Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Montgomery to Jets?

Dirk Diggler

Why would any team want to give up any draft pick for a guy that hasn't been healthy enough to get on the field all season. If this was the Redskins and they traded a 5th or 6th rounder for a marginal offensive tackle that had been injured all season, we'd all be screaming.

Gotta think there's better options out there for the Jets.

do it... monty has been a bust here anyway

Ummm, OK...a fifth-round pick that started 21 games and played quite well at times for us over the last two years is a bust. I am not sure what you expect out of fifth-round picks.

With that being said, I do not think we can realistically get much for him. He is banged up and has not played at all this year. I would say a sixth is about all we would get. He has a lot of talent and potential, but he has not showed it on the field this year.

Wasn't he a UFA and didn't get any interest?

Well, if you can do it, surewhynot

He was a restricted free agent. It would have cost a team a fifth-rounder to get him this offseason, and nobody bit. He has not exactly added to his value this year, although there are a few teams that really need a DT.

Shame on you.

you know full well that Vinny would never think to execute such a brilliant personnel move.

i.e. another team has a need at a position where we have a surplus....we need draft picks.....(doesn't put two and two together)

Archived