Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion mocks Portis concussion

SkinsNumberOne

The real insult isn't the comment itself. It's that girly-boy Neon Deionne Peon no-tackling Sanders would ever talk junk about a tackle.

Uhmmmm.....

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/s/991026deion.html

IRVING, Texas -- Deion Sanders had a point to prove and not even a concussion could stop him.

Deion Sanders got the final word with a 70-yard punt return for a touchdown.

Ignoring doctors' orders, Sanders slipped out of the locker room, onto the field and into the end zone to help the Dallas Cowboys finish off the Washington Redskins and their trash-talking receivers in a 38-20 victory Sunday.

Not long after, Sanders got nailed by two Washington defenders during a punt return. Doctors said Sanders suffered a concussion and sent him to the locker room to recover. Gailey was told not to expect him back.

But as Washington finished its fourth play of the third quarter, No. 21 came trotting out of the tunnel. Seeing a break in action, he ran to his spot on the far side of the field in time for the next snap.

The crowd barely had time to react, and the Redskins might not have either. They had six snaps the rest of that drive and didn't test him once.

"I knew the doctors weren't going to let me go out there, so I ran in straight from the tunnel," Sanders said.

Connell's touchdown got the Redskins within four points, but the Cowboys answered with a touchdown that put them up 31-20.

Washington was forced to punt on its next possession, and that's when Sanders came up with the victory-sealing touchdown.

While celebrating the score, someone told Gailey that Sanders wasn't even supposed to be playing.

"That's when I said come on off, and he did," Gailey said. "Reluctantly."

:doh:

Ok maybe I'm a litttle biased because I played football before.. but what was wrong with what he said??

He said Portis was asleep.. he went night night... So what?? its a term I used to hear on the football field all the time when someone got knocked the F*ck out! It's like saying Portis got his bell rung. what's wrong with that?? From how some of you are describing what he said.. I thought he said something like Portis is faking or Portis needs to man up and take a hit better.. And lets be perfectly honest hear ok... concussions happen EVERY week in the NFL, some are severe and some are minor. None should be taken lightly but some deserve a serious reaction and some a not so serious reaction. Portis doesn't deserve a serious reaction because he went back to the sidelines under his own power and was seen smiling and joking. Its not like Portis was carted off the field like Javid Best from California last week, or he lay motionless for almost 5 min like Westbrook on MNF. Portis went night night for a few seconds! Please lighten up

I was thinking the same thing. When I played ball in HS and college , the things my own team-mates would say about someone getting their "bell-rung" were 100% worst than what Ol' pinkie toe said. I not a Dion fan but the man played football and baseball at the highest level. I think he is allowed to have a little fun. I'll take PrimeTime now instead of the non-tackling, non-catching, and non-punt returning dweebs that act like Redskins.

I was thinking the same thing. When I played ball in HS and college , the things my own team-mates would say about someone getting their "bell-rung" were 100% worst than what Ol' pinkie toe said. I not a Dion fan but the man played football and baseball at the highest level. I think he is allowed to have a little fun. I'll take PrimeTime now instead of the non-tackling, non-catching, and non-punt returning dweebs that act like Redskins.

Pretty much

Ummmm..... yeah.

Even that puff piece article you posted, written by an espn DALLAS FAN (Associated Press Texas sports editor Jaime Aron), we have the following quotes: "showing surprising aggressiveness". "It was only his fourth tackle for a loss in his 11-year career."

Oh look, Deionnne trash-talks other players too, with the same reaction.

Dionne = soft. He may be doing his level best in the media to change his image, but when your most memorable moment is a prissy little slap fight with a receiver, yeah.

Dionne = soft AND classless.

Deion wasn't a good tackler at all, but to say he wasn't a good football player is ludicrous. He was an absolute SHUT DOWN corner, who made big-time interceptions. Oh, and he was one of the best punt returners I've ever seen AND could play wide receiver when needed.

And not for nothing, the guy was a solid baseball player - only guy to have played both in a Super Bowl AND a World Series. Not to mention his Jim Thorpe Award in college, and the fact that his college baseball team reached the College World Series. For God's sake the man was in an NFL game and an MLB game ON THE SAME DAY!

I hated Deion when he played for the Pukes, but I'm not blind. I'd kill to have a CB like Sanders in his prime on the Redskins right now. And batting lead-off for the Nationals, for that matter.

I was thinking the same thing. When I played ball in HS and college , the things my own team-mates would say about someone getting their "bell-rung" were 100% worst than what Ol' pinkie toe said. I not a Deion fan but the man played football and baseball at the highest level. I think he is allowed to have a little fun. I'll take PrimeTime now instead of the non-tackling, non-catching, and non-punt returning dweebs that act like Redskins.

Dionne = soft. He may be doing his level best in the media to change his image, but when your most memorable moment is a prissy little slap fight with a receiver, yeah.

Dionne = soft AND classless.

You make a better case to have a respectable opinion if you can actually correctly spell the name of the person you're trying to make fun of.

Give it another try maybe.

By the way, he's also arguably the greatest shutdown corner of all-time.

Well, some of us just see Portis's concussion as more serious than others, that's all there is to it. To clarify, if it had happened to anyone (not just a Redskin) I would be just as irritated with Deion's comment. If Portis was knocked down (but not given a concussion that is still affecting him days later) I wouldn't be irritated either.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hxWXKfvI7jB3hRiUFIJKr7WjkH9g

"He would play if he could, but he really is sort of mellowed out with this concussion. Just a little quiet. He needs to get rest," Zorn said. "And I think it's a dangerous thing. I would never say, 'Come on, Clinton! You can do it!' That wouldn't be the right thing to try to push, and we're not going to do that."

There were also separate reports the day after and 2 days after that Portis had trouble remembering some parts of Sunday's game.

Some of you drew a line between Portis' concussion and Westbrook's. I see that there's obviously a difference, but the after effects are not that cut-and-dry. So again, it's just a difference of opinion on how serious it is. And no, I don't agree with making fun of Aikman for getting a concussion from Arrington. Nor am I irritated that the hits actually happened in a sport where it happens. That doesn't mean you should mock getting a concussion, in my opinion.

But to each his own.

*Making fun of Deion's football talent (if anyone did it, it seems like it's implied by some of the posts I saw but I didn't read the whole thread just now) is pretty stupid though.

Not sure how saying "night night" is mocking a concussion, simply saying lights are out and he was knocked out cold. Oh crap, "knocked out cold" is probably mocking his concussion too.

Lighten up. As for Deion, that's the way he is. If y'all don't like it, don't watch. You realize the more you bring it up, the more he gets paid?

You make a better case to have a respectable opinion if you can actually correctly spell the name of the person you're trying to make fun of.

Give it another try maybe.

By the way, he's also arguably the greatest shutdown corner of all-time.

Maybe the best coverage corner I've ever seen. As far as tackling and his general drama queen antics....I got his name right. DIONNNE.

Not sure how saying "night night" is mocking a concussion, simply saying lights are out and he was knocked out cold. Oh crap, "knocked out cold" is probably mocking his concussion too.

Lighten up. As for Deion, that's the way he is. If y'all don't like it, don't watch. You realize the more you bring it up, the more he gets paid?

"You realize the more you bring it up, the more he gets paid?"

Never seen an on air contract with incentive terms tied to unrelated blog responses...care to provide any evidence that this statement isn't just more :bsflag:;)

One of my favorite plays was when deion got his bell rung by Dan Turk and then Sellers. He was on the sideline a bit woozy, and cokehead wearing a neck brace came up and laughed at him. Would love to see a youtube.

Sure he came back into the game and otherwise ruined what was a wonderful moment in washington dallas history. I still cant believe he made it off the field.

Archived