Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Zorn says Randle El is primary punt returner

Monte51Coleman

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/zorn-says-randle-el-is-primary.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Zorn says Randle El is primary punt returner

Coach Jim Zorn today contradicted comments he made the previous two days about the team's punt return situation, saying after practice "nothing has changed" and Antwaan Randle El would remain the team's primary returner.

"Antwaan, I guess he got asked a couple of questions, and he came into my office to talk about it," Zorn said. "I said, 'Well, there's really nothing to talk about. Nothing has changed.' That's how I would bill it. There's no difference."

Click on link above for the remainder.

"Antwaan, I guess he got asked a couple of questions, and he came into my office to talk about it," Zorn said. "I said, 'Well, there's really nothing to talk about. Nothing has changed.' That's how I would bill it. There's no difference."

This is an area of our game that clearly needs to be changed.

Gutless.

In an interview Monday, Zorn said the team planned to expand cornerback DeAngelo Hall's role as a punt returner, using him more than Randle El - the primary returner the last four seasons - while also continuing to occasionally turn to top receiver Santana Moss in a change-of-pace role. Zorn said Hall "probably" would handle the first punt return Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome and be used more than Randle El during the game.

"One of the things that's going to happen is we're going to get another guy involved in punt returning and that's going to be DeAngelo," Zorn said Monday. "We're going to try to get him more and more reps. I've been trying to get Santana at least a couple of punt returns a game and I'm going to continue that. You're still going to see Antwaan out there but it'll be a little more flipped as far as the involvement. You're going to see more and more" of Hall.

Archived