Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Zorn says Randle El is primary punt returner

Monte51Coleman

Keep acting like betting against the redskins succeeding was some kind of psychic moment.

No psychic hot line was needed for that prediction buddy. I wasn't betting against the skins just simply telling it like it is. The reason our team is in shambles is because of Dan Snyder keeping Vinny Cerrato around, and Cerrato who hired Jim Zorn as head coach, and Zorn who allows this type of miscommunication to go on at Redskins Park. How in the world can Zorn turn around and say Randle El is still the primary returner the day after he said he wasn't :doh:

This quote was released a short while ago from the park:

Secondary Coach Jerry Gray

On DeAngelo Hall’s potential returning punts:

<snip>

I just don't understand why everything has to be such a production with this team. If ARE sucks at it (which he does, mightily), then find somebody--anybody--else. Even if ARE is decent (which he is not), if someone does it better (which it is obvious we have unexplored options) then that person should get the job. It should have been done a long time ago as much as it needs to be done now. Why all the talk and indecisiveness? This is like a ****ing rudderless ship! Holy crap we need a real coach! Someone that will quit stroking egos and worrying about millionaire athletes' feelings, and do what it takes and make the decisions that it takes to field a competitive team. Holy crap...

Not surprising; Randel El is tied for second in the league in number of fair catches.

Jim leonard has had 13 fair catches out of 34 punts.

Johny Lee Higgins has had 11 fair catches out of 24 punts.

Randel El has had 11 fair catches out of 22 punts.

Not surprising; Randel El is tied for second in the league in number of fair catches.

Jim leonard has had 13 fair catches out of 34 punts.

Johny Lee Higgins has had 11 fair catches out of 24 punts.

Randel El has had 11 fair catches out of 22 punts.

but look at percentages:

Leonard: 38%

Higgins: 45%

Our Bum: 50%

That means that an even 1/2 the time he doesnt even try to change field position.

It really feel like this team is delusional. I think they're going to go out there, not change anything of substance, and still be baffled when we lose. Then the players will tweet about how we are fair weather fans because we aren't standing by them as they do the same thing week in and week out and expect different results.

Try something. ANYTHING. Afraid to put Moss back there because he might get hurt? Who cares?! Are you saving him for the playoffs? DO SOMETHING!!!!!

I've actually wondered this myself. Zorn knows he's gone. So he's not even interested in thinking about developing players next year. Subtle sabotage. Zorn is probably thinking I'm taking Vinny down with me as well. "I can't have Vinny looking good."

I think you misjudge him. Jim Zorn is incapable of sabotage. He's making the calls that he thinks have the best chance to win the next game.

Over the course of his career, ARE has muffed few punts and rarely fumbles on a runback. De Angelo has fumbled twice in 13 returns. Z obviously has looked at a lot of players trying to replace ARE as the primary and none have filled the bill in his eyes.

But, what does he know compared to the experts on ES?

But, what does he know compared to the experts on ES?

Did you really type this with a straight face?!?

2 words for ya...........

-Stretch Left-

Doesnt take an "expert" to figure out the masterminds abilitty to see talent and use it to it's full potential.

'nuff said...........

No psychic hot line was needed for that prediction buddy. I wasn't betting against the skins just simply telling it like it is. The reason our team is in shambles is because of Dan Snyder keeping Vinny Cerrato around, and Cerrato who hired Jim Zorn as head coach, and Zorn who allows this type of miscommunication to go on at Redskins Park. How in the world can Zorn turn around and say Randle El is still the primary returner the day after he said he wasn't :doh:

I was being sarcastic, we been had a train wreck in DC.

:(

What about "stretch left?"

You are comparing the experts on ES' football knowledge to that of the head coach, Jim Zorn.

My point is that my 12 year old looked at me and said "Dad, the other team has to know we are going to run left" and we did.

How football smart can this man be?!?

Now if you were to argue that he's spineless and gave the punt return duties back to ARE because of that or that everyone else simply refused to return punts or VC forced him to make the move or well just about anything but his smarts would be acceptable.

You are comparing the experts on ES' football knowledge to that of the head coach, Jim Zorn.

My point is that my 12 year old looked at me and said "Dad, the other team has to know we are going to run left" and we did.

How football smart can this man be?!?

You obviously don't know more about football than your 12 year-old. Zorn most likely ran the stretch left repeatedly against the Giants to keep Osi at home (playing run first) and give Chris Samuels some help in pass protection. That would allow him to use Cooley to help on the right side.

In other words, the stretch left frequency was probably part of the pass protection plan against the NFL's best pass rush line.

Now if you were to argue that he's spineless and gave the punt return duties back to ARE...

Since there were two interpretations of what he said within an hour of each other, I'll argue that Zorn is inarticulate. He never meant that Hall would displace ARE as the primary PR in the first place.

You obviously don't know more about football than your 12 year-old. Zorn most likely ran the stretch left repeatedly against the Giants to keep Osi at home (playing run first) and give Chris Samuels some help in pass protection. That would allow him to use Cooley to help on the right side.

In other words, the stretch left frequency was probably part of the pass protection plan against the NFL's best pass rush line.

Since there were two interpretations of what he said within an hour of each other, I'll argue that Zorn is inarticulate. He never meant that Hall would displace ARE as the primary PR in the first place.

What about every game since the Giants game? It is painfully obvious to everyone, except maybe you, that Zorn has a tendency to run left, over and over and over again..... I understand that you stick with a game plan and that you continue to call a play that doesnt succeed on the first couple of tries, I get that. What I don't get is why continue running the same play when it hasnt worked for 3 quarters in any given game. Unless of course you are gonna argue that we have faced the elite DL in the league every game so far.

The only conclusion is that Zorn is much smarter than everyone else. Who am I to argue when the results are right there for all to see.

What about every game since the Giants game? It is painfully obvious to everyone, except maybe you, that Zorn has a tendency to run left, over and over and over again.....

You are making up your facts. If you exclude the Giants game, our runs have been well-balanced.

Archived