Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion mocks Portis concussion

SkinsNumberOne

Didn't see this when using the ES search via Google.

Did anyone catch Deion making light of Portis concussion on the NFL Network?

Portis or anyone else, that was classless garbage. Deion should not be given a free pass for being that lighthearted on something as serious as that. I was disappointed when Rich Eisen merely went quiet instead of at least saying something about it.

The video link (look at about 20 seconds in): http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8140dbaf/NFL-GameDay-Redskins-vs-Falcons-highlights

At least it's mentioned here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/091110&sportCat=nfl

As noted by reader Richard Searle of London, on NFL Network's highlights of Sunday's Redskins-Falcons game, Deion Sanders mocked Clinton Portis for sustaining a concussion about 20 seconds in. It is setting a terrible example when the NFL's own voices treat concussions as a laughing matter.

These networks are full of inarticulate former players who make people dumber watching them on Sundays.

I agree with that for the most part, but I like listening to Deion.

His comments weren't that bad. If y'all are offended by THIS, God knows how you can handle walking outside your house every day.

Seriously, Deion Sanders can go **** himself.

Real telling right at the beginning of the clip

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ons-highlights

about what a narcisstic douchebag Sanders is -Rich Eisen introduces the highlights, saying facetiously "Matty Ice at the House that Deion Built", and Deion just matter of factly interjects "yes", as if it's true, with no hint of irony. **** him.

I guess I saw that a lot differently then you did, I didn't see anything wrong with it. He's not making fun of Portis for it or making light of concussions he's just saying "dude's out cold" which is about the same thing I said as soon as CP hit the ground. If you want to get butt hurt about someone or something, let's stick with Snyder and Vinny instead of manufacturing drama, ok? :evilg:

What does he say? Cant watch at work...

The put it pretty well on this "fight for old dc" site:

Deion Sanders might have said it best on NFL Network as the "highlight" reel ran, even his brand of classless, "I'm a ****y turd way." As Clinton Portis took a shot from Chevis Jackson, Prime Time simply yelled "night, night...he asleep." I'll ignore the fact that this joker has no business on television with his terrible grammar and know-it-all attitude in this case. He might have described exactly how we all feel about the Redskins' 2009 season. Maybe we all do need to go to sleep and pray it's a dream, or at least hibernate through the final eight games.

Obviously, whoever wrote that doesn't seem to share my complete disgust for Deion's comment though. By the way, he said it repeatedly, almost like he was surprised no one thought his ridiculous shtick was funny.

What did he say that was so bad?

He didn't make fun of him. Geez.

There was nothing wrong with that at all.

People are just pissed, understandably, and are now just lashing out at anything.

I guess I saw that a lot differently then you did, I didn't see anything wrong with it. He's not making fun of Portis for it or making light of concussions he's just saying "dude's out cold" which is about the same thing I said as soon as CP hit the ground.

Eisen had already said he had a concussion, and Deion kept on dumbly and repeatedly saying "he asleep" which - I think it's pretty clear - he thought was funny. I mean, if he was making an observation he wouldn't have repeated it like the moron he is.

I'm hardly thin-skinned, but I don't really think it's cool when a guy can't remember the play where he got injured (a day later, last I heard, he still couldn't remember it) and people want to make light of it. Concussions like that are no joke, at all, to me.

DCSF - if I had seen it that way, I'd agree with you. From what I am saying above (the repetition, tone of voice) I think it's clear he was making a joke out of it. Anyway, in the first post I also linked where someone else saw it the same way (as do, it seems, most here). There's always going to be interpretation, but probably if 90% of the people see it one way, and 10% see it another way, there was at least a problem with the delivery if not, outright, the intent/meaning.

OK out of every person on this planet hell every living being in the solar system....Prime Time is the absolute LAST who has any right to make fu of anyones injury after his ten year battle with turf toe...

I concur. Yeah, I'd say concussions are more terrifying than funny. Now a broken pinkie? That's a hilarious injury.

Archived