Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan: Please re-sign Jason Campbell (merged)

21cents

Lol you Campbell bashers are lame. I wasn't even talking about your boy I was talking about some site about dropped passes. The debate was over Moss, not Campbell. But I know you all get excited when you think someone has come into your thread to debate the QB with you. That's not me. Moss dropped more than 2 passes this year. All I wanted to say. I'm out.

Well, it's a damn good thing he has his toughness, because it tough being unemployed in this economy.

can you believe how low this has sunk? i mean i know i say that all the time, but the ocean floor keeps giving way to a deeper abyss of stupid. now were arguing over how many drops moss has, 2 or 3. even if it was 4, that would be 20th in the NFC.

even when two NFL stats sites claim that none of our receivers are even close to cracking the top 20 in drops, were still gonna hear our receivers cant hold on to passes and that campbell needs a better group.

We need to focus on what Campbell is doing better.

I think he has improved significantly in recovering his own fumbles. Much, much better body control in reaching for the fumbled ball, improved hand-eye coordination and most importantly, true grit and toughness.

We need to focus on what Campbell is doing better.

I think he has improved significantly in recovering his own fumbles. Much, much better body control in reaching for the fumbled ball, improved hand-eye coordination and most importantly, true grit and toughness.

Except when the balls are shlipery and stuff.

I think he was just trying to say that Moss had more drops than claimed....not that JC is good.....thats it.....

When the QB throws away a ball and there is a WR in the vicinity, I know that counts as a "thrown to," but does that count as a drop? Statistically, how is it reported, in other words?

Lol you Campbell bashers are lame. I wasn't even talking about your boy I was talking about some site about dropped passes. The debate was over Moss, not Campbell. But I know you all get excited when you think someone has come into your thread to debate the QB with you. That's not me. Moss dropped more than 2 passes this year. All I wanted to say. I'm out.

When you come in and make a claim that you have zero support of, all the while others show multiple sites that refute your unsupported claim, and then you just leave the argument, it makes you lose credibility and look plain foolish... You can say I've lost mine with my unrelenting bashing of JC, but I think many would disagree with you. If you didn't want to enter into this debate you never should have posted, right now your coming off as child who only listens to there side of the argument then plugs there ears when the other side speaks... And that isn't like you, you've shown us all that you have a vast amount of football knowledge, I would hope that you can clear your head from the frustrations we are all experiencing and post up to your usual par next time.(not sarcasm)

When the QB throws away a ball and there is a WR in the vicinity, I know that counts as a "thrown to," but does that count as a drop? Statistically, how is it reported, in other words?

Like previous posters have said I think it depends on the site.

Football outsiders typically is the most "credible"......they take a bunch of different crap into consideration......dont think those guys have lives.

No Campbell supporter has attempted to counter this claim...

Almost half of the starting QB's in the league (14) have more TD's through 9 games THIS season than Campbell's CAREER high for a full season.

How can anyone rationalize that stat?

In fact, of QB's who have started every game this season Campbell only has more TD's than David Garrard, Jake Delhomme, and Mark Sanchez. Garrard is ho hum, Delhomme is washed up, and Sanchez is a rookie. That's it. Sure Campbell has more TD's than guys like Shaun Hill, Kerry Collins, and a handful of others, but those guys have only been part time starters this year.

No Campbell supporter has attempted to counter this claim...

Almost half of the starting QB's in the league (14) have more TD's through 9 games THIS season than Campbell's CAREER high for a full season.

How can anyone rationalize that stat?

In fact, of QB's who have started every game this season Campbell only has more TD's than David Garrard, Jake Delhomme, and Mark Sanchez. Garrard is ho hum, Delhomme is washed up, and Sanchez is a rookie. That's it. Sure he has more TD's than guys like Shaun Hill, Kerry Collins, and a handful of others, but those guys have only been part time starters this year.

Dude I dont think anyone thinks hes a stud, or ever will be a stud anymore.

Everyone knows who he is........I think some people are just defending JC the man....more than JC the player. I have even caught myself doing it as well.....hes a good guy.....he just isnt going to survive here.

Im not sure who can......but Im looking forward to when this is all over, and we give some other poor young chap a try...

Dude I dont think anyone thinks hes a stud, or ever will be a stud anymore.

If you scroll up just a few posts someone makes the claim that if JC were given a decent line he would be a Pro Bowler. Though there are not as many as this past offseason, there are still several posters who continue to claim that Campbell is a good QB, or at least not a major problem.

If you scroll up just a few posts someone makes the claim that if JC were given a decent line he would be a Pro Bowler. Though there are not as many as this past offseason, there are still several posters who continue to claim that Campbell is a good QB, or at least not a major problem.

Mehhh....I honestly think he would be solid in Carolina......but obviously I dont KNOW that. No he wouldnt be a pro bowler.....

Like I said....I think some people just defend JC the man.......more than the player.

Hes a problem among other problems on the team.

Mehhh....I honestly think he would be solid in Carolina......but obviously I dont KNOW that. No he wouldnt be a pro bowler.....

Like I said....I think some people just defend JC the man.......more than the player.

Hes a problem among other problems on the team.

how is that even possible? not a single person here knows "JC the man". no one is his friend or hangs out with him, all we know is what he says to the media. how can you defend a person on a personal level when you you dont even know them?

Debate was over Moss in a thread called PLease re-sign Jason Candle?

HMMMM. what is wrong with this picture? Cant say about others but I came to this thread to talk about Jason Candle not MOss. You shuold go to a thread about Moss or create one about Moss if you want to talk about him .

how is that even possible? not a single person here knows "JC the man". no one is his friend or hangs out with him, all we know is what he says to the media. how can you defend a person on a personal level when you you dont even know them?

I dont know, I guess the same reason people attack him on a personal level.

Not trying to get into it really.....im just saying I think he seems like a geniune guy and people have given him a little more hope for that reason I guess. But at this point for all the JC backers, I just hope they know its over......and its time to move on.

I dont know, I guess the same reason people attack him on a personal level.

Not trying to get into it really.....im just saying I think he seems like a geniune guy and people have given him a little more hope for that reason I guess. But at this point for all the JC backers, I just hope they know its over......and its time to move on.

jc is probably a nice guy, i saw him at tysons once eating a pretzel. he seems like the kinda guy i could eat a pretzel with.

doesnt mean i want him playing QB.

my two favorites since yesterday were "campbell had a heroic 4th quarter against the saints" and "we ran joe gibbs offense for the first 8 games of 08". the heroic thing kills me though, as campbell actually had to reference that in one of his interviews earlier this week. what QB references close to meaningless things that happened well over a season ago? i wonder if he reads these threads just to compile a list of cute little things hes accomplished to use as interview fodder.
(sigh) Not defending tr1's comment or Campbell's comment, but see below......
-That heroic 4th qtr? He for once hit a wide-open Moss, how heroic of him... Brunell to Moss twice in the 4th qtr over Dallas on MNF, that was heroic.
Try more like going 7-7 for 157 yards in 11 minutes.

(sigh) Not defending tr1's comment or Campbell's comment, but see below......Try more like going 7-7 for 157 yards in 11 minutes.

lol no one will defend the filth he spews

-Ok he played good in the final minutes of the NO game but everything has to be taken into account... There #1 corner was a rookie playing Santana Moss, that bomb to Moss was certainly a beautiful play but he was wide open... Yes I know other QB's get there statistics from similar situations the difference is, thats the norm for many other QB's, that play is the exception for JC... Sorry I got kind of wordy at the end.

Rodgers is like Ben in that he moves around and holds onto the ball for a long time. In other words, that Rodgers gets sacked a lot is largely his own fault.

-Certainly, but there's no denying that the injuries that have come to his decimated line have certainly contributed to the sacks.

-Another thing about guys like Ben and Rodgers is they tend to make some big plays when they hold on to the ball too long... So while they take the occasional unnecessary sack, they also make big plays in the same circumstances.

Just FYI, according to stats.com, the Redskins are ranked #25 in dropped passes so far this year.

As an aside, I thought it was interesting that Green Bay was #5 (Only the Lions, Raiders, Browns, and Chiefs have dropped more). So not only does Aaron Rodgers have possibly the worst O line in the league, his receivers have also dropped twice as many passes as ours. And yet he is still playing well.

Different sources say different things. Other sites say that we're near the top.

Archived