Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was the last book you read?

JMS

I like anything with zombies, for sure. :D Not familiar with John Ringo, though, I have to admit.

We recently bought a copy of Pride & Prejudice and Zombies. I've yet to read it but judging a book by its cover, it certainly looks promising.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains"

PPZquirk.jpg

Last book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I really enjoyed it. I've read the last two chapters over again several times. It's like the fight scenes in Ivanhoe or King Author. Good stuff.

Isis by Douglas Clegg. It's a nice little Halloween novella and I would highly recommend it!

The last book in the Dark Tower series. Easily the best book series ever!

Anytime I read a book I imagine how it could be made into a movie and who would play each character. Ultimately anytime a book is made into a movie it loses it's identity and I think the Dark Tower series is way to complex to pull off in a film.

However, I do envision it being done in animation. The type of film I have in my mind is like the animated film Heavy Metal. I just think it would be a kickass series of animated films.

yeah, read them all. In fact, I think they may use some of that in the final sunrise lands book. (High king of Montival)

I've enjoyed most of his stuff and now i'm excited to get the draka series thanks to you!

Warning on the Draka series the early books are not that good actually - 1st two books, Marching through Georgia and ? (- been a long time) are a bit pedestrian but the then the 3rd book (Stone Dogs) is rip roaring and the last post series book Drakon is good as well. (Think you can get the series minus Drakon in a single compelation book now).

Can anybody recommend any good/interesting Economics related books, both classics and more current ones?

The Great Wave: Price Revolutions and the Rhythm of History, by David Hackett Fischer (1999)

Butterfly Economics: A New General Theory of Social and Economic Behavior, by Paul Ormerod (2001)

The Misbehavior of Markets: A Fractal View of Risk, Ruin & Reward, by Benoit Mandelbrot (2006)

Why Most Things Fail: Evolution, Extinction and Economics, by Paul Ormerod (2007)

Origin of Wealth: Evolution, Complexity, and the Radical Remaking of Economics, by Eric Beinhocker (2007)

These are on my intellectual fun list, which is extensive and contains very few crossed off titles...

The Great Wave: Price Revolutions and the Rhythm of History, by David Hackett Fischer (1999)

Butterfly Economics: A New General Theory of Social and Economic Behavior, by Paul Ormerod (2001)

The Misbehavior of Markets: A Fractal View of Risk, Ruin & Reward, by Benoit Mandelbrot (2006)

Why Most Things Fail: Evolution, Extinction and Economics, by Paul Ormerod (2007)

Origin of Wealth: Evolution, Complexity, and the Radical Remaking of Economics, by Eric Beinhocker (2007)

These are on my intellectual fun list, which is extensive and contains very few crossed off titles...

Damn you read a lot of of last book!:silly:

Haha, willmb5 was asking for economics related books. Those are some that I'm either working on or are on the to-read list. One of these days, I'll actually make it through some more of those.

That's fine however,the the OP didn't ask that.

willmb5 can start a new thread and ask that!

I know you guys are young!

You may want to start with this The Road to Serfdom by Hayek.

He was a pretty smart guy in my book!:D

Can anybody recommend any good/interesting Economics related books, both classics and more current ones?

anything from this list....

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/edu/economics.php

Additional Introductory Reading in Economics

The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul, ch. 4

The Concise Guide to Economics by Jim Cox

Making Economic Sense by Murray N. Rothbard

Pillars of Prosperity: Free Markets, Honest Money, Private Property by Ron Paul

Economic Policy: Thoughts for Today and Tomorrow by Ludwig von Mises

Free Market Economics: A Reader by Bettina Bien Greaves

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism by Robert P. Murphy

Free Market Economics: A Syllabus by Bettina Bien Greaves

The Church and the Market: A Catholic Defense of the Free Economy by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

Whatever Happened to Penny Candy? by Richard J. Maybury

Archived