain and put us inside their 10), and he dropped it. In the Philly game, JC threw a perfect fade pass to Moss which bounced off Moss' hands. He didn't have to break stride, reach behind himself, or anything like that; he simply failed to catch the ball.

And that's just off the top of my head.

-I didn't offer my opinion on the matter because I didn't remember as I said. I said if your going to make an unsupported claim that was refuted by multiple sources, you should show proof.. Not doing so doesn't make your statement wrong, only makes it less believable... Like I said to IREP, isn't it possible that his memory served him wrong and it wasn't Moss that missed one of the passes? That is a possibility, our memories often play tricks on us... I personally don't know if Moss dropped all those passes, but wouldn't you be irritated if I came into some random thread you were debating in, made an unsupported claim (true or untrue), and when asked to support my claim, I just said no I'm above it..

JC has a low ceiling. He isn't gonna go be a Pro Bowler anywhere. Good line or bad, he will never be consistent as a passer. He isn't gonna hit the deep ball off a play action with any consistency.

He isn't going to make the quick confident decisions necessary to stick it in a tight window. He almost never does that.

He isn't going to hit receivers in stride with accuracy with any consistency. The passing game will always be inconsistent. The offense will never be dynamic with JC at the helm, regardless of the talent surrounding him.

that was a great example of what campbell can do once he gets protection. i like campbell and think he could be a very good qb in this league. i dont want to blow this team up and start over again. i rather retool the o line, draft well and keep the same coaching staff and see where that gets us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived