Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was the best QB in Washington after the Rypien Era???

SKINFAN23

If we are going on talent and performance while a Skin not victories= Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell (yeah he was on his last legs with the Skin but the guy has had a solid career), Trent Green, Gus Ferotte.

Victories and overall team performance= Brad Johnson, Mark Brunell, Gus Ferotte and everybody else....meh.

Brad Johnson followed by Mark Brunell. The only 2 to win playoff games during this era.

Could you post their stats in those games?

They were both bad btw, Brunells was record breaking bad.

Trent Green did more than them when he could have been here doing it. Johnson did end up winning a SB in a Trent Dilferesque fashion.

We've only had two fleeting glimpses of ANYTHING approaching the upper end of the position since the last Championship in Trent Green and Brad Johnson; with no disrespect to what Scott did in '05, being he faded badly down the stretch, as exciting as that year and his play was at times.

Two and a bit season's worth in what's now the eighteenth since the last Lombardi.

The position, the single most important on ANY team, has been neglected for WAY too long now in DC in terms of top class talent.

Here's praying we manage to snag a Bradford or someone of his ilk in next years draft, and he turns out to be everything we're crying out for.

We deserve FAR better than what we've endured over the past two decades.

Hail.

This thread explains why we have been so mediocre for so long. We haven't had a QB worth a damn in nearly 20 years. All you people pining for Brad Johnson forget that he was only good for half of 1999. From week 1 to week 7 of 1999 he threw 14 TDs and only 2 Ints. From week 8 to the end of the season he threw 10 TDs and 11 Ints. He was then horrible in the playoffs. He followed that up with 11 TDs and 15 Ints the next season. I liked Brad Johnson but he wasn't very good for us unless everybody considers Jason Campbell a great QB based on his first 8 games last year. Trent Green might have been the guy if he had stayed but he didn't.

We haven't had a QB worth a damn since 1991. So I vote nobody.

This thread explains why we have been so mediocre for so long. We haven't had a QB worth a damn in nearly 20 years. All you people pining for Brad Johnson forget that he was only good for half of 1999. From week 1 to week 7 of 1999 he threw 14 TDs and only 2 Ints. From week 8 to the end of the season he threw 10 TDs and 11 Ints. He was then horrible in the playoffs. He followed that up with 11 TDs and 15 Ints the next season. I liked Brad Johnson but he wasn't very good for us unless everybody considers Jason Campbell a great QB based on his first 8 games last year. Trent Green might have been the guy if he had stayed but he didn't.

We haven't had a QB worth a damn since 1991. So I vote nobody.

He then went on to win a superbowl after he left Washington.

This is like trying to pick a beauty queen at a nursing home.

LOL! :hysterical:

My thoughts exactly! I cant believe the list of mediocre QBs we have had as a franchise. :doh:

Oh when can we just find the guy that we won't need to question his ability for 10 years or more.

Brad Johnson was great in 1st half of 1999. By 2nd half of season his arm was dead, and he was ineffective.

Sad to say, but best QB we've had since Rypien is probably Mark Brunell in 2005 regular season.

Jason Campbell is battling Heath Shuler for honor of worst we've had.

:laugh:now that is funny and so true about jc battling heath shuler

:laugh:now that is funny and so true about jc battling heath shuler

No, it's not. If you think Campbell is as bad as Shuler was, you just don't remember the Congressman. This is not a defense of Campbell in any way, just a reminder of how utterly putrid a QB Heath Shuler was. It ain't even close.

In his 2 years as a part time starter Shuler completed 45.3% then 52.8% of his passes. He went 4-9 as a starter while throwing 13 TDs to 19 picks. His rating was 59.6 and then 55.6.

Trent Green.

hands down.

His 1998 stats were

Trent threw for 3,441 yards, 23 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions

Brad Johnson had a slightly better year statistically, but Trent Green had way more promise.

He left during the ownership change and all of the uncertainty.

Brad Johnson played the best out of any QB for the REdskins after Rypien. Brad Johnson threw up 52 points @ Giants Stadium in '99 and gave us a home playoff game. Rich Gannon might be the best Redskins QB though after Rypien(just not while on the Redskins ;)).

My list would go

1. Brad Johnson

2. Trent Green

3. Gus Frerotte

4. Jason Campbell

5. Tony Banks

Archived