Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Zorn says Randle El is primary punt returner

Monte51Coleman

I'm not pleased with Zorn's insecurities within himself. He's gotta believe in the decisions he makes.

I'm going to hope he just doesn't want the Falcons to really focus on anyone except Randle El but that he truly is intending to minimize his touches.

Oldfan, do you really think EL is the best option, or are you looking to stir the you know what?[/QUOTe]

I didn't give my opinion because the intelligent answer is -- I don't know -- and neither do the ES experts who pretend to know it all. I have to assume that Danny Smith thinks so because ARE is the one he's putting back there.

Oldfan thinks everything Redskins is perfect and we have an all star roster. Don't feed the trolls please.

So now homers are trolls? :doh:

A sign of the times. We just can't have anyone positive saying anything, nope... we must all be as negative as possible and if we're not they should be reprimanded and labeled as trolls! Yippee! :excited: Ban those trolls! :banhim:

I think there is something wrong with someone who says stupid things just to start a fight on this forum. In these days this is not needed.

If my post was stupid, it should be easy enough for you to tell us why instead of taking cheap shots at me personally.

So, why was my post stupid?

Betts would be better(at least he would run forward)

Rock would be better(see above)

D-Hall would be better

D Thomas would be better

You are making unsupported claims. You have no idea if any of these players would do better and neither does anyone else in this thread.

What El brings to the table on punt returns is his ability to keep the ball in our possession. This season, that ability comes into question. He's not our most explosive returner, or exciting returner, but he (did) keep the ball in our possession.

In reality, Santana is probably our most explosive returner. I've never really seen much of Hall returning, so I'll leave that one out there. But I'm wondering if they are more careless with the ball? I have no idea.

It looks like we like to go conservative with our return game, though.

So now homers are trolls?

I am not now, nor have I ever been a Homer. I argue against stupidity and unfairness. This thread has both. Jim Zorn's remarks were interpreted one way by one reporter and differently by another. Z does have a problem saying precisely what he means.

It has been obvious since offseason workouts that the Skins were hoping to find someone better at punt returning than ARE and it's equally obvious that they haven't had anyone stand out.

That's all there is to this, but we have ES posters who are going to try to build mountains out of molehills.

You are making unsupported claims. You have no idea if any of these players would do better and neither does anyone else in this thread.

Ridiculous. These suggestions are supported by my own eyes, statistics, and the crap-ass performance of Randle El.

The team has only one special teams coach.

That doesn't mean his opinion is the right one, or the best for our team.

I didn't give my opinion because the intelligent answer is -- I don't know -- and neither do the ES experts who pretend to know it all. I have to assume that Danny Smith thinks so because ARE is the one he's putting back there.

El is averaging a meager 5.2 yards per return this season, good for 25th best in the league. And he averaged just 6.5 last season, and 6.1 in 2007. Those are god awful stats.

In comparison Santana Moss has averaged 13.9 yards on 10 returns in 2008-2009. And he took one to the house last season, something El hasn't done since 2006.

If Danny Smith or Zorn really thought El was the best option they wouldn't replace him at key moments in games because the team "needs a spark."

Danny Smith made it very clear back in camp (on video on Redskins.com) that ARE is NOT his first choice as a returner.

He said (paraphrasing): would I prefer to have a Santana Moss or a D.Hall back there? Sure. But I have to work with what they will give me.

He made it clear that he was told he could not use Moss or Hall as the primary returner because of injury concern. And he also made it clear he wasn't thrilled with ARE.

Ridiculous. These suggestions are supported by my own eyes, statistics, and the crap-ass performance of Randle El.

The team has only one special teams coach.

That doesn't mean his opinion is the right one, or the best for our team.

It's always possible that you're right and Danny Smith is wrong. It just isn't very likely.

Dammit put Moss in. At least we can put the ball in one of our playmaker's hands.

It is retarded that he isn't doing this full time. He is by far the best we have. I don't get it at all. Are we worried he might get hurt? Steve Smith seems to do alright returning punts and being a star WR.

No clue why we don't want the ball in someone's hands as much as possible. Especially, when that person is a threat to score every time they touch the ball. ARE-----Not a threat at all.

It's always possible that you're right and Danny Smith is wrong. It just isn't very likely.

I think they are both right.

You're making an assumption about what Danny Smith thinks. I'm going through video right now to find exactly what Smith said about this issue back in camp.

No that is not the correct answer.

Are you saying that Danny Smith is the best at this job? Is he the expert? Does he not make mistakes? Has he ever coached a special teams probowler?

And for that matter your continuing to be wrong because your projecting and adding to this story. Does it say Danny Smith pleaded with Zorn for the job to stay Randle El's or does it say Randle El pleaded for the job and Zorn told him it was still his?

Last point and then I'll stop talking to you because I do not respect your opinions...check the stats. Moss's average vs. Randle El's average as a punt returner. You tell me how you can see that and combine it with the fact that El's been dropping punts and fumbling and say with a straight face that he's the best for the job?

El is averaging a meager 5.2 yards per return this season, good for 25th best in the league. And he averaged just 6.5 last season, and 6.1 in 2007. Those are god awful stats.

In comparison Santana Moss has averaged 13.9 yards on 10 returns in 2008-2009. And he took one to the house last season, something El hasn't done since 2006.

If Danny Smith or Zorn really thought El was the best option they wouldn't replace him at key moments in games because the team "needs a spark."

You have to do more than make the argument that ARE doesn't do the job very well. You have to argue that there is someone better to do the job as the primary punt returner.

If you want to argue that Moss should be doing it, then you have to be willing to argue that Jim Zorn and Joe Gibbs were wrong in not making Moss our primary punt returner. You might also tell us why Gibbs was wrong in not using Darell Green as his primary since he was clearly the most dangerous returner.

Oldfan, with a few months of practice, I would be willing to bet cash that you could average more YPR than Randle El.

A store mannequin could match Randle El.

In no order:

Betts would be better(at least he would run forward)

Rock would be better(see above)

D-Hall would be better

D Thomas would be better

For the love of God, who was the old receiver we had last season who retired? His name escapes me at the moment.

Even he was better.

James "The Thrash" Thrasher!!

You have to do more than make the argument that ARE doesn't do the job very well. You have to argue that there is someone better to do the job as the primary punt returner.

If you want to argue that Moss should be doing it, then you have to be willing to argue that Jim Zorn and Joe Gibbs were wrong in not making Moss our primary punt returner. You might also tell us why Gibbs was wrong in not using Darell Green as his primary since he was clearly the most dangerous returner.

Usually you never have your #1 receiver taking the PR duties

Then by god we should shut this joint down immediately since non of us dingleberries have ever watched football. You know, then new fangled game with the yellow things that stick up out of the ground on either end of the field.

Please, anyone with a set of working eyes sees what's on the field. I could care less what Danny Smith thinks. If he thinks El is the best we have, then therein lies the problem.

So now homers are trolls? :doh:

A sign of the times. We just can't have anyone positive saying anything, nope... we must all be as negative as possible and if we're not they should be reprimanded and labeled as trolls! Yippee! :excited: Ban those trolls! :banhim:

Take it easy. I labled Oldfan a troll because like the previous poster said himself, he thinks as I do that Oldfan posts things here simply for attention and amusement of arguing. Oldfan's said the same thing himself in so many words in the past. No I don't feel like looking for that post but I honestly do feel as if Oldfan likes to rile up other members of this forum and honestly I don't think he really means half of what he says here. In this time of losing and needing to find an identity I don't think we need posters looking to pick arguements, I think we need unitity much more. And what do you do with Trolls? You ignore them. What should I do with Oldfan...you get the picture

Archived