Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream 2010 Draft Plan

SkinsAllDay34

Ok, so with our given record and upcoming schedule there is a pretty good chance we are locked in for a top 5 pick. I hope I am wrong but I am assuming we dont win more than 3 more games. I just dont see how we can.

I know a lot of people are looking at this draft and saying that there is load of talent at QB. There is no doubt, but putting a kid behind our O line is not going to solve anything and would not do any better than JC is doing right now.

I think with a solid running game and a good oline, JC can do great. I am a supporter of him but do see his flaws but with a good cast around him we can do things. See for example our 6-2 start last year. JC had what, 8 TDs and 0 picks with Clinton looking like an MVP (JC was even mentioned as a midseason MVP) and our O Line blocking great. Then our oline got destroyed by injuries and that is when JC was looking to run for his life after the snap, instead of looking downfield. When he is confident in his line and has a running game, he is a good QB. Maybe not great but a good one.

Ok back to the plan I dream to happen: I dont know how reasonible the deals are but I will just put it out there anyway.

1. Sign Jahri Evans OL from New Orleans (hopefully he doesnt resign)

2. In the draft trade down from our spot and pick up San Fran's 2 first rounders. They have Carolina's, so it could vary in draft position.

3. Trade up using our 2nd rounder and 2011 1st rounder + others if need be to get back into the 1st.

4. Try to trade the tap dancer for a late draft pick

With the 3 first rounders go OL, OL, and RB

It depends where the picks are but there are good Olinemen outside of Okung. The RB could be of your choice, but I REALLY like CJ Spiller and also Jahvid Best. Both of them could compliment Portis well being Homerun hitters.

We would upgrade our line tremendously in talent and youth and get a young RB to be a dual threat with Portis and be his eventual replacement.

So there it is. Say what you want, but Campbell behind a good young Oline and a explosive run game is fine with me because we dont need Campbell to pass for 4000 yards and 25 TDs to be successful.

There are plenty of threads about this including one giant fantastic thread in the middle of the page.

And this would be ideal.

http://extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7002394&postcount=1621

Yeah, i was going to post it in that thread but thought better to just make it its own thread.

People i guess can post their ideal scenarios if they want

3. Trade up using our 2nd rounder and 2011 1st rounder + others if need be to get back into the 1st.

You know, I'm not going to be upset if this happens, however, I'd rather see this.

3. Keep next year's 1st.

4. Trade the Portis and/or Betts for next year 1st day picks.

2 1st Rounders go -OL OL

2nd rounder - OL / change of pace back

Resign Campbell for a year if he would, or another vet. Sign a vet/unproven RB for a year.

Solidify the line, have another mediocre/bad year.

2011 draft-

1. Trade 2012 picks (world is gonna end then anyway :-p) for a second 1st rounder (preferably high if we don't have a high pick)

2. Draft QB RB

3. 2nd Round- Draft Change of Pace RB

That way our stud QB and our 2 RBs all grow up in our system behind an OL that grows in our system and develop a chemistry.

Also, the OL will have a year under their belt, so they won't be going through the learning curve while our QB is getting destroyed.

no no no.

sign jamaal brown from the saints.

sign ryan torain

we go OT russell okung in round 1, draft demarco murray in round 2, we don't have a third rounder, but in round 4 we draft OG mike johnson from alabama. trade fred davis and a 5th for brady quinn and our offense is set.

We need to draft a FRANCHISE QB in the FIRST ROUND!

Then go grab talented O-Linemen. Then grab, RB and DBs.

And, for the RB. A number of the top running backs were choosen in not the FIRST but LATER rounds. Clinton Portis was a SECOND ROUNDER!

We need to draft a FRANCHISE QB in the FIRST ROUND!

Then go grab talented O-Linemen. Then grab, RB and DBs.

And, for the RB. A number of the top running backs were choosen in not the FIRST but LATER rounds. Clinton Portis was a SECOND ROUNDER!

I'm not sure I really see a "franchise QB" in this class as far as the high first round. They all have some pretty big knocks on them. Bradford has the injury bug and plays behind a dominant OL in a spread system. McCoy is ok, but probably more of a late 1st guy. Also part of a spread system and on the smallish side (mostly weight wise). Locker is a great athlete and runner, but has a crappy completion percentage and, IMO, isn't nearly ready for the big show. The closest guy I see to being a "franchise" QB that could be ready is Clausen, but I have heard issues about his attitude. He plays in a pro style offense, which is a plus, but he is also surrounded by big time talent (Floyd, Tate). The only guy there I see who would be worth a top 5 pick is Clausen. The others would be a reach.

We'll be in a great position to take one of the big name quarterbacks. That give us the perfect scenario to trade down and stockpile OL.

I agree we need a quarterback, but you build teams on the line. Give Colt one year to prove himself. If he doesn't then draft a quarterback next year.

Thirdly, DO NOT trade future draft picks. This isn't a "fixed in one year" team. This is going to take a couple years of good drafting and smart free agent signings.

WE HAVE GOT TO TRADE DOWN!

Ok, so with our given record and upcoming schedule there is a pretty good chance we are locked in for a top 5 pick. I hope I am wrong but I am assuming we dont win more than 3 more games. I just dont see how we can.

I know a lot of people are looking at this draft and saying that there is load of talent at QB. There is no doubt, but putting a kid behind our O line is not going to solve anything and would not do any better than JC is doing right now.

I think with a solid running game and a good oline, JC can do great. I am a supporter of him but do see his flaws but with a good cast around him we can do things. See for example our 6-2 start last year. JC had what, 8 TDs and 0 picks with Clinton looking like an MVP (JC was even mentioned as a midseason MVP) and our O Line blocking great. Then our oline got destroyed by injuries and that is when JC was looking to run for his life after the snap, instead of looking downfield. When he is confident in his line and has a running game, he is a good QB. Maybe not great but a good one.

Ok back to the plan I dream to happen: I dont know how reasonible the deals are but I will just put it out there anyway.

1. Sign Jahri Evans OL from New Orleans (hopefully he doesnt resign)

2. In the draft trade down from our spot and pick up San Fran's 2 first rounders. They have Carolina's, so it could vary in draft position.

It depends where the picks are but there are good Olinemen outside of Okung. The RB could be of your choice, but I REALLY like CJ Spiller and also Jahvid Best. Both of them could compliment Portis well being Homerun hitters.

We would upgrade our line tremendously in talent and youth and get a young RB to be a dual threat with Portis and be his eventual replacement.

So there it is. Say what you want, but Campbell behind a good young Oline and a explosive run game is fine with me because we dont need Campbell to pass for 4000 yards and 25 TDs to be successful.

Archived